General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

...And thats why you make a poll!

Oh, and I sorta 5th it.

I mean, to be honest, he took it abit far. I support tech sharing, but not to that extent. Eg: I have several thousand of a slight-older version of Nordland's super-soilder things. But when I RP a war, I will still play by my stats; they will simply just kill more troops & hold out longer, but still the enemy will win (sometimes/most of the time) if their tech is higher; if it isn't that much higher (tech lvl +20-30 or so), though, then those armored soilders will win.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, why has nobody supported my suggestion?

Which is why that I have proposed you can only buy or share tech up to a level equal to YourTech + 0.25 * (HighestSharingNation - Your Tech)

It makes it more realistic.

So, your tech is, IG + Sharing (25% of difference between you and highest tech nation you are sharing with) + some kind of been here ages RP bonus.

A counter:

Battleship: There's nothing special about it, I just took out 3 main guns and placed VLSs.

Sub: Okay, you got me there.

Missiles: All are based on 1996 tech.

Coilguns: I've got an automatic factory. I can't mass produce the guns, yet.

Also, using only IG stats such. By that definition, US should have won the Vietnam War. See the unreality?

Sumeragi. The US did win it. Pure numbers, US 58,000 dead vs north Vietnams 1,100,000 plus. They pulled out due to a lack of popular support for the war. They won where tech is concerned.

Now to get back on track, should we add my suggestion on tech sharing?

Edited by LeVentNoir

Sumeragi. The US did win it. Pure numbers, US 58,000 dead vs north Vietnams 1,100,000 plus. They pulled out due to a lack of popular support for the war. They won where tech is concerned.

Now to get back on track, should we add my suggestion on tech sharing?

I'd support LVN's tech sharing 'rule.'

And I'm sorry for that Sumeragi. You were just the foremost example on my mind.

I agree with LVN's tech sharing idea as it sounds very reasonable to me. I in genreal don't like tech sharing becuase of the below reason:

Whilst tech sharing is possible almost everyone seems to have missed the fact that those people in the lower tech nations will need training to handle the new tech, won't be able to mass produce the technology anytime soon, will require constant parts for the sharer and it generally takes a lot of time to do this.

A good quote I think id from the book im reading where a lower tech star nation has aquired information and tech from their enemies however, as the general says:

"For all intents and purposes, we've got to build the tools to build the tools, to build the tools we need to reproduce the Manticoran technology"

So as that shows you might have the technology but you won't really be able to repair/reporduce the technology.

So even if we RP stealing submarines, even if we RP getting help from other nations, it doesn't matter? If that's so, i'm gone, because if I wanted to play plain CN I would log in more. I came here for CNRP.
This.

No, that's not what we're saying. But even with the help, you're NOT gonna automatically be as strong as the person helping you. It just doesn't work that way. Though obviously you'll be stronger than those who would normally be your equal in tech.

Do I have to RP my nations tanks and aircraft exactly as I have them in game? Or if I possess the sufficient tech, can I build a small amount IRP?

Tanks have no modifier. Airplanes usually are squadrons. Most people use 12 planes per squadron, although I use 18 per squadron. Up to 24 are possible, as per wikipedia's definition of an airplane squadron.

Tanks have no modifier. Airplanes usually are squadrons. Most people use 12 planes per squadron, although I use 18 per squadron. Up to 24 are possible, as per wikipedia's definition of an airplane squadron.

Actually, each plane representing a squadron is for those who are at or near modern tech.

Well that sucks. If I wanted to have a decent airforce, I would have to pay ridiculous upkeep...:(

What's your IG tech level?

And no, the Air Force is a very minor expense compared to everything else. Especially navies...and infra, once you get a decent amount of that, too.