Cookout/Polar Announcement Re Nukes^6

1 hour ago, TheBigBad said:

I do not recall you seeing you in the Continuum leadership channel as a we first work to Polar down then had an even bigger headache with ES and Vox working to dismantle the coalition and Q.   

HAHAHAHAHA

Yes. The biggest threat was Sponge

I've got another Wiki article for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_revisionism

Regardless, none of this was supposed to be about firingline, until ES just couldn't help himself. (He never could help himself, that's kind of always been his downfall.) I'd kindly ask you to keep your revisionism to a minimum and get back to the topic at hand.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DavidMustaine said:

Another classic example of terrible leadership from polar.   How's things in tpf going?  oh, wait.....

Nobody literally knows who you are. What do you know about leadership? Or are you an FL multi ?

22 minutes ago, KingArmen said:

Nobody literally knows who you are. What do you know about leadership? Or are you an FL multi ?

Nobody needs to know who I am, and while we're on that subject I highly doubt you've asked everyone around and not around anymore.   I don't like to toot my own horn, but I know quite a bit about it.  Good guess, but no, I'm not an FL multi.  I do like his style though.  

Edited by DavidMustaine

4 hours ago, DavidMustaine said:

Another classic example of terrible leadership from polar.   How's things in tpf going?  oh, wait.....

They'll be going fine.

9 minutes ago, DavidMustaine said:

Nobody needs to know who I am, and while we're on that subject I highly doubt you've asked everyone around and not around anymore.   I don't like to toot my own horn, but I know quite a bit about it.  Good guess, but no, I'm not an FL multi.  I do like his style though.  

You're Bundy. Or so I've heard. 

23 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

You all had your opportunity ties before and you couldn't stomach what it would take. Theb you slowly got torn to pieces bit by bit. You have my sympathy, but you are dealing with the consequences of your sides choices, Mogar. 

You are openly acknowledging my point, I don't need to roll people to maintain upper tier dominance because that type of suicidal thinking is what led us here. Ask yourself how to fix this, and then reply to what I am really saying. Don't be a Drake.

12 minutes ago, Mogar said:

You are openly acknowledging my point, I don't need to roll people to maintain upper tier dominance because that type of suicidal thinking is what led us here. Ask yourself how to fix this, and then reply to what I am really saying. Don't be a Drake.

You would've done the same had you been in my position. I, and many others, didn't think you lot would sit back and let it happen. We expected a proper fight and your side just rolled over and played dead. Even when we pushed it further, your side continued to duck and run as if that was going to give them a better situation.

I don't like how stagnate it's become, but had yiu guys actually tried to drag down DBDC back then like you all kept thumping your chest about, we'd have a different situation. What's right or wrong is subjective. But doing something now, when you're already beyond the point of contention, is too little too late. I'm not much longer for this world, so I have no issue speaking my mind. 

You want to point the finger at us? But NG and FTW were side by side back then. IRON ended up signing NPO. You let us roll WTF, you let us roll CoTM, you let us roll the neutrals to open up the top 250. When DBDC raided your allies one by one, your government's pretended not to see because they didn't want to handle it. They thought DBDC would burn itself out. And you let yourselves get picked apart, piece by piece. 

4 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

You would've done the same had you been in my position. I, and many others, didn't think you lot would sit back and let it happen. We expected a proper fight and your side just rolled over and played dead. Even when we pushed it further, your side continued to duck and run as if that was going to give them a better situation.

I don't like how stagnate it's become, but had yiu guys actually tried to drag down DBDC back then like you all kept thumping your chest about, we'd have a different situation. What's right or wrong is subjective. But doing something now, when you're already beyond the point of contention, is too little too late. I'm not much longer for this world, so I have no issue speaking my mind. 

You want to point the finger at us? But NG and FTW were side by side back then. IRON ended up signing NPO. You let us roll WTF, you let us roll CoTM, you let us roll the neutrals to open up the top 250. When DBDC raided your allies one by one, your government's pretended not to see because they didn't want to handle it. They thought DBDC would burn itself out. And you let yourselves get picked apart, piece by piece. 

And let's not forget the massive cheating! Steeldor alone later had ~62,000 tech levels erased by the mods because of it, and heaven knows what the rest of the top Doombirds (that by that time had already left the game) had done in that regard. Or how much more tech Steeldor might have acquired with illegal means, but didn't get caught red handed for, for that matter.

It would also be interesting to know how much land and tech was possible to more easily raid because of all of that, wouldn't it? But we'll never know.

Now people, you couldn't stomach massively cheat as well (most of you at least): it's only your fault if literally hundreds of competitive players left the game in disgust, Pacifica lobbied the mods to be allowed to farm land with fake intra alliance wars, we had thousands of tech farms, etc... fast forward 10+ years, and here we are.

