Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Liltrekkie

To TIE and Monsters INC.

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

 

The great Keysariyt Hansen once said, we are ‘irrelevant micros’. So irrelevant in fact, that I am genuinely surprised that CRAP even noticed our presence. And have non chalantly asked allies for help (how embarrassing).

 

A single grain of sand is irrelevant. But many grains of sand can make a brick, and many bricks can build a pyramid.

 

 

Have they? Maybe I should check war screens :P

 

Nope don't see any TTK or RIA help yet. 

 

 

Wait you didn't make the mistake of thinking I was still playing this game or part of TTK and that I was saying we were riding in to the rescue did you? :P I was just pointing out Chestnut exists.

Edited by MaineGOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MaineGOP said:

 

 

Have they? Maybe I should check war screens :P

 

Nope don't see any TTK or RIA help yet. 

 

 

My reference was to the OPs nonchalant plea

 

40 minutes ago, MaineGOP said:

the mistake of thinking I was still playing... or part of TTK 

 

While you never really got anything done, I’ll say that you were genuinely pleasant to interact with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

 

My reference was to the OPs nonchalant plea

 

 

While you never really got anything done, I’ll say that you were genuinely pleasant to interact with.

 

Yes when you are told to do something by the GM but all other marshalls scream at you for trying to do it, it gets hard to get things done :P  Also two months is not that long. I did succeed in less rollings than blackatron and I think generally improved our reputation.... But yeah after that and then the purges at NoR, this game lost one of its biggest TO THE END proponents (plust real life)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, James Spanier said:

 

He doesn't have anyone in range. That said I have low hopes for the rest of CRAP to defend themselves without outside help.

I'm almost certain I saw him in the 70k range?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, James Spanier said:

 

He doesn't have anyone in range.

 

 

looks like things have changed .. that is if he really wants to play  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

 

Yes when you are told to do something by the GM but all other marshalls scream at you for trying to do it, it gets hard to get things done :P  Also two months is not that long. I did succeed in less rollings than blackatron and I think generally improved our reputation....

 

Blakatron’s biggest problem was that he was overly knowledgeable in an alliance that didn’t know which end was up, and that was counterproductive. He actually followed Planet Bob politics quite well. Per his association with Ghost, I do not believe he was that niave to not understand Ghost’s own intentions, but I do believe he was smart enough to understand the value of ‘plausible deniability.’ With that being said, Blakatron knew he was sitting in a conservative valued alliance and any tug or mention of activity over there would’ve sent the higher ups into a frenzy given that they’d actually have to do something.

 

Your biggest problem was that you were a flavor of the month character, sweeping Planet Bob members off their feet upon your arrival and ‘whooing them immensely’. The kind of new blood we wished we’d see more of (reroll or not). Where you excelled in relationships, you failed in results. The job was much more challenging than you originally thought, you weren’t getting anywhere, and while much of the blame can certainly have been pointed to your traditionalist superiors, at the end of the day you’ll always live with the woulda-shoulda-coulda mentality of your short lived political career. Regardless, I think you would’ve done alright, had you of stuck it out.

 

And then that brings us to Mr. Riker. The new man on the block. A traditionalist himself with the mentality of the ‘never rocking the boat’ type of MO, the safe type. TTK is comfortable and content with him because he’s the most middle of the road since they started drawing yellow lines in the center of roads. He PRs like it’s 2014 without a single grasp of 2018 real politic. I like Riker and I think he tries hard... unfortunately he tries too hard, he’s too sincere, and he’s too needy.

 

I hope this doesn’t leave a bad taste in your mouth Maine and it shouldn’t. For what it’s worth, whether you liked TTKs governance or not, there are members who certainly preferred you in FA a lot more than Riker:

 

unknown.png

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Mr. @Liltrekkie, it’s time for your morning enema

 

 

unknown.png

 

 

 

unknown.png

 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock
Edited to ping him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 5:20 PM, Lord Hitchcock said:

Your biggest problem was that you were a flavor of the month character, sweeping Planet Bob members off their feet upon your arrival and ‘whooing them immensely’.

 

 

Maine certainly swept me off my feet when we met, he bought roses and a reservation for two at a really fancy restaurant.  :wub:  But like Blackatron before him, he's just another former TTK member that broke my heart.

 

 

Anyways, nice to see CRAP wake up to respond to some of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jazzy95 said:

 

Maine certainly swept me off my feet when we met, he bought roses and a reservation for two at a really fancy restaurant.  :wub:  But like Blackatron before him, he's just another former TTK member that broke my heart.

 

 

Anyways, nice to see CRAP wake up to respond to some of this.

 

 

But I still <3 you Jazzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jazzy95 said:

 

Anyways, nice to see CRAP wake up to respond to some of this.

 

 I am still hoping to see them wake up  and make this more interesting  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, one CRAP counter in the last three days and that has to be a new record.

 

To put that in perspective, CCC at least managed two off, plus a Wes counter in that same time frame, and the last time we warred NADC they were able to pull four off in a 48 hour period.

 

Your alliance’s acronym describes you perfectly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Yes, one CRAP counter in the last three days and that has to be a new record.

 

To put that in perspective, CCC at least managed two off, plus a Wes counter in that same time frame, and the last time we warred NADC they were able to pull four off in a 48 hour period.

