CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight... The King of England comes to Ireland asking for 12 billion dollars to "rebuild" English infrastructure while Ireland is suffering food and fuel problems yet England has the capability of gathering and launching around 200 or 300 satellites within it's first week of existence? I've had Ireland for a good while and I have one satellite >_>

Didn't mean for this to turn into a wolf pack on Zoot hour :unsure:

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1345947585' post='3025292']
Christ, I said earlier in this page, that they will be launched over time. Not in one mass launch. $%&@, I aint even sorted half of my stuff out yet.
[/quote]

I think the large cloud of smoke on the satellites after a mass launch would be rather cool XD

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1345946306' post='3025287']
Kankou, i just said I have been doing it with my last two nations, so yes it has been done before.
[/quote]
Nobody ever told me you'd launched that many. If I'd known, I'd have !@#$%*ed about those, too.

I think it's long been thought satellite improvements gave access to sats in space for military RP, as for the Space Program wonder... that I believed guided in the direction of having bigger than objects than sats in RP.

Edited by Tanis777

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1345965838' post='3025333']
I think it's long been thought satellite improvements gave access to sats in space for military RP, as for the Space Program wonder... that I believed guided in the direction of having bigger than objects than sats in RP.
[/quote]
This is what I've been going on. nothing's needed for civ sats, IG sats are needed for military-grade hardware in space and the space program allows you to get a spacestation or two, land a moon-mission, basically what NASA's done to date.

Alright, so I've seen at least two postings today of "private thoughts" without further RPing. Can we please not slide back into that? It adds nothing to the RP and only clutters the thread. Man up and make a real statement that all other nations can respond to or don't bother posting at all.

Not being one of the people that has done it, I don't find a problem with it. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Maybe they don't want to have a totally national RP, which is by no means a rule of the game. They may just want to communicate their characters feelings on the matters. They don't have to make a national post, in fact most nations don't make national statements about everything they want to communicate. So get over it, you can invade them for sneezing if you want.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1346189338' post='3026051']
Not being one of the people that has done it, I don't find a problem with it. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Maybe they don't want to have a totally national RP, which is by no means a rule of the game. They may just want to communicate their characters feelings on the matters. They don't have to make a national post, in fact most nations don't make national statements about everything they want to communicate. So get over it, you can invade them for sneezing if you want.
[/quote]

One liner private musings serve no purpose and provide a cope out, similar to the blogger/citizen/random report that was rampant a few years ago/few months ago. If they want to have private musings, at least put an effort in to it in your own news/action thread.

Oh, Isaac...

1. You can't just [i]not[/i] read something while going through the course of a thread. By the time you realize what is posted, you have already read the sentence. Homo sapiens do not posses the magical gifts of knowing when to skip a post because of it's content and when not to. I blame it on the lack of fairy dust in our veins.

2. It's not about invading anyone (although your permission to invade people for sneezing is noted), but rather community interaction, and quite frankly, some standards of RPing that the community should be upholding. We got together over a year ago and banded together to decry private RP statements like 'Late Night Commentators' and this is no different. Private thoughts are nothing more than for people to express their opinions without taking any risk - and that is a terrible thing for a community which is built around interacting with others. If you want to be warm and snugly at night with your pixels, without fear of the monsters lurking in your closet, then go into Botha mode. Otherwise, start interacting with the community when threads are such that they're open to world opinions.

Edited by Yawoo

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1346190075' post='3026068']
Oh, Isaac...

1. You can't just [i]not[/i] read something while going through the course of a thread. By the time you realize what is posted, you have already read the sentence. Homo sapiens do not posses the magical gifts of knowing when to skip a post because of it's content and when not to. I blame it on the lack of fairy dust in our veins.

2. It's not about invading anyone (although your permission to invade people for sneezing is noted), but rather community interaction, and quite frankly, some standards of RPing that the community should be upholding. We got together over a year ago and banded together to decry private RP statements like 'Late Night Commentators' and this is no different. Private thoughts are nothing more than for people to express their opinions without taking any risk - and that is a terrible thing for a community which is built around interacting with others. If you want to be warm and snugly at night with your pixels, without fear of the monsters lurking in your closet, then go into Botha mode. Otherwise, start interacting with the community when threads are such that they're open to world opinions.
[/quote]

I agree one liners are stupid as hell Voodoo, just to note that.

Yawoo, you can call us Humans, that is considered an ok description. Also, you can read the first line such as "In the presidents office late at night" or "On the presidents hospital bed" and not read the rest, hopefully it doesn't take to much of your brain power.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1346190394' post='3026070']
I agree one liners are stupid as hell Voodoo, just to note that.

Yawoo, you can call us Humans, that is considered an ok description. Also, you can read the first line such as "In the presidents office late at night" or "On the presidents hospital bed" and not read the rest, hopefully it doesn't take to much of your brain power.
[/quote]

My apologies, Isaac, for enjoying the flexibility languages give us to refer to various creatures. Should I dumb down my posts in the future, or can I continue to assume CNRPers enjoy at least a sixth grade level of education? What you wish for me to do is to read a part of a post, using your example, "In the presidents office late at night" and assume that everything below that one line is private? That is silly, a whole war declaration could be included below without my knowledge. Fact of the matter is, the posts have to be read to ensure that the content is not something that needs responding to.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1346190075' post='3026068']Private thoughts are nothing more than for people to express their opinions without taking any risk - and that is a terrible thing for a community which is built around interacting with others.
[/quote]

This. A thousand times, this. It's one of the single most useless and annoying nuisances in all of CNRP, people who employ methods to allow themselves to make snide, dickish comments with impunity from repercussions.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1346190643' post='3026072']
My apologies, Isaac, for enjoying the flexibility languages give us to refer to various creatures. Should I dumb down my posts in the future, or can I continue to assume CNRPers enjoy at least a sixth grade level of education? What you wish for me to do is to read a part of a post, using your example, "In the presidents office late at night" and assume that everything below that one line is private? That is silly, a whole war declaration could be included below without my knowledge. Fact of the matter is, the posts have to be read to ensure that the content is not something that needs responding to.
[/quote]

Oh stop being pretentious, you don't go around calling Humans by our scientific name every day. If it was a declaration of war it would require pre-planning. If it was a friend, you would figure out anyways. Unless you are telling me that you read every single post ever posted in CNRP for fear of it being a declaration of war.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1346191496' post='3026077']
Oh stop being pretentious, you don't go around calling Humans by our scientific name every day. If it was a declaration of war it would require pre-planning. If it was a friend, you would figure out anyways. Unless you are telling me that you read every single post ever posted in CNRP for fear of it being a declaration of war.
[/quote]

If I'm not being pretentious the leprechaun would tell me to burn things again. A declaration of war does not have to be against me, my friends, or even my enemies for me to want to respond to it. If I am in the process of reading a thread then I'm most likely going to read every post in it to ensure I have the full picture of the story line - skipping one post threatens to disrupt the complete image of what's going on.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1346191496' post='3026077']
Oh stop being pretentious, you don't go around calling Humans by our scientific name every day. If it was a declaration of war it would require pre-planning. If it was a friend, you would figure out anyways. Unless you are telling me that [b]you read every single post [/b]ever posted in CNRP for fear of it being a declaration of war.
[/quote]I used to do that, lol