CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Its because of the Denial-of-Access zone that is between the border and the rest of the fortifications. It is a smooth concrete paved area that slopes downward and are covered with burning slippery liquid. Anyone who attempts to march over the sloped area would constantly slide back down down, get fried extra cripsy, and are easy to be to shot at since there are no covers other than vehicles and dead bodies.

Even if the border fortification was leveled, as long as the concrete slope area, storage tanks, and pumps are mostly intact, it would be impossible to march past it without airlifting. The border defenses aren't completed yet, and if they were, JED would be forced to RP much higher casualties.

I also recall RPing a policy where any sufficiently large private or public buildings can be added with defense systems.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HHAYD' date='30 June 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1277921895' post='2355399']
Its because of the Denial-of-Access zone that is between the border and the rest of the fortifications. It is a smooth concrete paved area that slopes downward and are covered with burning slippery liquid. Anyone who attempts to march over the sloped area would constantly slide back down down, get fried extra cripsy, and are easy to be to shot at since there are no covers other than vehicles and dead bodies.

Even if the border fortification was leveled, as long as the concrete slope area, storage tanks, and pumps are mostly intact, it would be impossible to march past it without airlifting. The border defenses aren't completed yet, and if they were, JED would be forced to RP much higher casualties.

I also recall RPing a policy where any sufficiently large private or public buildings can be added with defense systems.
[/quote]

Is this the modern equivalent of medieval moats and stuff? What is the size of these Denial of Access Zones?

[quote name='HHAYD' date='30 June 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1277921895' post='2355399']
[b]Its because of the Denial-of-Access zone that is between the border and the rest of the fortifications.[/b] It is a smooth concrete paved area that slopes downward and are covered with burning slippery liquid. Anyone who attempts to march over the sloped area would constantly slide back down down, get fried extra cripsy, and are easy to be to shot at since there are no covers other than vehicles and dead bodies.

[/quote]
The problem is even that is overdone, in my estimation...you realize just HOW MUCH CONCRETE that would be? Setting concrete takes time, and there's no way you could have finishes even that portion of it in the time you had.

However, that's not the primary issue...it's the fact that your OTHER defenses are supposedly so effecitve at shooting down not only bombs but hypersonic missiles and artillery shells, which are darn near impossible to shoot down.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='30 June 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1277922179' post='2355408']
The problem is even that is overdone, in my estimation...you realize just HOW MUCH CONCRETE that would be? Setting concrete takes time, and there's no way you could have finishes even that portion of it in the time you had.

However, that's not the primary issue...it's the fact that your OTHER defenses are supposedly so effecitve at shooting down not only bombs but [b]hypersonic missiles and artillery shells[/b], which are darn near impossible to shoot down.
[/quote]
I see. I will redo my RP.

I have read of flaming oils being used in medieval warfare in defending sieges, but that seems to be a pretty stupid defense to employ in modern warfare. Any static defense can be defeated, especially a castle and moat structure like this, with ease.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='30 June 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1277930681' post='2355640']
Dropping the burning liquid and replacing it with Mobilty Denial System liquid, which are harder to walk on than ice.
[/quote]
It's still ridiculous to maintain it in the amounts that would be required. Where does it go when it reaches the bottom of the slope in the no-man's land?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Different subject...for reference...answwering [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87634&view=findpost&p=2355438"]this question here[/url].

The Character responsible for the nuking admitted he was from Novak, or at least did not hide it.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='30 June 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1277930935' post='2355654']
It's still ridiculous to maintain it in the amounts that would be required. Where does it go when it reaches the bottom of the slope in the no-man's land?
[/quote]
It drains into the soil and turns the non-paved area a muddy, slippery mess though the MSD might contaminate the ground water (but when was war environmentally friendl?...). About 1 mm thick of it will be used in area where the enemies are attempting to climb up the slopes and instead of being constant, it comes by waves set in a random 1-4 second period to keep the enemies at bay and guessing when to rush.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='30 June 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1277922038' post='2355405']
Oi, whats wrong with going outside and playing football ?!?!
[/quote]

Come now EM, don't be absurd. That involves physical exertion, definitely not something anyone is interested in.

