My way or you can buzz off...

Captain Enema

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, whatever you say. I still say reforming it was a better option, but nooo, there was a knee-jerk reaction, again and again. It's all or nothing with you guys.

Also select few? Don't make me laugh...it was a friggin tie.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

It's not a tie as far as I can tell. Clear victory for cutting out this diseased piece of meat as far as I can see. This rancid preplanning rule is doing nothing more than creating a chilling effect on decent rp while people hide behind the rules, try to cheat, and delay things for as long as possible.

Either you are with me or against me, the choice is yours. I'm no longer playing with this rule or playing with people who want to hide behind it. I'm reserving the right to launch terrorist attacks, which as far as I can tell need no preplanning.

Don't worry son, next week I'm going to push for abolishing the NS rule for nuking nations as well. See you soon girlfriend!

Again, whatever, it was a tie at the end of the deadline. But do what you want. I never hid behind the rule, and my one pre-planning session was quite cordial. May be why I never had issues with it, cause all we needed to establish were clear goals for either side...

I was about to say the same, its childish. Y'all are having tempers over not getting your way. I will not be recognizing any wars that are not preplanned and I expect the GMs to wipe them for being in violation of the community rules. Why don't you people attempt to fix the system before you try to break it.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1348151675' post='3032266']
I was about to say the same, its childish. Y'all are having tempers over not getting your way. I will not be recognizing any wars that are not preplanned and I expect the GMs to wipe them for being in violation of the community rules. Why don't you people attempt to fix the system before you try to break it.
[/quote]
This isn't a temper tantrum.

This is openly admitting the fact that preplanning is stupid and should've been eliminated a long time ago.

Yes because that is totally a credible non-biased source. I don't understand how you can call Fox News, (the news not the opinion shows) biased when they actually go against things like the Chikfila thing publicly. Your news sources say things like "The 2009 fiscal year, which Republicans count as part of Obama’s legacy" "Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama" thats not news, thats bias. Lol at the offtopicness.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1348159592' post='3032308']
Yes because that is totally a credible non-biased source. I don't understand how you can call Fox News, (the news not the opinion shows) biased when they actually go against things like the Chikfila thing publicly. Your news sources say things like " Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama" thats not news, thats bias. Lol at the offtopicness.
[/quote]

ITT, the Wall Street Journal is a biased source.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1348138139' post='3032208']
Here, I'm tired of watching a few select few try to prop up preplanning when it's good and dead. From this day forward, the only nations I recognize as legit CNRP nations are those who do not hide behind the skirts of preplanning like a bunch of cowards.
[/quote]

This is childish. Stop whining, go make a new poll, and make sure everyone votes before the deadline this time.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1348150818' post='3032264']
This is childish. I can only shake my head at this.
[/quote]
Pretty much my reaction. How many times have people said try !@#$@#$ reforming the goddamn system instead of flat out getting rid of it without even trying?

Screw deadlines. It doesn't matter whether or not the people who swayed the vote got theirs in "too late". It matters that they have a CNRP nation and they want pre-planning gone.

I'm not suggesting that a person with a nation should be able to influence a vote a year or even a month down the line, but saying that votes cast very shortly after the self-imposed "deadline" don't count is [i]ridiculous.[/i]

I'm not even going to allow that the phrase "technicality", it's just goddamned idiocy. Pre-planning is dead and I, among others, will commence playing that way.

Edited by Domingo the Honored

Dotcom I know it seems so odd that they are radically just trying to get ride of a rule half of the community supports or at least wants edited however you have to look at their motives. The rule was made so people could work things out and have discussion before the conflict (in addition it gave you mental preparation for the war since most people in the community do not like fighting lolwars that have no justification). The proble is that Some of the people who want to get rid of it only want to do so because they play the game not to RP but just for the fun of rolling/trolling others - disregarding what they may want to RP or do and only looking at their own ideas of "right" and "wrong". Preplanning agrivates them because it delays their terroristic fun of destroying others for a little while. Of course not everyone who is against the rule is like that, but some are. I hope that opened your eyes a bit because it took me a while to notice who the RPers were and who the trolls were inthe community.

Then allow me to ask this question: Given that the exact same situation had happened during the "SDI covering expeditionary forces?" vote (within 12 hours after the deadline an overwhelming number of people voted for abolishing), would you consider that expeditionary SDI coverage to be dead?

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1348174386' post='3032409']
Dotcom I know it seems so odd that they are radically just trying to get ride of a rule half of the community supports or at least wants edited however you have to look at their motives. The rule was made so people could work things out and have discussion before the conflict (in addition it gave you mental preparation for the war since most people in the community do not like fighting lolwars that have no justification). The proble is that Some of the people who want to get rid of it only want to do so because they play the game not to RP but just for the fun of rolling/trolling others - disregarding what they may want to RP or do and only looking at their own ideas of "right" and "wrong". Preplanning agrivates them because it delays their terroristic fun of destroying others for a little while. Of course not everyone who is against the rule is like that, but some are. I hope that opened your eyes a bit because it took me a while to notice who the RPers were and who the trolls were inthe community.
[/quote]
Um yeah, I know that. Everyone knows that. Some of the people opposed to pre planning just don't want to deal with cooperative roleplay. The reason for that is that some of the people who support pre planning just want to use it as a way of AVOIDING cooperative roleplay if it involves a war against them. Both sides have a decent case. The problem is that one side wants to work out a solution that will be agreeable to all, and the other side does nothing but !@#$%* and groan about the horrific atrocity that is preplanning.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1348173335' post='3032406']
Actually he lost the popular vote but won the electoral vote in 2008
[/quote]

He actually won both. You're thinking of the 2000 election which Florida $%&@ed up. Thanks Florida.

On another note; abolish all rules, let chaos and anarchy rule the day!