It's your fault because you couldn't stomach it!

4 hours ago, jerdge said:

And let's not forget the massive cheating! Steeldor alone later had ~62,000 tech levels erased by the mods because of it, and heaven knows what the rest of the top Doombirds (that by that time had already left the game) had done in that regard. Or how much more tech Steeldor might have acquired with illegal means, but didn't get caught red handed for, for that matter.

It would also be interesting to know how much land and tech was possible to more easily raid because of all of that, wouldn't it? But we'll never know.

Now people, you couldn't stomach massively cheat as well (most of you at least): it's only your fault if literally hundreds of competitive players left the game in disgust, Pacifica lobbied the mods to be allowed to farm land with fake intra alliance wars, we had thousands of tech farms, etc... fast forward 10+ years, and here we are.

It's your fault because you couldn't stomach it!

They have none because every DoomSquad nation has been and will always be vetted and scrutinized. When did Steeldornrecieve that tech? When he was in DBDC, ir when he was in another alliance?

Regardless, this isn't the avenue fir that discussion.

[Ooc: if you believe someone has or is currently breaking the rules, you are obligated and encouraged to report that to the moderation team. Thank you]

16 hours ago, TheBigBad said:

I love how a nobody who was not there thinks they have a clue.  I do not recall you seeing you in the Continuum leadership channel as a we first work to Polar down then had an even bigger headache with ES and Vox working to dismantle the coalition and Q.   You see the difference between you and ES even if he was your enemy you respected the hell out him.  You?  You are just annoying.  And make it worse you speak about things you know nothing about.  You are Walford.  Look him up.  

This is an insult to Walford and you should apologize. 

31 minutes ago, firingline said:

What are "mods"? 

(OOC: This is an IC forum. Your post is not only off-topic, it's completely inappropriate to post here.)

24 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

They have none because every DoomSquad nation has been and will always be vetted and scrutinized. When did Steeldornrecieve that tech? When he was in DBDC, ir when he was in another alliance?

Regardless, this isn't the avenue fir that discussion.

[Ooc: if you believe someone has or is currently breaking the rules, you are obligated and encouraged to report that to the moderation team. Thank you]

It's stuff over ten years old and the mods know about it much more than I could possibly tell them.

I stopped caring back then, I was just reminding ghost that the change that DBDC brought to this world wasn't because they had some grand plan, or were better than the rest, or the others were incompetent and "just rolled over and played dead".

In fact the original Doombirds, of which some are shameless enough to still be around to this day, were worse than the rest.

While overall mainly competent - loco was genuinely brilliant at the math behind CN - they also had no scruples, no fairness, no honesty, and they could put these worst shortcomings of theirs at work, to raise to the top.

In short, ghost would better not try to lecture Mogar about what happened. I don't know/remember about him specifically, but either he's actually totally ignorant about the subject, or - worse - he's been part of the problem, and he's posting in bad faith. Just shut the hell up.

Edited by jerdge
typo

6 minutes ago, jerdge said:

It's stuff over ten years old and the mods know about it much more than I could possibly tell them.

I stopped caring back then, I was just reminding ghost that the change that DBDC brought to this world wasn't because they had some grand plan, or were better than the rest, or the others were incompetent and "just rolled over and played dead".

In fact the original Doombirds, of which some are shameless enough to still be around to this day, were worse than the rest.

While overall mainly competent - loco was genuinely brilliant at the math behind CN - they also had no scruples, no fairness, no honesty, and they could put these worst shortcomings of theirs at work, to raise to the top.

In short, ghost would better not try to lecture Mogar about what happened. I don't know/remember about him specifically, but either he's actually totally ignorant about the subject, or - worse - he's been part of the problem, and he's posting in bad faith. Just shut the hell up.

You're nothing more than a bitter individual throwing empty accusations. I worked with them, and back then and even now, we were heavily sending out tech from the DS AA. We screened every single nation so that people like you would have no basis to actually make those claims. You're obviously still free to do so.

Regardless, those types of things should be handled by moderation, not us.

And you all absolutely did roll over. You could've dragged their nations down if you collectively acted. But the problem with most nations that large, is they're not willing to shed those pixels. So after the neutrals were cleared out and we started sniping Polar and co individually, they all just looked the other way pretending nit to see. That allowed NPO and Aztec to consolidate what they had without experiencing extensive losses.

11 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

You're nothing more than a bitter individual throwing empty accusations. I worked with them, and back then and even now, we were heavily sending out tech from the DS AA. We screened every single nation so that people like you would have no basis to actually make those claims. You're obviously still free to do so.

Regardless, those types of things should be handled by moderation, not us.