/sarcasm

:v:

[quote name='HHAYD' date='30 June 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1277932701' post='2355713']
It drains into the soil and turns the non-paved area a muddy, slippery mess though the MSD might contaminate the ground water (but when was war environmentally friendl?...). About 1 mm thick of it will be used in area where the enemies are attempting to climb up the slopes and instead of being constant, it comes by waves set in a random 1-4 second period to keep the enemies at bay and guessing when to rush.
[/quote]
Not talking about the environment. You realize just how muchliquid that would require? If it's not even recycled and re-used, then it with the concrete is even worse than missile spam.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='30 June 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1277953769' post='2356154']
Not talking about the environment. You realize just how muchliquid that would require? If it's not even recycled and re-used, then it with the concrete is even worse than missile spam.
[/quote]
The MDS liquid won't be released unless if there are enough shooting enemies on the concrete slope that are climbing up and inflicting damages. The liquid can be stored as powdered form, then mixed with water, and then pumped on moment's notice instead of storing them in liquid form. The slope won't be pure concrete, it will have a hollow center with steel frames to hold it up.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='30 June 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1277954346' post='2356167']
The MDS liquid won't be released unless if there are enough shooting enemies on the concrete slope that are climbing up and inflicting damages. The liquid can be stored as powdered form, then mixed with water, and then pumped on moment's notice instead of storing them in liquid form. The slope won't be pure concrete, it will have a hollow center with steel frames to hold it up.
[/quote]
It still has to be re-manufactured after every fight.

And the concrete's still more vulnerable to blasting than you seem to think.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='30 June 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1277956137' post='2356202']
It still has to be re-manufactured after every fight.

And the concrete's still more vulnerable to blasting than you seem to think.
[/quote]
Same thing with missiles and bullets. Wouldn't one of those low-maintenance flexible concrete fare better in taking damages? I know they have a much higher tolerance of pressure before breaking than the traditional stiff ones.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='01 July 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1277957471' post='2356227']
Same thing with missiles and bullets. Wouldn't one of those low-maintenance flexible concrete fare better in taking damages? I know they have a much higher tolerance of pressure before breaking than the traditional stiff ones.
[/quote]

Or I just begin my invasion by precision artillery strikes to cut a hole in your concrete and foam defenses, and then make my way across through the rubble while napamling the forest on the other side. :)

[quote name='The Flying Scotsman' date='30 June 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1277958430' post='2356251']
Or I just begin my invasion by precision artillery strikes to cut a hole in your concrete and foam defenses, and then make my way across through the rubble while napamling the forest on the other side. :)
[/quote]
Then I will return fire with larger artillery guns, missiles, and railguns (a few completed, most aren't) that have longer range. The flexi concrete can take more punishment without turning into shards of concrete pieces. Did I forget to mention that the flexi concrete are also reinforced with steel rebars?

[quote name='HHAYD' date='01 July 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1277960138' post='2356278']
Then I will return fire with larger artillery guns, missiles, and railguns (a few completed, most aren't) that have longer range. The flexi concrete can take more punishment without turning into shards of concrete pieces. Did I forget to mention that the flexi concrete are also reinforced with steel rebars?
[/quote]

This is stuff you should have stated ICly dude.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='01 July 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1277960460' post='2356284']
This is stuff you should have stated ICly dude.
[/quote]
I stated them as part of the RPing of the construction.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='01 July 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1277961584' post='2356311']
Then link it when you state the stuff. :P
[/quote]
Click on the link in my sig that says, "GLP actions" and go the very bottom of the first page.

[quote name='Lynneth' date='27 June 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1277656989' post='2351953']
The results were in.
"None of the samples are from any nuclear reactor known to us, meaning that no European reactor was involved in the construction of the nuclear warheads.
As it's unknown where exactly the warhead originates from, we propose that an international database for all nuclear reactors in the world be established, including all reactors that are capable of making enriched uranium."
[/quote]

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='01 July 2010 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1277989424' post='2356544']
"From what we know the men on the ship were all willing to give their lives for their cause.. that said they cannot repeat the same attack. As for the nuclear materials, we're having the Germans take a look at it and see if they can get a trace on the residues. We're still waiting to see if they can achieve any results."
[/quote]

Mael, Lynneth already shared the results. Thought you should know. ^_^