 

Your alliance’s acronym describes you perfectly.

 

 

 

That is basically all of the effort that you are worth.

 

In most folks opinion even that it too much effort.

 

If you haven't noticed the trend - nearly everyone you 'attack' ignores you. Maybe you ought to work on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eejack said:

If you haven't noticed the trend - nearly everyone you 'attack' ignores you

 

If I recall, you sent a nice friendly message the day after we popped UCR. So much for 'ignoring us'.

 

Also, your statement is pretty lame considering I didn't OP this. Effort... the horror. Anyway, you can put lipstick on pig , but it's still a pig . Lil who-ever-he-is talks a big game only to woddle like a wet noodle. CRAP can't do &#33;@#&#036; on their own.

 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are guys sure making your rounds. Cutest lil gang of cankle biters I ever did see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

 

If I recall, you sent a nice friendly message the day after we popped UCR. So much for 'ignoring us'.

 

 

We generally look out for our friends but when we realized you were nothing more than a bunch of rude arrogant pissants we ignored you.

 

( and if you recall my message was friendly and your message was vile, angry and obnoxious - essentially a microcosm of your existence on planet bob - enjoy )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eejack said:

 

We generally look out for our friends but when we realized you were nothing more than a bunch of rude arrogant pissants we ignored you.

 

( and if you recall my message was friendly and your message was vile, angry and obnoxious - essentially a microcosm of your existence on planet bob - enjoy )

 

You tried making threats and we called your bluff. My message wasn't arrogant, it was honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 5:20 PM, Lord Hitchcock said:

I hope this doesn’t leave a bad taste in your mouth Maine and it shouldn’t. For what it’s worth, whether you liked TTKs governance or not, there are members who certainly preferred you in FA a lot more than Riker:

 

unknown.png

You misunderstood my statement. What I meant in the above log is I would've preferred Maine stayed on within TTK. I knew there was no chance of him remaining as MoFA as I had regular chats with him. Also, I never had any issues with Riker taking over the post and I think he's doing a fine job despite your personal opinion.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Konstantine said:

You misunderstood my statement. What I meant in the above log is I would've preferred Maine stayed on within TTK. I knew there was no chance of him remaining as MoFA as I had regular chats with him. Also, I never had any issues with Riker taking over the post and I think he's doing a fine job despite your personal opinion.
 

 

 

If understood our chats you'd realize that I wouldn't rather walk than correct things. 

 

After watching what happened with Black and his frustrations as MoFA I made it clear that I would only take the position (remember I was setting up and wanted to be MoR as I had planned and had no interest or time to be MoFA) if certain changes were happened in governance and if directions were given and we pulled together. That didn't happen, so I could no longer continue in the position.  Then watching the switch over and from my impression (and frankly a bit of what I see here) it appeared that many wanted to write off my leaving the spot for anything but the primary reason (my personal life, didn't want it to begin with, etc...) rather than face the issues we had internally. I felt like everyone thought the switch to Riker would be fine and nothing needed to change. If I was that unvalued after the work I put into TTK for 6 months, an alliance I joined days before getting curbstomped, that I fought my heart out for and putting in the most wars in the alliance during that time, then what was the point of me remaining in the alliance.

 

Yes my personal life was very busy, yes I only gave you all a year I think I said to begin with as MoFA, yes life has been better since I pulled out of CN for the most part, and dropping Discord has saved me in many ways. That all being said, understand NONE of that would have happened if the damned internal issues had been resolved.

 

Now from your logs, it appears it did kickstart something, it's a shame I didn't see enough of that before I left. But don't act like I didn't bring it up before I took the post, or that Black didn't bring it up. To act like I left because I wasn't willing to work on it and help the alliance is slap in the face and you know it is false.

 

Lord H. I don't disagree with much of your analysis of my role and the transfer to Riker. As far as results, you are right, I think if you could see internally you could see much of the work I did in departments other than FA. Like Black before me I was the most active member of TTK and helped out in any and every role I could to keep the gears of activity going. FA I was focusing on bold strokes and being fought every step of the way. I didn't see the point in lining up more likeminded lambs for the slaughter or people to not call in next time we got hit. I wanted to change the FA path, find new ways forward and forge long-term stability. Unfortunately even with the only support that mattered it didn't matter with the rest of the naysaying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

 FA I was focusing on bold strokes and being fought every step of the way. I didn't see the point in lining up more likeminded lambs for the slaughter or people to not call in next time we got hit. I wanted to change the FA path, find new ways forward and forge long-term stability. 

 

A turtle can't go anywhere if it doesn't stick its neck out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 7:00 PM, eejack said:

 

We generally look out for our friends but when we realized you were nothing more than a bunch of rude arrogant pissants we ignored you.

 

( and if you recall my message was friendly and your message was vile, angry and obnoxious - essentially a microcosm of your existence on planet bob - enjoy )

 

Sounds about par for the course of little man there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 11:38 AM, MaineGOP said:

and dropping Discord has saved me in many ways.

 

:( i miss you baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sir Kiloist said:

 

:( i miss you baby

 

I miss a lot of people too, maybe if I just delete the nation (already like 45 days of bills) I can safely come back to discord to hang out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×