Another Complaint

Starfox101

So, I see tonight that another anti-Vox senate rule is in place.

Link to rule

"Your nation must be 30 days or older to elect Senators."

I'm not entirely certain how new this rule is, as it was only brought up tonight as the reset was today. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I think it's pretty clear who this harms most. We have many re-rolls and many players who are frequently re-rolling, and this rule removes our ability to run an effective senate campaign while utilizing the re-roll tactic.

Does anyone want to give me an explanation as to why this new rule was added and what justification there is for it?

I hate to say it, but it seems like just another way to keep the little guy, little.

I don't know, it seems to be more of something to prevent abuse of the voting system if anything, not simply anti-Vox. I honestly don't know how hard it is to keep a nation alive at that level. If your nation is simply serving as a means of voting as a protest, I don't see the issue. Can you tell me why Vox nations need to quit and re-roll all the time? They really can't pay their bills given they are in a state of war now? If a nation deletes, does it's vote for that period get deleted too, or no? I honestly don't know the answers to those questions.

I don't know, it seems to be more of something to prevent abuse of the voting system if anything, not simply anti-Vox. I honestly don't know how hard it is to keep a nation alive at that level. If your nation is simply serving as a means of voting as a protest, I don't see the issue. Can you tell me why Vox nations need to quit and re-roll all the time? They really can't pay their bills given they are in a state of war now? If a nation deletes, does it's vote for that period get deleted too, or no? I honestly don't know the answers to those questions.

Does the reason matter at all?

You know, it would all be a whole lot better if I saw more input from 'you people' here in this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=32623 instead of complaining when something doesn't go your way politically.

I'm not entirely certain how new this rule is, as it was only brought up tonight as the reset was today. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I think it's pretty clear who this harms most. We have many re-rolls and many players who are frequently re-rolling, and this rule removes our ability to run an effective senate campaign while utilizing the re-roll tactic.
And good thing I suggested that nations who get deleted/move off a different color gets their votes deducted from the senate race...

tl;dr: Go help improve the system instead of complaining when something doesn't go in a direction that does not favor you.

Edited by Mirazi Heket

You know, it would all be a whole lot better if I saw more input from 'you people' here in this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=32623 instead of complaining when something doesn't go your way politically.

And good thing I suggested that nations who get deleted/move off a different color gets their votes deducted from the senate race...

tl;dr: Go help improve the system instead of complaining when something doesn't go in a direction that does not favor you.

You're saying because we haven't commented on his thread, we can't complain? We don't think the system is broke how it is, so we don't want it changed. Sorry.

Even just re-rolling. Because of the way the senate works, a nation that deletes doesn't have its vote removed. A player could convecievably vote half a dozen times in one election period by deleting every 5 days. I assume that's the logic.

Incidentally, a lot of updates have come through recently that aren't in the log, such as new nations starting with Disallow Senate Votes as the default option.

Even just re-rolling. Because of the way the senate works, a nation that deletes doesn't have its vote removed. A player could convecievably vote half a dozen times in one election period by deleting every 5 days. I assume that's the logic.

Incidentally, a lot of updates have come through recently that aren't in the log, such as new nations starting with Disallow Senate Votes as the default option.

Because nations can only re-roll every 15 days, and a nation can only vote every 15 days, this new rule doesn't really accomplish preventing vote spamming because it was never possible. I would like to know why the rule was added.

Or do I have the timeframes wrong on re-rolling?

Edited by Drai

Because nations can only re-roll every 15 days, and a nation can only vote every 15 days, this new rule doesn't really accomplish preventing vote spamming because it was never possible. I would like to know why the rule was added.

Or do I have the timeframes wrong on re-rolling?

I believe it's 5 days for deletion, though I could be mistaken.

It's 5 in CN and 3 in TE, I think.

I don't know about TE, but in CN it is 5 days. One of our former members wanted re-roll to get better resources and it was disallowed for 5 days.

@Doitzel: Other then the issue of possible ballot stuffing, no, I don't think it matters.

So, I see tonight that another anti-Vox senate rule is in place.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I think it's pretty clear who this harms most.

Well that at least explains the PMs I've had from people saying "I tried to vote for you, but I can't."

Interesting timing. <_<

Honestly, if you guys are going to do this forever then it will always be 'interesting' timing. Can't stop admin doing updates because a certain party does not like it/finds it to be a move to hinder them.

Admin most likely implemented this rule to counter multi-ing; as in, a player creates another nation to use for that +1 vote in the senate.

This is one reason. The other reason is nations re-rolling every 5 days to get multiple votes when everyone else can only vote once every 15 days. Also, new nations should have some experience in the game before jumping into the voting booth. Closing discussion.

Edit: After further consideration, 30 days is excessive. A limit of 15 days is more appropriate and the game has been updated as such.