General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

No, it's just Jed and me messing around, like we seem to do every four or five threads...

Yup, we liek to mess around. Lots of fun. :awesome:

-puts on glasses-

Now, tell me about your mother.

*Is lying on a couch* Well, you see...she's nice. Helped me out with lots of things, including my obsession admiration of Jessica Alba. So...

:P

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm half-ready to disregard tech when it comes to industry....

Go for it. I'll just disregard tech when it comes to war, and apply a modifier to my forces in proportion to the IG ones. Meaning, if you try to take me on with <2k tech, you have no chance.

Edited by LeVentNoir

A high tech without high infrastructure is as useless as a high infra and low tech. If you all you can produce is pointy sticks, but you can produce 100,000 of them, you're still only making pointy sticks. On the other hand if you can produce laserguns, but can only produce one of them, that one man is going to overwelmed by pointy sticks.

A high tech without high infrastructure is as useless as a high infra and low tech. If you all you can produce is pointy sticks, but you can produce 100,000 of them, you're still only making pointy sticks. On the other hand if you can produce laserguns, but can only produce one of them, that one man is going to overwelmed by pointy sticks.

Gotta love that analogy! :awesome: Nive one, Revan

I have an issue I'd like to talk about: Tech Sharing.

I know it can happen in real life, but I implore everyone to just hear me out.

Honestly, it breaks all the other rules. Basically, whoever has the strongest friends can just boost up to their tech. We might as well allow alliances to be real, because it has the same effect. Not only canpower blocs be formed, but a nation with 3000 tech can just give it all to some 400 tech guy. It makes RP uninteresting when everyone magically has rail guns and super-spy capabilities, just because some big guy gives it to a little guy.

Second of all, RP is first and foremost a game. There needs to be a balance. This just shatters every play to your stats rule. It is also giving new RPers the shaft, as they aren't as well established yet, and then someone they should be able to beat in a battle stomps them because of tech sharing.

I'm sorry this is so scatter-brained. I'm not asking for it to be reciprocating, but I would vote in favor of future tech sharing.

Personally, I don't think tech sharing means everyone is equal to the top-most nation in a sharing group. And most of the RP-ers agree with me. Yes, nations do give away or sell their stuff in RL, but it's always older stuff, stuff that's outdated.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Personally, I don't think tech sharing means everyone is equal to the top-most nation in a sharing group. And most of the RP-ers agree with me. Yes, nations do give away or sell their stuff in RL, but it's always older stuff, stuff that's outdated.

I'm sorry if this sounds really confrontational, it's not meant to be.

Sure, that's one thing, but tech sharing in RP has become something entirely different. A lot of it has become equal tech now. Maybe not on all fronts, but militarily, it basically has become that ridiculous. I'm sorry to point KT out again, but Sumeragi was the last one to do this.

A nation that should be only a little more advanced than mine has the ability to make a super-battleship, a godlike sub, ridiculously advanced missiles for the sub, coilguns, magic bullets (can't remember the specifics), and now has top-par spy capabilities because they are tied to Nordland.

I sold guns, but they were very low tech, and chances are that if a nation bought production rights, they could make them. Some of this stuff, like coilguns, should just be off limits. Play to your stats should be stressed much more. No subs in game, no subs in RP. Low tech in game, low tech in RP.

EDIT-typos

Edited by Cody Seb

Sure, that's one thing, but tech sharing in RP has become something entirely different. A lot of it has become equal tech now. Maybe not on all fronts, but militarily, it basically has become that ridiculous. I'm sorry to point KT out again, but Sumeragi was the last one to do this.

A nation that should be only a little more advanced than mine has the ability to make a super-battleship, a godlike sub, ridiculously advanced missiles for the sub, coilguns, magic bullets (can't remember the specifics), and now has top-par spy capabilities because they are tied to Nordland.

I sold guns, but they were very low tech, and chances are that if a nation bought production rights, they could make them. Some of this stuff, like coilguns, should just be off limits. Play to your stats should be stressed much more. No subs in game, no subs in RP. Low tech in game, low tech in RP.

EDIT-typos

And I agree with every point you make.

EDIT-typos

I totally agree with all points.

EDIT-typos

You have a very good point there, Cody. :D

And I agree with every point you make.
I totally agree with all points.
As do I.

I fourth this. :awesome: