Block stats + block treaty web

ProdigyNL

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February the 13th:

I updated every block and added nukes to the few that didn't have nukes yet.

Bastion and Below have been added, but could you please merge those 2 blocks into the Superfriends?

It's not like they don't share a lot of members with the 3 of them.

(Ofcourse this also counts for One Vision/Ring Cycle and Watling/Purqua)

Edited by ProdigyNL

OUT maybe not a treaty, but the OUT alliances have held the treaty in high spirit and havent declared on each other even if on opposing sides, thats why Orange remains the strongest and most stable colour. OUT has done better than many MDPs

All this is true. And yet OUT is not a bloc according to the conditions set in the OP, which defines a bloc as a multilateral MDP or higher.

This is correct, as soon as OUT makes the defense mandatory i would add them. (same for OPP)

The goal of the block web is to see the bigger picture of the treaty web, individual treaties make things hard to see and 50% gets ignored in a war anyway.

In most cases blocks fight together trough wars as they are made with much care and to reach common goals, this is also where the stats come in, to see how big the blocks exactly are.

With the current block web we have here its most likely that in a case of war there will be a few blocks that wont be fighting on the same side, however i do believe that the percentage of blocks fighting on the same side is a lot higher then the percentage of treaty partners fighting on the same side.

This is the reason why the web requires to be MDP+.

Also the web would be very hard to read if i added all non MDP blocks, too many lines crossing from one side to another side.

Incidentally, there's also a recognizeable northeast and southwest to this bloc web. Food for nostalgia.

I noticed that today too, but its just the way how the blocks are made.

Its the disadvantage of alliances with multiple blocks.

I noticed that today too, but its just the way how the blocks are made.

Its the disadvantage of alliances with multiple blocks.

Re alliances with multiple blocs: I'm lovin' the Bastion-Below-Chestnut-Suprfriends tangle/ungodly mess

:awesome:

EDIT: Slashes indicated divergence. Em-dashes unify. Get it right!

Edited by Sovyet Gelibolu

I know you've said you wouldn't, but I think it would definitely be worth adding OPP and Ragnablok. Although technically they're not obligated to defend their protectors, OPP has fought beside TPF in nearly every war since it's creation and I don't doubt Ragnablok would do the same.

It would just be interesting to see if they actually make up a reasonable force when added together.

• 2 weeks later...