And you all absolutely did roll over. You could've dragged their nations down if you collectively acted. But the problem with most nations that large, is they're not willing to shed those pixels. So after the neutrals were cleared out and we started sniping Polar and co individually, they all just looked the other way pretending nit to see. That allowed NPO and Aztec to consolidate what they had without experiencing extensive losses.

You should have followed my advice and shut up.

Bitter? You can't handle the message, you attack the messenger. It doesn't stick.

Look up Carnivore's data about Steeldor, you'll find the tech I mentioned above, erased, the day moderation announced a crackdown on tech producing multies.

I didn't mention DS specifically, I don't know where that tech came from, it's simply a fact that it was erased for having been acquired illegally. Not 1k or 10k, a whopping 60k+, and that was only the nation that had stayed.

Your defence of that crap is beyond ridiculous. Just shut the hell up.

I didn't roll over either, you obviously know nothing about what I was doing and what I have been doing since then. Basically I haven't been playing anymore, and for a long time I didn't even have a nation.

With all that crap, I didn't see why I should have cared anymore, simple as that. My nation was brought back when the GPA needed it, and it has been around with no real aim since then.

I have no score to settle, I'm just here hanging around and I corrected your absurd assertions that the DBDC had played better than the rest. That's all. You can continue this debate or not, if I were you I'd just shut up and move on, but I'm ready to repeat all this stuff all month long if needed. It's your call.

10 minutes ago, jerdge said:

Bitter? You can't handle the message, you attack the messenger. It doesn't stick.

Look up Carnivore's data about Steeldor, you'll find the tech I mentioned above, erased, the day moderation announced a crackdown on tech producing multies.

I didn't mention DS specifically, I don't know where that tech came from, it's simply a fact that it was erased for having been acquired illegally. Not 1k or 10k, a whopping 60k+, and that was only the nation that had stayed.

I didn't roll over either, you obviously know nothing about what I was doing and what I have been doing since then. Basically I haven't been playing anymore, and for a long time I didn't even have a nation.

With all that crap, I didn't see why I should have cared anymore, simple as that. My nation was brought back when the GPA needed it, and it has been around with no real aim since then.

I have no score to settle, I'm just here hanging around and I corrected your absurd assertions that the DBDC had played better than the rest. That's all. You can continue this debate or not, if I were you I'd just shut up and move on, but I'm ready to repeat all this stuff all month long if needed. It's your call.

GPA sat and watched us roll neutral after nuetral, knowing that one day we'd be coming and did nothing. I'm not sure how you could paint that in any way other than rolling over or out right apathy. 

If you'd like to discuss those moderation issues in discord at leagnth, as I have with Jers, you are welcome to. But this is not the avenue for that, and you are fully aware of that. If you want to discuss the machinations, then fine. But that specific topic is going to get bith of us silenced

1 hour ago, Gh0s7 said:

If you'd like to discuss those moderation issues in discord at leagnth, as I have with Jers, you are welcome to. But this is not the avenue for that, and you are fully aware of that. If you want to discuss the machinations, then fine. But that specific topic is going to get bith of us silenced

I agree that it's better that you don't anymore touch the subject, as you don't have a leg to stand on.

I have no real desire to rehash this stuff again, I just can't stand people bragging about their ill acquired "successes".

GPA sat and watched us roll neutral after nuetral, knowing that one day we'd be coming and did nothing. I'm not sure how you could paint that in any way other than rolling over or out right apathy.

I didn't have a nation at the time.

AFAIK the GPA, having always been hard neutral, didn't want to do what would have been necessary to handle the threat, which was to work with others against it. They chose what they considered were their most important values.

You might disagree or not with them - I had disagreed before, when I was there, on this very subject - but ultimately you'd have to discuss it with the people making the decisions at the time, which wasn't me. As I said, I had left the game.

(Outright apathy was the correct reaction, anyway, as the game had already been broken beyond repair. People here have a life too - well most people anyway - and beyond a certain point it's folly to insist investing time in something intrinsically broken and hopelessly corrupted.)

16 minutes ago, jerdge said:

I agree that it's better that you don't anymore touch the subject, as you don't have a leg to stand on.

I have no real desire to rehash this stuff again, I just can't stand people bragging about their ill acquired "successes".

I didn't have a nation at the time.

AFAIK the GPA, having always been hard neutral, didn't want to do what would have been necessary to handle the threat, which was to work with others against it. They chose what they considered were their most important values.

You might disagree or not with them - I had disagreed before, when I was there, on this very subject - but ultimately you'd have to discuss it with the people making the decisions at the time, which wasn't me. As I said, I had left the game.

(Outright apathy was the correct reaction, anyway, as the game had already been broken beyond repair. People here have a life too - well most people anyway - and beyond a certain point it's folly to insist investing time in something intrinsically broken and hopelessly corrupted.)

