CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1286794534' post='2481430']
Hell would be like vacation compared to this.
[/quote]
HAHA, that reminds me of the speech in Avatar.

"If there is a hell...you may want to go there for some R&R."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1287167965' post='2485330']
OOC: GM gave permission to auto-advance as it has been six days since the last IC reply by Mykep or KingChris. Questions should be directed at Sargun.
[/quote]

Seeing as there was such a #%$storm last time auto-advance was used I'd like to know the reasoning behind this current use of it. :)

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1287168350' post='2485335']
Seeing as there was such a #%$storm last time auto-advance was used I'd like to know the reasoning behind this current use of it. :)
[/quote]

There are two participants of the USA: Acca Dacca and KingChris. It has been six days in which they have been given numerous queries to continue on. Both participants have been active since their last IC post - indeed, KingChris thinks it suitable to join CNRPT and ignore the current situation. Both participants have been on IRC and active, and both participants have made OOC posts since their last IC post.

That someone is slow to reply is one thing, but that [b]two people[/b] see fit to ignore a war despite activity is quite another. Further:

<Enterprisegun> Whatever immediate conflicts you're in you can accomplish a variety of tasks, most of them minor but proceeding with little problem to your main goal

I instructed SMH clearly that his auto-advance is minor only and to RP appropriate casualties, especially for building-to-building sweeps.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1287168748' post='2485338']
There are two participants of the USA: Acca Dacca and KingChris. It has been six days in which they have been given numerous queries to continue on. Both participants have been active since their last IC post - indeed, KingChris thinks it suitable to join CNRPT and ignore the current situation. Both participants have been on IRC and active, and both participants have made OOC posts since their last IC post.

That someone is slow to reply is one thing, but that [b]two people[/b] see fit to ignore a war despite activity is quite another. Further:

<Enterprisegun> Whatever immediate conflicts you're in you can accomplish a variety of tasks, most of them minor but proceeding with little problem to your main goal

I instructed SMH clearly that his auto-advance is minor only and to RP appropriate casualties, especially for building-to-building sweeps.
[/quote]

Ah, thank you for getting back to me so fast :wub: . Seeing as there is such... complexity to auto-advances, would the GMs mind giving an explanation for the granting of the auto-advances each time it is given? This way, the community will be able to better understand why the a-a is granted on a case-by-case basis and it will (hopefully) prevent disputes over the granting of such advances.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1287169042' post='2485342']
Ah, thank you for getting back to me so fast :wub: . Seeing as there is such... complexity to auto-advances, would the GMs mind giving an explanation for the granting of the auto-advances each time it is given? This way, the community will be able to better understand why the a-a is granted on a case-by-case basis and it will (hopefully) prevent disputes over the granting of such advances.
[/quote]

NEVER

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1287169042' post='2485342']
[/quote]
[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1287170745' post='2485357']
NEVER
[/quote]
Translation: NO PROBLEM! :D

;)

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1287454684' post='2487360']
I have a question about IG CMs: What's the rule on them? I'm not sure what constitutes a MOAB, or the amount of chemical/bioweapon allowed.
[/quote]

MOAB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOAB and similar bombs (FOAB, fuel-air bombs and generally any really, really big bombs).
Chemical, biological, radiological and EM pulse weapons are included too.

You are allowed any combinations of warheads not exceeding 50 (the max IG CMs).

Edited by iKrolm

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1287472134' post='2487556']
MOAB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOAB and similar bombs (FOAB, fuel-air bombs and generally any really, really big bombs).
Chemical, biological, radiological and EM pulse weapons are included too.

You are allowed any combinations of warheads not exceeding 50 (the max IG CMs).
[/quote]

So basically, just bombs with big total yields, correct?

Also, my question was on the size of CBR warheads. If I get it right, there is nothing stopping me from making a five ton "warhead" and using it in a city of mine as a scorched earth tactic. Five tons would be enough to kill off millions of people.

If you can make the rocket big enough to carry a five ton warhead, then do it.
However I believe you might need 1500 tech for that.

FOABS are the largest known conventional bomb on the planet before nuclear weapons, and it has to be dropped from a crate out of the back of a Russian transport aircraft even today.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1287477871' post='2487584']
If you can make the rocket big enough to carry a five ton warhead, then do it.
However I believe you might need 1500 tech for that.[/quote]

I have plenty of tech, thank you.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1287477871' post='2487584']FOABS are the largest known conventional bomb on the planet before nuclear weapons, and it has to be dropped from a crate out of the back of a Russian transport aircraft even today.
[/quote]

I'm focusing on the yield issue because there are various ways to large-yield stuff that can be used on missiles.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1287478706' post='2487589']
It wasnt a slight on your tech count, I was simply saying.
Anyway back to the point yeah, a FOAB is on par with a tactical nuclear weapon.
[/quote]
Apologies on my part.

40 tons of TNT is not anything close to a tactical nuclear weapon, unless you mean the Davy Crockett Weapon System (yield: 10 tons of TNT)

tl;dr of the article is that, although it is only the equivalent of 40 tons of tnt, the thermobaric effect is as destructive as a tactical nuke of reasonable yield. I wouldn't like my chances if i were within a mile of one of those things...

Edited by Silhouette

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1287777765' post='2490754']
OOC: If you don't post by Midnight tonight then I'll be forced to grant another autoadvance.
[/quote]
Per my last request, may we please have an explanation on this particular ruling, especially in regards to how the requests from Mykep about surgery issues and KC about Uni issues were taken into account.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1287788266' post='2490869']
OOC: Come on use common sense, if someone cannot post for 2 weeks they should have the sense to take a LoA, you don't need to baby players.
[/quote]

You can't take a LoA during war - it is not allowed. So, it would not have been possible for the players in question to do that.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1287852600' post='2491318']
They can by mutual consent. Post your situation and generally most people will be adult about it. Just not posting though seems like stalling.
[/quote]
The situation was posted prior to the most recent post. Mykep made the community aware he was going through surgery and needed time. Efforts were made, and while I know that two weeks is a long time, at least the effort was made to make the community aware of RL problems.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1287852998' post='2491325']
The situation was posted prior to the most recent post. Mykep made the community aware he was going through surgery and needed time. Efforts were made, and while I know that two weeks is a long time, at least the effort was made to make the community aware of RL problems.
[/quote]
Since when does the community respect RL issues?