CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the invasion of Lübeck was fully underway, and the Lübeckian defenses were incapacitated as best that the Air Force, Navy, and Special Forces could do, the Army would begin its formal invasion of Lübeck, by means of the land border with Lübeck. These were highly trained soldiers, the best in the regular Army, and well-above conscripts and enlisted soldiers. 15,000 participated in the initial invasion, with another 80,000 waiting behind to invade where needed, or to be dropped into hot zones by the Air Force.

Meanwhile, the Dutch Army of 750,000 soldiers and 7,500 armored units mobilized. 400,000 and 4,000 armored units prepared to move into Lübeck as soon as possible. The land border was relatively small, and the Germans, they knew, did not want to start a war and thus would not allow Dutch Army men to pass through German lands. Moving this massive number of enlisted men into Lübeck would take a rather long time, and thus it was planned that they would be strategically placed into points where they were needed the most. Whether by Airborne assaults or by direct land transport into Lübeck, they would arrive by 0600 on Day 2 of the invasion.

Mergerberger has

Total Population: 104,619 Supporters

Number of Soldiers: 20,000 (115,474)

Ingame. This turns into 84,619 civilians.

Times 0.8 is: 67,695.2

Merger is fielding more soldiers than he actually can. I ask him to reduce the number of men he's actually sending into Lubeck to the appropriate number.

676,952 soldiers is the maximum he can field.

Also, tech-efficiency of both belligerents:

Mergerberger has a TE of 1.726, so each of his soldiers can kill that many of a nation that has more than 500 but below 1500 tech. Those have a TE of 1 by default.

Franz has a TE of 1.158. He is capable of fielding a maximum of 591,096 soldiers. Merger's forces are thus, seen from a mathematical point of view, superior.

Proper RP may yet repel the Netherlands.

That is, if I don't get troops into the fight. As third belligerent - defending on the side of Franz/Lübeck, I can field precisely 1,528,768 soldiers. My tech efficiency 2.271. My forces are thus capable of repelling 3.47 million soldiers working under a TE of 1, from a mathematical point.

Shortly: I don't think Merger thought this all through.

Lynneth, you have no clue how much Merger prepared for this. :P

Quite possibly.

I also know that it is highly likely that Merger will attempt to bring the EU into this to neutralize my threat. However!

The EU is a MDP. Mutual defense pact. It only activates when a member has been declared on by an aggressor. I, however, am no aggressor, as I am defending Lubeck, which has been attacked by the Netherlands, which in turn activates my mutual defense pact with Franz.

In short, if the EU intervenes, I'll have all propaganda I've ever needed to make the EU quite disliked in the world, potentially prompting other nations to intervene on my behalf. Such as my own MDP partners.

If Merger did indeed account for all this and all its possibilities, then I say:

Well played, Sir.

Edit: However, your phrase can also be interpreted as "He didn't prepare at all". So I indeed have no idea how much time he spent preparing this. An hour? Ten? Some days, or more?

Regardless, unless he is executing a Xanathos-scale plan, not too many things will go as he wants them to.

Edited by Lynneth

Quite possibly.

I also know that it is highly likely that Merger will attempt to bring the EU into this to neutralize my threat. However!

The EU is a MDP. Mutual defense pact. It only activates when a member has been declared on by an aggressor. I, however, am no aggressor, as I am defending Lubeck, which has been attacked by the Netherlands, which in turn activates my mutual defense pact with Franz.

In short, if the EU intervenes, I'll have all propaganda I've ever needed to make the EU quite disliked in the world, potentially prompting other nations to intervene on my behalf. Such as my own MDP partners.

If Merger did indeed account for all this and all its possibilities, then I say:

Well played, Sir.

Edit: However, your phrase can also be interpreted as "He didn't prepare at all". So I indeed have no idea how much time he spent preparing this. An hour? Ten? Some days, or more?

Regardless, unless he is executing a Xanathos-scale plan, not too many things will go as he wants them to.

In relation to your bolded part. We all know how easy it is for players to "ignore" propaganda but the best of luck to you.

In relation to your bolded part. We all know how easy it is for players to "ignore" propaganda but the best of luck to you.

I am quite aware of that.

There are, however, still those who would be sympathetic to the HRE, and this 'Propaganda' of painting the EU as supporters of aggressive, imperialist nations can bring them in. This would disrupt quite a few plans, I imagine.

