Good ratio

Chuckie

I don't think that there is any real tech:infra magic ratio. I can tell you, however, if you take your NS value, and divide it by 20, you will get the minimum amount of tech you should have for maximum infra bill reduction. IE, if you have 30k NS, then to have the maximum 10% infra bill reduction you should have at least 1500 tech.

• 2 weeks later...

Tech to infra ratio? hm...

At your NS, you are going to need at least a 1 to 2 ratio, or enough tech to hit the full 10% infra upkeep reduction.

I think Grämlins are shooting for a 1:1 tech-to-infra ratio. That looks friggin' sweet.

Whoa, that much tech? Geez, I bet they are going to be targeted first when that alliance get into a war, because the attackers are going to want the tech.

Edited by HHAYD

Whoa, that much tech? Geez, I bet they are going to be targeted first when that alliance get into a war, because the attackers are going to want the tech.

That's not quite how it works, though. Large amounts of tech mean large amounts of damage dealt, too, particularly in alliances with a lot of nukes and WRCs.

lol. We're talking nations with 13,150.28 tech and 14,800.00 infrastructure. Or 16,074.12 tech and 16,500.00 infrastructure. Or 14,321.06 tech and 18,000.00 infrastructure. Not many nations can even hit them let alone think they can waltz right in and take their tech. Though I'm sure they wouldn't mind seeing someone try.

That's not quite how it works, though. Large amounts of tech mean large amounts of damage dealt, too, particularly in alliances with a lot of nukes and WRCs.

Well, that will throw those tech heavy nations against the infra heavy nations. Tech heavy nations can dish out more damages, but infra heavy nations can take more punishments before being crushed, repair and restock the military easier, and wear down the tech heavy enemies.

Well, that will throw those tech heavy nations against the infra heavy nations. Tech heavy nations can dish out more damages, but infra heavy nations can take more punishments before being crushed, repair and restock the military easier, and wear down the tech heavy enemies.

That is how the game works at your infra/tech level. It isn't how the game works at the Gremlins infra/tech level. Or even mine, really. ;)

A nation with 2000 tech and 500 infra (and no warchest, nukes, or wonders) would lose badly to a nation with 2000 infra and 500 tech.

A nation with 20000 infra and 5000 tech (assuming equal wonders, nukes, warchest, etc.) would lose HORRIBLY to a nation with 5000 infra and 20000 tech (assuming equal wonders, nukes, warchest, etc.)

At the Grämlins range, we're talking war chests with a lot of zeros in it so money isn't really the factor it is in the lower ranks. Besides as I posted earlier, the size nations we're talking about here are not too shabby in the infrastructure department either. The guy at 14,321.06 tech and 18,000.00 infrastructure is number 16 in the game for infrastructure and number 5 in the game in tech.

just come and try that theory :)

This whole exchange reminds me of the saying."A beautiful hypothesis slain by an ugly fact." :P I wouldn't want to be the one to have to test it, no sir! :lol:

Well, I think most of those in a position to be able to test it realize the futility in doing so. In a 3 on 1 you might be able to take down a Grämlin, but two things a certain. You're going to know you've been a fight and you're definitely not going to profit from the war.

At my NS level? Sure, but you have to find me a target. :P

Anyways, I didn't think that fact would be incorrect at higher NS.

More Infra = more Soldier/Tanks, more likely you will win your GA, that´s correct. BUT having 5000tech and a WRC means twice more damage, so every sucessfull Nuke, GA, CM and Air does twice the damage and that is what hurts.

For example

A Nation with 5000tech and WRC does 300Infra damage instead of 150Infra with one Nuke. Same applies to every won GA and Air battle, 40Infra each instead of 20Infra. Count that together for a full set of won attacks and the maximum Infra damage dished out is

Nuke 300

GA 80

Air 80

CM 40

Sums up to 500Infra per day.... fast way down to zero Infra.

Every 5k tech the damage doubles up, so nations with 15k tech = quad base damage. Means 1000Infra per day. GG :)

Note: NO navy count in, you can do the math yourself if those Nations have navy support on you.

Edited by Steelrat