The Taiwan Crisis

Beauty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As Hereno is being what can only be described as a prick on IRC and is incapable of responding to a yes or no answer. I will post this again here.

'submarines operate on two layers, acoustic and thermal. A submarine above the first layer can be detected by surface sonar, when it goes below the first layer, sonar bounces off the thermal layer, making it invisible to surface warships, but not to other submarines in the thermal layer. When the submarine goes deeper below the acoustic layer, the same process happens again. When a submarine is travelling slow, it doesnt cavitate, which is when bubbles of oxygen are popped underwater giving away the subs position. It can be detected by a submarine in the same layer using active sonar as passive sonar wouldnt pick it up easily at all, if it coul even pick it up. Active sonar gives a firing solution to both hunter and hunted. which means that both submarines, or whoever fires first, gets the kill. Not including anti torpedo countermeasures.'

That is the explanation to these 'magic, powerful and undetectable submarines'. Something they are not, but if you don't know how to detect them, thats not my problem.

Second point, I was never going to have an immediate repercussion, not even in CNRP1 would that happen. Identification takes time using the method I explained on the forums, which was for reference, using radioactive material at the blast zones and comparing it with nuclear fuel registries from reactors to identify its nation of origin. During an active nuclear war, which is what this is, that takes a damn long time to even get a sample. Then you need to get nations to volunteer information about their nuclear reactors to find a match.

Don't get mad because you fail to understand several basic explanations of basic science, and that you fail to understand why I will not be punished instantaniously. Thats just how RP is. Get over it Hereno.

The nukes from Japan and China were readily identified as coming from those countries. Nukes from a submarine have not and will not be traced back to you for months, even though your IC actions are essentially unprovoked nuclear terrorism. I don't see how that's conducive to gameplay and I'd rather get rid of nukes entirely than have a situation like that occur again.

As Hereno is being what can only be described as a prick on IRC

Don't get mad

lol - logs are available in the OOC thread so everyone can see how much of a "prick" I am. Edited by Hereno

Taiwanese aren't ethnically Chinese. They are mixed with Han Chinese and Indigenous Taiwanese. That would be like calling Latino people Spanish.

[16:27] <+Biohazard> latino implying hispanic origins or mexicans
[16:27] <+Rotavele> Mexicans/Southenr Americans Biohazard
[16:27] <+Rotavele> Spaniards Mated with Amerindians. Thats here latinos came from.
[16:28] <+Rotavele> So you can't really call the Taiwanese "Chinese"
[16:28] <+Horo> Hmm, good point
[16:28] <+Horo> You can't call the Australians Australian either
[16:28] <+Rotavele> Thank you
[16:28] <+Rotavele> They're from Australia
[16:28] <+Horo> Those damn aborigines
[16:28] <+Rotavele> If you were born in Australia, you're australian
[16:28] <+Rotavele> Ethnicity and Nationality are two dfiferent things.
[16:29] <+Rotavele> By Chinese, I was referring to Han Chinese.
Edited by Rotavele

Hereno I don't want the retcon to not go ahead because I want to punish anyone I don't want it to go ahead because I am against retcon's in general. Sure it sucks for everyone involved but it is still something that can be over come by role play. If someone was attacked in the war and didn't like it they couldn't get a retcon as the system doesn't work that way. So to clarify I don't want to punish anyone I am just against retcons.

Also on the insult situation those that know me know that I say a lot of crap I don't mean when I get angry. These people also know that I always come back and apologise for what I said after I have calmed down. As was in Eva's case when i calmed down I apologised to her for what I said. If you see me being an ass then don't take it personally and know that I will be back to apologise for it. It is also something I am trying to overcome but I can't do that instantly.    

Hereno I don't want the retcon to not go ahead because I want to punish anyone I don't want it to go ahead because I am against retcon's in general. Sure it sucks for everyone involved but it is still something that can be over come by role play. If someone was attacked in the war and didn't like it they couldn't get a retcon as the system doesn't work that way. So to clarify I don't want to punish anyone I am just against retcons.

Also on the insult situation those that know me know that I say a lot of crap I don't mean when I get angry. These people also know that I always come back and apologise for what I said after I have calmed down. As was in Eva's case when i calmed down I apologised to her for what I said. If you see me being an ass then don't take it personally and know that I will be back to apologise for it. It is also something I am trying to overcome but I can't do that instantly.    

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation.

What the community wants, it gets. This rp is on hold until the GM election is concluded. At that time, if I am still a GM, I will be proposing a solution that involves something a bit more radical than a retcon. I don't think a retcon of rp is needed, I think a retcon of rpers is needed in this solution.

If you can't get along with your rp neighbors, you certainly won't be able to get along with anyone else who gets in a ic conflict with you.

Which means, the community may well end up needing to make a vote as to who to keep as part of our community.

Let this sink into your head... rping with cnrp2 is not a right, it is a privilege. The privilege should not be easily lost yet this situation has passed the point of tolerable a while ago. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

I personally can roll with the nukes. I just think that once it's no longer on hold, the whole nuking continues and it'll be no easier to handle.

What the community wants, it gets. This rp is on hold until the GM election is concluded. At that time, if I am still a GM, I will be proposing a solution that involves something a bit more radical than a retcon. I don't think a retcon of rp is needed, I think a retcon of rpers is needed in this solution.

If you can't get along with your rp neighbors, you certainly won't be able to get along with anyone else who gets in a ic conflict with you.

Which means, the community may well end up needing to make a vote as to who to keep as part of our community.

Let this sink into your head... rping with cnrp2 is not a right, it is a privilege. The privilege should not be easily lost yet this situation has passed the point of tolerable a while ago. 

What the community wants it gets...