CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1296691604' post='2616708']
Wow just wow. Thank you for the many and quick responses. I don't want to upset anyone so I think I will have the HQ in Sri Lanka due to its capitalist ideals, whilst also maintaining a philippine and URSR branch if that is okay with you all?
[/quote]

Yeah, that's fine.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1296688953' post='2616662']
Why is it fair that such large areas of land as Northern Africa and Japan have to sit around waiting for their owners to make an appearance? Honestly, Japan needs to be made a protectorate. And if someone decides they want some or all of it they should be allowed to take it. You can keep old players from expanding there, but you shouldn't keep new players/rerollers confined to the few places we have left (ie. Landlocked areas of Asia, Antarctica, Africa and some of North America. Europe seems to always be occupied.)

Antarctica is the worst RPing zone there is. Sitting down south all your cnrp days while other nations ignore you can't be fun. Sure, Africa is a great RPing zone, but why must we be limited to Africa? Land gobblers need to settle down and give away some of their land. It seems all CNRP is about is who has the most map pixels.

Wait, was Nikano the one who started the huge arguement with the mods?
[/quote]

Japan is a protectorate. Its just unlikely Lavo would give it to someone other than Elricht, although Elricht got a bit pissy over not getting his complete way, I am not sure if he's coming back.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1296668543' post='2616322']
...wait, so he can serve in the air force but can't handle losing some pixels? [/quote]
Remember, this is the chair force. Doesn't take too much of an iron will to fly at 30,000 feet with the only danger being that your foot will fall asleep.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1296696086' post='2616791']
Sorry I missed that :(. Maybe once your nation's administration changes I can set up a new branch. Which would be cool.
[/quote]
Actually that's what I was trying to hint at XD With the administration's determination to a) increase involvement and remove influence of the military and b) increase foreign trade and business, the Republic is more open to permitting branches of non-Xinyan companies to operate in the Republic.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1296697221' post='2616814']
Remember, this is the chair force. Doesn't take too much of an iron will to fly at 30,000 feet with the only danger being that your foot will fall asleep.
[/quote]
Hrm, guess it also matters what part of the air force. Fighters still pull some G's.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1296668543' post='2616322']
...wait, so he can serve in the air force but can't handle losing some pixels?

Do we have any method for verifying what somebody says? What's to stop me from pretending to be depressed and claim that CNRP is my last refuge and thus nothing bad can happen to my pixels? I know nobody likes to doubt friends or think the worst of people, but it's fully possible and I find it odd that somebody can serve in the air force and yet freaks out when they lose land in an online game. Maybe I'm just a heartless cynic, I admit I'm ignorant of the details of the situation. I'm just saying that it isn't uncommon for people to lie and such online. Anyone else remember when Nikanor* faked his death?

*I may be misspelling his name. He was in NoR and made claims to being in the US Airforce.
[/quote]

You spelt it correctly. But that kid wasn't in the Air Force. He was like 16 when I let him nation sit for me. It's incredible the amount of lies and !@#$%^&* I've had to counter upon returning. I just got back a few months ago, and received many PM's asking who I was. I'll say the same thing here I said in those PM's and in the other thread in the Watercooler. I left in mid 2006 when I was deployed to Iraq (I was a Naval Aviator so maybe he thought I was in the Air Force? I don't know) and let my neighbor's son watch after my account while I was gone. There were a few people in the Volksleitung that knew what happened, but why they apparently didn't say anything is beyond me. That kid was supposed to NOT post anything and merely collect taxes and follow orders from the VL High Council. Sorry for all of the heartache he caused everyone, that was not at all supposed to happen.

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1296954130' post='2621160']
You spelt it correctly. But that kid wasn't in the Air Force. He was like 16 when I let him nation sit for me. It's incredible the amount of lies and !@#$%^&* I've had to counter upon returning. I just got back a few months ago, and received many PM's asking who I was. I'll say the same thing here I said in those PM's and in the other thread in the Watercooler. I left in mid 2006 when I was deployed to Iraq (I was a Naval Aviator so maybe he thought I was in the Air Force? I don't know) and let my neighbor's son watch after my account while I was gone. There were a few people in the Volksleitung that knew what happened, but why they apparently didn't say anything is beyond me. That kid was supposed to NOT post anything and merely collect taxes and follow orders from the VL High Council. Sorry for all of the heartache he caused everyone, that was not at all supposed to happen.
[/quote]
Ah, well, that old story is cleared up. :P

Another Mystery solved by...idk, can we blame this one on a talking dog?

I'm just gonna go out and say that I haven't read a single word of Zoot's RP, but by having Inquisitors with unlimited power in a theocratic nation (you admit this is public knowledge) the first thing that came to my mind was the same thing that people think of when they hear of INQUISITORS with POWER in a THEOCRACY:

the Spanish Inquisition

Regardless of whether or not you're doing something on that scale, to claim nobody could make a simple logic connection between a pivotal point in history and your use of the same word terminology is extremely pathetic

Well, seeing as I've received some new lands (in the RL states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, and Nebraska), but instead of typical white lands/protectorates, I want to try something new. What I plan to do is essentially establish a [b]puppet state[/b], where it will do the URSR's bidding at its every beck and call, similiar to the Warsaw Pact bloc and the USSR. Anyone interested in becoming my puppet state can contact me via PM or irc, where I will spell out requirements and conditions. The hypothetical puppet state would have some form of independence when it comes to certain affairs (such as foreign policy).

I think it would be a break from the typical 'DoEing in protectorate area', and all that crap. It would also be an experiment, so to say. :)

So, once again, anyone interested can PM me or contact me on irc. Either way works.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1297229424' post='2626669']
I'd rather go swimming in a pool of spiders, rattlesnakes, and dead babies than be your puppet, JED. :v:
[/quote]
But that sounds [i]really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really[/i] fun.

The former, anyway.

Tri - I need another day to get the rest of my plan into place but then you'll see the invasion begin.

EM - I've read through your RP but will need a few days to formulate a well thought out response - expect a reply probably Saturday at the latest.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1297287107' post='2627226']
EM - I've read through your RP but will need a few days to formulate a well thought out response - expect a reply probably Saturday at the latest.
[/quote]

Cool. Just for clarification, my subs have every intention to comply with your surrender, however there is trouble coming your way whether my girls want it or not.

Free gun for use in CNRP (And only CNRP please):

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh108/BaronUberstein/CottonmouthPDW.png

Cottonmouth Personal Defense Weapon:
Caliber: 10mm
Action: Direct Blowback
Action: Automatic only
Safety: 1911-style Grip Safety

Designed as a hard-hitting weapon that would require nothing but a firm grip to bring into action. No fiddling with fire selection switches and such. Probably better for less tech-advanced nations. Shown w/ 13 round magazine.

Edited by BaronUberstein