CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a moment to spare (going back to locked status after this post) :).

Either PM me or post your questions here. I would appreciate the second choice so then I don't have to explain more times to other people and instead relate to those posts.

Quick info on my zombies: they are not undead and have realistic factors, they can be killed and hurt like any other human being, and they may only be used with/against other players whom agree with there being zombie in the affected RP's. This is to stop people who do not want to deal with zombies... to not deal with them.

At one point before that, there was a world wide one (Zombie Spores from Space methinks?), but that can be considered retconned.

I have a moment to spare (going back to locked status after this post) :) .

Either PM me or post your questions here. I would appreciate the second choice so then I don't have to explain more times to other people and instead relate to those posts.

Quick info on my zombies: they are not undead and have realistic factors, they can be killed and hurt like any other human being, and they may only be used with/against other players whom agree with there being zombie in the affected RP's. This is to stop people who do not want to deal with zombies... to not deal with them.

At one point before that, there was a world wide one (Zombie Spores from Space methinks?), but that can be considered retconned.

No, it was never ret-conned--no one participated that didn't want to.

--------

On another note, do you people think we have enough pinned threads here? Too many more and the entire first page will be pinned topics... :P

Seriously, though, perhaps we should simply have one thread, linking to all the others...?

Question: Do I need to have the Space Program wonder if I wanted to RP launching and operating unmanned spacecraft (such as space probes, rovers, space telescopes, etc.)?

Yes. if it's anything more than a satellite, you need a Space Program first.

Also, what do people think of my question/suggestion?

On another note, do you people think we have enough pinned threads here? Too many more and the entire first page will be pinned topics... :P

Seriously, though, perhaps we should simply have one thread, linking to all the others...?

I was just thinking the same thing, but then they all seem useful enough to stay there and a single thread linking to them doesn't give the same accessibility pinning them does.

Edited by iKrolm

I was just thinking the same thing, but then they all seem useful enough to stay there and a single thread linking to them doesn't give the same accessibility pinning them does.

Let's look at it this way, then...I doubt the mods are going to pin many more threads, despite their usefulness.

Are there any threads that could be removed, combined with others--or moved to the Fantasy forum, perhaps?

Let's look at it this way, then...I doubt the mods are going to pin many more threads, despite their usefulness.

Are there any threads that could be removed, combined with others--or moved to the Fantasy forum, perhaps?

Combined:

Tech help and OOC could really easily be combined. In all honesty, Character Database should probably just be linked out of the map thread. GMs court should be made into a rules and guidelines thread, because I think that GMs should run the one thing GMs are here to do. Names and Nations Would be useful merged into the map thread so we can actually go "I want this protectorate, who owns it" and have the answer in the same thread, rather than a different one.

Moved: New Player Guide should go in Fantasy RP, because that is the only place it is truly pertinent.

That's my opinion, for what it's worth.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Combined:

Tech help and OOC could really easily be combined. In all honesty, Character Database should probably just be linked out of the map thread. GMs court should be made into a rules and guidelines thread, because I think that GMs should run the one thing GMs are here to do. Names and Nations Would be useful merged into the map thread so we can actually go "I want this protectorate, who owns it" and have the answer in the same thread, rather than a different one.

Moved: New Player Guide should go in Fantasy RP, because that is the only place it is truly pertinent.

That's my opinion, for what it's worth.

Why would the character database be part of the MAP thread?

Not a clue, but the rest of his suggestions have merit. Though I wouldn't actually merge the names and nations thread with the map--rather I'd put two links in the map thread--one to the names and nations, the other to the treaties and blocs thread (because a few protectorates are alliance-controlled, not individually controlled). And then state clearly WHAT the links lead to.

Linked through, not part of. It's more like a factbook than a constant necessary, oft updated thread, and hence, probably doesn't need to be pinned, but rather, kept note of through the map thread.

In my opinion, which doesn't really even matter because I'm only one raving lunatic out of hundreds :awesome:

Yea, it would be easy to link to the major CNRP threads from the map thread (really, that is the necessary CNRP bee hive other than the IC threads), rather than all these pinned threads. They would still be accessible, but allow more room for other threads. I.E. My "Pile O' Links" can link people to my RP's easily (other than old ones; although I do need to update it), with all of the links easily accessible and clearly labeled.

Because I don't think we need almost a dozen pinned threads. D:

Linked through, not part of. It's more like a factbook than a constant necessary, oft updated thread, and hence, probably doesn't need to be pinned, but rather, kept note of through the map thread.

In my opinion, which doesn't really even matter because I'm only one raving lunatic out of hundreds :awesome:

Hah hah, raving lunatics...yep, that's what we all are. :P

In any case, you have a good point.

Yea, it would be easy to link to the major CNRP threads from the map thread (really, that is the necessary CNRP bee hive other than the IC threads), rather than all these pinned threads. They would still be accessible, but allow more room for other threads. I.E. My "Pile O' Links" can link people to my RP's easily (other than old ones; although I do need to update it), with all of the links easily accessible and clearly labeled.

Because I don't think we need almost a dozen pinned threads. D:

So which threads, in your opinion, would be good to have links to in the map thread?

The tech help? GM's court? the new player's guide?

Today's topic.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=74599

This shenanigans.

If you're going to develop massive biophysical improvement of a soldier.

one: make sure you are not listed as the worst tech level.

Two: Do some development of your super powerful superman maker drugs/projects

Three: They will still die just as easy as regular soldiers under the current guidelines. :v:

But all the supersoldiers in CNRP are only used against others with their permission anyway...people like Xenu, Hank, and Hannah hacve only been used when the other RP'er agreed to it.

No argument on any of the other points.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder