Round 52 Start Date

admin

Thank you Admin, looking forward to it!

Tweaks and Suggestions:

- Add the Interceptor Missile System Wonder. I mean why not....

- Let everyone pick there full resource set. Why make everyone trade, people just have people make fake accounts to get it anyway....

- More requirements for the MP Wonder, make other wonders required first so that everyone has to be around a little while to get it. Maybe 3 different wonders (Pentagon, SDI, and Anti Air or something else)

- Change up the awards. Maybe top 2 nations dealing the most destruction in the alliance with the most destruction given vs Most Land.

That's all the simple things I can think of off the top of my head.

A big change is the game reset time, Id love to see it switched for war declares to the time you actually attacked. So if I hit someone at 5pm I cant hit back until 5pm the next day, same thing with nukes.  Suck that some player get to be up during a reset time while others are sleeping and I'm too old to set an alarm for it anymore hahaha.

Thanks,

Al Bundy

2 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

Let everyone pick there full resource set. Why make everyone trade, people just have people make fake accounts to get it anyway....

- More requirements for the MP Wonder, make other wonders required first so that everyone has to be around a little while to get it. Maybe 3 different wonders (Pentagon, SDI, and Anti Air or something else)

A big change is the game reset time, Id love to see it switched for war declares to the time you actually attacked. 

I really really really like these 3 ideas. And all these years I thought Bundy was hollow inside that skull 

5 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

Let everyone pick there full resource set. Why make everyone trade, people just have people make fake accounts to get it anyway....

You can already pick your full resource set but the status quo adds planning and team work which my guys enjoy and we never used an temporary or "fake" nations for trades last round.  I strongly believe your main motivator with this suggestion is to even the playing field because your opponents put in the time and effort to utilize resources and you don't. I don't believe anyone is using fake nations unless you refer to some only using a nation to help with trades but there are some retired vets who only have a nation in-game to help their alliances complete trade circles full time and we know they're not fake. This suggestion will also empower rogues who'll also take advantage of so I'm strongly against it.

And why take one of the key advantages and incentives of being in an alliance.

I like your other suggestions though.

Edited by HiredGun

I would still like to see this implemented. It encourages building and it makes any nuke rogues have to actually play the game.

Top X% can buy nukes. MP can be bought with X amount of casualties.

7 minutes ago, Jesusfreak said:

I would still like to see this implemented. It encourages building and it makes any nuke rogues have to actually play the game.

This suggestion will affect non-rogues all round and rogues for about 2-3 weeks after they have given up. Like it or not but roguing is a legitimate way to play and I've never seen a round of TE where there isn't rogues, I've had to deal with them more than most so many of you rarely see them but we'll pre-empt them if we see they're building only military wonders early and nuking up. They're not very effective if you don't put yourself in a vulnerable position and why you're invulnerable from all forms of attack for the first 7 days. If you remain unbuilt after this grace expires, you can only blame yourself if you get attacked.

The biggest issue I've seen is when other alliances take advantage of your war with rogues by declaring war against the rogues target alliance. If we're dealing with rogues, why take advantage? CoughalbundyCough

I never liked the top 5% MP only rule, I believe everyone should have the opportunity to be able to use nuclear weapons.You enact this rule and I can guarantee you D1 and Nlon will hold a good proportion of the top 5% for majority of the round for the simple fact we're utilizing resources and earning more.

Otherwise I don't see many issues with the game mechanics, adding some new wonders over from SE might be interesting especially if they're as significant as the MP or WRC. Some minor issues like the odd bombing run failing to hit their targets against 0 air defense.. should that not be a guaranteed hit? 🤣

3 hours ago, HiredGun said:

The biggest issue I've seen is when other alliances take advantage of your war with rogues by declaring war against the rogues target alliance. If we're dealing with rogues, why take advantage? CoughalbundyCough

Other than this crap, I agree with HG, i.e., I don't like the the trade rule proposed by al.

Mmixed thoughts on the war cycle /declare suggestion. Makes sense but it's a bit confusing and KISS is important

8 hours ago, HiredGun said:

You enact this rule and I can guarantee you D1 and Nlon will hold a good proportion of the top 5% for majority of the round for the simple fact we're utilizing resources and earning more.

Uhm, I'm not sure the NLoN is known for earning lots of money haha

Certainly gonna try again anyways next round though

2 hours ago, Augustus Caesar said:

Uhm, I'm not sure the NLoN is known for earning lots of money haha

Certainly gonna try again anyways next round though

You're using our guides and methods so I don't see why you wouldn't.

20 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

Thank you Admin, looking forward to it!

Tweaks and Suggestions:

- Add the Interceptor Missile System Wonder. I mean why not....

- Let everyone pick there full resource set. Why make everyone trade, people just have people make fake accounts to get it anyway....

- Change up the awards. Maybe top 2 nations dealing the most destruction in the alliance with the most destruction given vs Most Land.

That's all the simple things I can think of off the top of my head.

A big change is the game reset time, Id love to see it switched for war declares to the time you actually attacked. So if I hit someone at 5pm I cant hit back until 5pm the next day, same thing with nukes.  Suck that some player get to be up during a reset time while others are sleeping and I'm too old to set an alarm for it anymore hahaha.

Thanks,

Al Bundy

love these suggestions 

18 hours ago, Jesusfreak said:

I like the casualty portion of this idea, prevents early nuke swing-out that knocks nations out early in the round.

23 hours ago, HiredGun said:

You can already pick your full resource set but the status quo adds planning and team work which my guys enjoy and we never used an temporary or "fake" nations for trades last round.  I strongly believe your main motivator with this suggestion is to even the playing field because your opponents put in the time and effort to utilize resources and you don't. I don't believe anyone is using fake nations unless you refer to some only using a nation to help with trades but there are some retired vets who only have a nation in-game to help their alliances complete trade circles full time and we know they're not fake. This suggestion will also empower rogues who'll also take advantage of so I'm strongly against it.

And why take one of the key advantages and incentives of being in an alliance.

I like your other suggestions though.

I just dont like everyone creating fake/non playing nations just for trades... u had two or at least one nation that didnt do anything...  why bother... waste of time... but whatever I'll have a full circle either way. 

19 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

I just dont like everyone creating fake/non playing nations just for trades... u had two or at least one nation that didnt do anything...  why bother... waste of time... but whatever I'll have a full circle either way. 

They were D1 vets who were taking a break and they voluntarily stuck around in case we needed them to help with trades but we didn't.

From what I recall CN has always had nations that join just to trade. Perhaps it's more obvious now bc the community is smaller, but IMO it's not a big deal

Yo All

Since everyone is throwing a dream wish for new game ideas.  I say change the time lapse too 20 days for resources before changing again.  Another note no Mp  unless you made a donation in the game.  I know Admin like to see more donations.      

7 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Yo All

Since everyone is throwing a dream wish for new game ideas.  I say change the time lapse too 20 days for resources before changing again.  Another note no Mp  unless you made a donation in the game.  I know Admin like to see more donations.      

now that would make for a challenge …….      always been said might makes right …. 

On 12/14/2019 at 10:52 PM, Hoosier said:

Yo All

Hahahaha no to both.... but would be fine with other types of donations... such as nation/alliance custom flags and full resource sets.. something that will effect their nation and not create a pay to win game like that would be....

Another suggestion would be giving senate proposals for the senators... maybe some new ones not just typical SE stuff...

On 12/14/2019 at 6:15 PM, HiredGun said:

They were D1 vets who were taking a break and they voluntarily stuck around in case we needed them to help with trades but we didn't.

Ya so someone wasted there time for nothing...

Edited by AL Bundy

9 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

Hahahaha no to both.... but would be fine with other types of donations... such as nation/alliance custom flags and full resource sets.. something that will effect their nation and not create a pay to win game like that would be....

Now those are good ideas

1 hour ago, admin said:

Round 52 has started. I went with a few tweaks to the usual settings and added prerequisites to the Manhattan Project wonder. Next round will likely see more changes including more wonders and tweaks to the awards.

Thanks @admin

Great Admin. I still like to see a donation required for the edition to buy a MP.  You can buy other nations if you didn't know!  Al Bundy I would donate for you!   Send me a address I will start with a Red Stag Jim Beam! lol   

• 2 weeks later...