General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found some nice tips on the Alternate History forum, and though to C&P them here. However, I have edited them to reflect CNRP

1.) Take your claim, and cut it down by a third. Yes everyone wants a nice big nation, but start out small cause you will expand, and it's easier to play in the long run as a moderate sized nation then that bloated, sprawling thing that is on three oceans, and everybody is continually checking against you SoI.

2.) If a bunch of nations attack you, do not take it personally. Just go for it! Try diplomacy see if you have a way out, cause nine times out of ten a war is over some stretch of land. See if you can get a single nation to back down, in return for something. If not go down in a blaze of glory, there is nothing wrong with being on the loosing end of a big war. Sometimes its fun, some times it sucks, but when its over try for another country, or be that nice little puppet state that just formed, or better yet take everything not nailed down and become a government in exile. Everyone has had a major loss, or lost an entire country, no reason leave though.

3.) Your country is more then a military. It is people, it is infrastructure, politics, art, science and it is money. Every time you mention your army, try to include something about the culture, or politics. So yes you have massive new tanks now, but also mention the liberal party is now in power and looks to be cutting the expense budget, that book by the old veterans are leading to an anti-war movement, and your auto industry has come out with a new sports car which is selling like crazy.

Sounds kind of dull? Too bad! Your nation needs to be rounded off. On the other hand when another player cries foul of your rapid, determined, well cared force of infantry you can simply point to your in-depth roadways, your years of military centered education, and the large logistics system you put in place in case of a conflict.

6.)Going to war for no reason will get you yelled at, and maybe get you invaded a day or two later. Take the time to at least fake the reasons to start a war. Several people have done this quite well.

7.) When you see "Top Secret" that means you cannot know about it.

8.) When at war try to remember who you are invading. Will they leap up and celebrate your arrival? Or will they go into the woods and plan their attack? A partisan war can take years to end. So just cause the war is over try not to forget about the 20,000 or so men killing your occupation army before going to invade someone else.

9.) If life gets in the way stop playing. Nothing wrong with it, we will not get mad at you. This is a game, and nothing more.

10.) Have fun.

I have found some nice tips on the Alternate History forum, and though to C&P them here. However, I have edited them to reflect CNRP

Ah, Alternatehistory.com? I go there. :awesome:

Also, nice tips. :D

Nice, that is, LVN. An excellent addition to the guidelines, that would make.

I agree... :D

Sheesh, Jed, how many times does that make it that you've changed avatars now? Three? Four? And that's just the times I know about, since you came to CNRP...

Seven, actually. I remember my first avatar was Tsar Nicholas II, before I changed it to Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. I then proceeded to get another pic of Ataturk before moving on to Jessica Alba. However, this is my first animated avatar. :awesome:

Seven, actually. I remember my first avatar was Tsar Nicholas II, before I changed it to Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. I then proceeded to get another pic of Ataturk before moving on to Jessica Alba. However, this is my first animated avatar. :awesome:

Who's this one?

Yes, I really don't know who it is.

Jed, you need to stop stalking that poor young woman.
Um, I'm merely admiring her from afar. I'm a Jessica Alba fan, after all... <_<:P

No, he's got a point. You're obsessing too much...

*Imitates a psychologist* So, when did you start obsessing over this woman?

No, he's got a point. You're obsessing too much...

*Imitates a psychologist* So, when did you start obsessing over this woman?

*stares at Dr. Subtleknifewielder blankly* Ever since I first saw her.... *sighs dreamily* She's so beautiful... :wub:

No, I dont obsess over her too much... :v:

Edited by JEDCJT

*stares at Dr. Subtleknifewielder blankly* Ever since I first saw her.... *sighs dreamily* She's so beautiful... :wub:

No, I dont obsess over her too much... :v:

Bah, I don't see why you came to me. Go on, get out of here. But try to find a relationship with a woman who will actually notice you...

(Just teasin' ya...;))

Edited by Subtleknifewielder