Mergerberger has

Total Population: 104,619 Supporters

Number of Soldiers: 20,000 (115,474)

Ingame. This turns into 84,619 civilians.

Times 0.8 is: 67,695.2

Merger is fielding more soldiers than he actually can. I ask him to reduce the number of men he's actually sending into Lubeck to the appropriate number.

676,952 soldiers is the maximum he can field.

Also, tech-efficiency of both belligerents:

Mergerberger has a TE of 1.726, so each of his soldiers can kill that many of a nation that has more than 500 but below 1500 tech. Those have a TE of 1 by default.

Franz has a TE of 1.158. He is capable of fielding a maximum of 591,096 soldiers. Merger's forces are thus, seen from a mathematical point of view, superior.

Proper RP may yet repel the Netherlands.

That is, if I don't get troops into the fight. As third belligerent - defending on the side of Franz/Lübeck, I can field precisely 1,528,768 soldiers. My tech efficiency 2.271. My forces are thus capable of repelling 3.47 million soldiers working under a TE of 1, from a mathematical point.

Shortly: I don't think Merger thought this all through.

Would you like me to delete my guerilla camps so as to make my soldier number as it usually is?

Lol Lynneth you sound like the 'inconceivable guy' from the Princess Bride. :P

Uhh, thanks. Though I fear I never watched that movie.

Would you like me to delete my guerilla camps so as to make my soldier number as it usually is?

Guerilla camps don't factor into soldier calculation in any way.

To get your max soldiers, you take your civilians times 0.8. That's how it works in CN with maximum soldiers, and that's how it works in CNRP. Your TE is calculated using only technology, a WRC if you have one and a basis of 1 if you have more than 1500 tech.

So, no, you don't have to delete the camps. They're useless in CNRP aside from potentially giving you access to rebel militias in the case you get conquered.

Edit: Also, I'm off. See you in roughly 7 to 8 hours.

Edited by Lynneth

To get your max soldiers, you take your civilians times 0.8. That's how it works in CN with maximum soldiers, and that's how it works in CNRP. Your TE is calculated using only technology, a WRC if you have one and a basis of 1 if you have more than 1500 tech.

So, no, you don't have to delete the camps. They're useless in CNRP aside from potentially giving you access to rebel militias in the case you get conquered.

I was under the impression it was max IG troops times ten.

Uhh, thanks. Though I fear I never watched that movie.

I meant that deleting them gives me more citizenry. Plus some other things. I have always RP'd with 750,000 soldiers and 7500 tanks.

Oh, Lynneth...

"Oh no! He can put out 70,000 more guys! HAX!"

Seriously man, will 70,000 more guys do anything? Its just a statistic that will change nothing in the actual roleplay and actual events; he isn't going to take over the world with 70,000 more troops. He isn't going to abuse the fact that he has 70,000 more guys, so just leave him be mate.

I was under the impression it was max IG troops times ten.

I was only explaining the base number from which you go to mutiply times ten.

I meant that deleting them gives me more citizenry. Plus some other things. I have always RP'd with 750,000 soldiers and 7500 tanks.

I don't believe the camps won't give you so many that you go back to 750,000 soldiers. Unless you can show me, etc. Sure, you can claim additional conscripts due to war, but you started with those 677k that I pointed out.

Oh, Lynneth...

"Oh no! He can put out 70,000 more guys! HAX!"

Seriously man, will 70,000 more guys do anything? Its just a statistic that will change nothing in the actual roleplay and actual events; he isn't going to take over the world with 70,000 more troops. He isn't going to abuse the fact that he has 70,000 more guys, so just leave him be mate.

70,000 can do a LOT.

Especially if both sides are roughly equal in power, like Merger and Franz. And by merely using those 70,000, he already is abusing them. Because he can't have that many ingame (unless maybe the GCs are decommed.)

I was only explaining the base number from which you go to mutiply times ten.

I don't believe the camps won't give you so many that you go back to 750,000 soldiers. Unless you can show me, etc. Sure, you can claim additional conscripts due to war, but you started with those 677k that I pointed out.

70,000 can do a LOT.

Especially if both sides are roughly equal in power, like Merger and Franz. And by merely using those 70,000, he already is abusing them. Because he can't have that many ingame (unless maybe the GCs are decommed.)

The average number of the Iraq army before both wars was the third biggest in the RL world, with two million at any moment,