We can discuss it in other avenues. I'm willing to touch on them there, but it's not permitted here, and trying to bait my into breaking rules is in poor form.

While that's a choice that can be made, throwing the blame on others for the natural consequences seems misplaced. When DBDC cleared to top 250, it wasn't because the neutrals were some threat. It was to open uo prospective targets because it was dominated by Umbrella and Aztec at the time, which were directly aligned with DBDC. Several people called on TOP/Polarsphere to defend the neutrals when DBDC was hitting them. And WTF did genuinely put up a decent fight back then. It would've been the ideal time to drag our largest nations down, and we took the gamble because we didn't th8nk they would act.

And we were correct. Polarsphere didn't want to take that kind of damage to defend the neutrals. But that's what setup what followed. That's not subjective; that's a proven fact. We didn't act blindly. We didn't just attack huetrals because we were bored. There was an over arching purpose beyond simply raiding land to inflate populations and income. 

2 hours ago, jerdge said:

Jerdge just let him pat himself on the back and move on. Facts have no place on the OWF. 

13 minutes ago, ditchboy00 said:

Jerdge just let him pat himself on the back and move on. Facts have no place on the OWF. 

Strong rebuttal, man. I dunno how I could compete with such a substantial and informative post.

3 hours ago, jerdge said:

I would suggest you both calm down and get back on topic before you face the consequences of not doing so.

52 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

Strong rebuttal, man. I dunno how I could compete with such a substantial and informative post.

you spewed the exact same reply to both his arguments. he was really going to change your mind wasnt he? 

16 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

But NG and FTW were side by side back then.

What? NG and FTW didn't have a treaty until these last few years.
You post a lot of subjective and inaccurate information, Gh0s7.
DBDC (and NPO too iirc) did lose large chunks of ill-gotten tech which they had for who knows how long, helping them develop their advantage and of which simply removing said tech would not erase all the gained from it.

30 minutes ago, Canik said:

What? NG and FTW didn't have a treaty until these last few years.
DBDC (and NPO too iirc) did lose large chunks of ill-gotten tech which they had for who knows how long, helping them develop their advantage and of which simply removing said tech would not erase all the gained from it.

FTW had a DK treaty, and so too did NG. You're being intentionally obtuse, as we're talking about events from 2013-2015. And no, we have no evidence of such. The only proof we have is a nation from ODN, a nation from Sengoku, and a nation from DBDC. The scale of which is unclear, but far lower than what's being paraded by your side. The highest value deleted from a single individual did not exceed 24,000, and the total of those 10 nations did not exceed 144,000.

And once again, we omly have 3 co firmed cases of those 10 highest ill-begotten tech nations. Of which we cannot discuss here, but you can reach out to Kersche about the specifics of such. As we've combed through that at length. Regardless, this is, once more, not a subject we are allowed to discuss in this avenue. It is as illegal as recieving such tech in the eyes of bob

5 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

We can discuss it in other avenues. I'm willing to touch on them there, but it's not permitted here, and trying to bait my into breaking rules is in poor form.

I'm not baiting you into doing anything, you started with shameless self congratulations and absurd attempts at lecturing Mogar on history, even, I just corrected you on that.

If you think that discussing that topic here can lead to anything bad for your CN account - you have pixels, after all - then don't discuss it here.

While that's a choice that can be made, throwing the blame on others for the natural consequences seems misplaced. When DBDC cleared to top 250, it wasn't because the neutrals were some threat. It was to open uo prospective targets because it was dominated by Umbrella and Aztec at the time, which were directly aligned with DBDC. Several people called on TOP/Polarsphere to defend the neutrals when DBDC was hitting them. And WTF did genuinely put up a decent fight back then. It would've been the ideal time to drag our largest nations down, and we took the gamble because we didn't th8nk they would act.

And we were correct. Polarsphere didn't want to take that kind of damage to defend the neutrals. But that's what setup what followed. That's not subjective; that's a proven fact. We didn't act blindly. We didn't just attack huetrals because we were bored. There was an over arching purpose beyond simply raiding land to inflate populations and income.

I don't care about any of this, and I don't see how it's relevant, anyway.

The motives and the plans of the Doombirds are irrelevant, of course it was legitimate to pursue whatever plan or goal you had, I was talking of the methods.

5 hours ago, ditchboy00 said:

I am not trying to convince him - although it would be nice if he could develop some doubts, at least - it's just that pointing out some inconvenient truths is the right thing to do, in this case.

4 hours ago, firingline said:

I would suggest you both calm down and get back on topic before you face the consequences of not doing so.

I am calm and I don't care about consequences for defending integrity. Not that I think there will be any consequence, BTW.

1 hour ago, Canik said:

[...]
[...]

Unfortunately you're very correct on this.