CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Perhaps Kankou has the ability to predict the future! Adolf has been messaging me for a long time asking for Great Britain - he didn't just pop out of nowhere. I told him he could have it since no one else had asked for it. Then I got a message from Zoot... Well let's just say that I promised Adolf he could RP there and if he is willing to defend it I say he deserves it unless he is defeated. SS said the reason why he'd been so long (and not even come on the forums may I mind you) was because he was in the hospital.

My stress has been down like 700% since not being in #CNRP. Life is pretty great.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good to know and Kankou I appreciate you letting me know about what was happening as to Anna's storyline. It seemed odd that Kral appeared just as SS left so I guess it seemed odd, but I'm glad that everything is working out for you guys.

...well everyone except for Zoot, but that's an entirely different matter.

You know, I had a thought on that phrase some people are fond of tossing around... 'nut up or shut up.' Yeah, sounds fine in theory, but in practice...it's asking people to cross the IC/OOC barrier. Think about it...you're asking someone to stop complaining OOC-wise, when IC, their nation might actually be the kind to support whatever action they are complaining about...not always the case, I understand that perfectly, but the saying is far from a perfect answer to every complaint.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1343873945' post='3017700']
Nut up or shut up.
[/quote]

People who make this comment have no concept of how to RP or how to argue about it. Thus it is their last resort to attempt to look impressive, only making themselves more the fool. Thus why it is perplexing Subtle and leaving you to have no target to "nut up" against.

Explanation of the catch 22:

If you do it ooc, it becomes a board bannable offense if you do not take the latter option.

If you do it ic, it becomes metagaming, poor rp, and potentially CNRP-wipable thus a waste of time.

I'm surprised people don't interpret this as encouraging violent behavior against other players.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a few weeks of inability to get on CN, auto-deletion, and having to wait for my forum name to be changed, I'm back. And now to decide where to set up shop anew. Hm... the best locations seem to be either somewhere in Africa or Siberia, though for the former, I'd probably have to think up a lot of goofy punnish names that sound African enough for the leaders and stuff.

[quote name='Dinoz94' timestamp='1345092601' post='3022347']
Well, after a few weeks of inability to get on CN, auto-deletion, and having to wait for my forum name to be changed, I'm back. And now to decide where to set up shop anew. Hm... the best locations seem to be either somewhere in Africa or Siberia, though for the former, I'd probably have to think up a lot of goofy punnish names that sound African enough for the leaders and stuff.
[/quote]
1. Who were you?
2. You can have the Democratic Republic of Yoitsu if you follow three basic rules.

[quote name='Aiden Ford' timestamp='1345161083' post='3022573']
Clearly Dinos is LBT88
[/quote]
That I am.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1345157416' post='3022553']
1. Who were you?
2. You can have the Democratic Republic of Yoitsu if you follow three basic rules.
[/quote]
Uh... what are they?

[quote name='Dinoz94' timestamp='1345169654' post='3022629']
Uh... what are they?
[/quote]
1. You must keep the country as a communist dictatorship with yourself as Comrade Premier.
2. You must be in a permanent cold war with the Federal Republic of Yoitsu.
3. You must use the word "Proletariat" as much as possible. :awesome:

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1345238919' post='3022872']
1. You must keep the country as a communist dictatorship with yourself as Comrade Premier.
2. You must be in a permanent cold war with the Federal Republic of Yoitsu.
3. You must use the word "Proletariat" as much as possible. :awesome:
[/quote]

Uh... alright, sure.