CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Terra Di Agea' date='08 June 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1276013617' post='2328895']
Yes, that was ruled on in the past, and remains a rule now. SDIs only effect the owner's nation.
[/quote]
With one exception...the SDI can block ANY missile going over ANY part of your territory--whether or not you are the target.

I think this needs to be looked at then.

It happens IRL, EG the american shield in Eastern Europe.

Perhaps for the nation being "protected" its only a 30% chance of stopping the nuclear device instead of 60%.

Just a suggestion of course.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='08 June 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1276025316' post='2329058']
I think this needs to be looked at then.

It happens IRL, EG the american shield in Eastern Europe.

Perhaps for the nation being "protected" its only a 30% chance of stopping the nuclear device instead of 60%.

Just a suggestion of course.
[/quote]

No.

Get a SDI in game and you can protect your nation.

@Subtle: That makes sense because it is going over your nation. :P

I love the discussion Voodoo puts forward, a simple no.

what does the rest of the community feel?, keep some sense of realism, no matter how small inexchange for lower odds, or outright wait a year maybe more until you have the wonder?

There should at least be a goddamn discussion on it, with other possibilities put forward =/

I think it would be work talking about in cases where one country has vital military assets or other investments in an ally's country as long as they both rped developing the shield.

what I mean by vital assets could include, but are not limited to:
Nuclear missile silos, Navy bases, multiple army or air force bases, weapons manufacturing companies, vital ports, etc.

[quote name='Centurius' date='08 June 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1276013075' post='2328886']
I remember that and believe a GM can confirm it.
[/quote]

Yeah I remember it was ruled my SDI couldn't protect you from Lavo's nukes.

When Sargun launched the first EMP weapon during the Second East African War, SOM declared that his SDI was blanketing the entire region ie: Nukes aimed at me, or Sargun. I think Subtle's statement makes the most sense... as for protecting others not in your immediate vicinity... i'd say no dice. How's that Zoot?

well now theres a semi discussion going.
ok, well immediate vicinity would be the region yes? and for example the NATO group is spread across two continants with three to four distinct regions within the immediate vicinity of eachother.

Europe, the arctic, east coast of america and central america, all you need are four-6 people with SDI's to keep those regions coverged for the immediate vicinity issue.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='08 June 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1276028610' post='2329113']
well now theres a semi discussion going.
ok, well immediate vicinity would be the region yes? and for example the NATO group is spread across two continants with three to four distinct regions within the immediate vicinity of eachother.

Europe, the arctic, east coast of america and central america, all you need are four-6 people with SDI's to keep those regions coverged for the immediate vicinity issue.
[/quote]

When i mean vicinity, i mean like, your direct freaking neighbours.

Only if it goes over their nation. Considering the region, your missiles would have had to go over SOM's land thus allowing him to use his SDI. It was an appropriate move that followed the rules. If, for example, it came from somewhere not over his land then he could not protect your nation with his SDI.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='08 June 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1276029952' post='2329134']
Only if it goes over their nation. Considering the region, your missiles would have had to go over SOM's land thus allowing him to use his SDI. It was an appropriate move that followed the rules. If, for example, it came from somewhere not over his land then he could not protect your nation with his SDI.
[/quote]

Aye, very much this. EM, this is also assuming that, of course (for this example, I'd want to block it. ;)

SDI's protect the space over your land, and yours alone. This has been discussed three different times since I've been here. If a nuke is passing over your land, you can have your SDI attempt to stop it. If it's not flying directly over your borders, then you can't do anything about it. Period.

[quote name='Sargun' date='08 June 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1276036868' post='2329242']
No, just your land.
[/quote]

There was discussion of them covering navies, was a ruling ever made on that?

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='08 June 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1276025788' post='2329066']
I love the discussion Voodoo puts forward, a simple no.

[b]what does the rest of the community feel?[/b], keep some sense of realism, no matter how small inexchange for lower odds, or outright wait a year maybe more until you have the wonder?

There should at least be a goddamn discussion on it, with other possibilities put forward =/
[/quote]

No.