My way or you can buzz off...

Captain Enema

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1348250502' post='3032789']
Ok, we've gone back to Eva/Kankou vs. Triyun.

I'm bored.
[/quote]
Well, I certainly did not write these posts to entertain people. And it is about as interesting to read the exchanges between our liberals and conservatives here.

Meh, it's just calling hypocrites out on their constantly changing position to jsutify what they do. If they're called out on OOC/IC blurring, they say it's justified by IC "threats", and when asked to explain the "threats", they talk about OOC annoyances. Basically, flip-flopping when convenient in a circle of Catch-22ish false logic.

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1348174121' post='3032408']
[b]Screw deadlines. It doesn't matter whether or not the people who swayed the vote got theirs in "too late".[/b] It matters that they have a CNRP nation and they want pre-planning gone.

I'm not suggesting that a person with a nation should be able to influence a vote a year or even a month down the line, but saying that votes cast very shortly after the self-imposed "deadline" don't count is [i]ridiculous.[/i]

I'm not even going to allow that the phrase "technicality", it's just goddamned idiocy. Pre-planning is dead and I, among others, will commence playing that way.
[/quote]
So we should toss out the entire democratic process when the results don't suit us?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

To me it's like attempting to reform slavery. Why keep people in chains under more lenient conditions when they should be free entirely? It's also a lot like rape, rape isn't legal for a reason, why change it to make aspects of it legal when it's just wrong?

CNRP is not a safehaven style role play. There is not being tagged out by the short stop because you aren't on base. It's an ongoing nation playing role play that is being hindered via stupid rules.

I threw rape in there as an obvious wild card for those people who have wailed and moaned that being slapped around in rp is somehow comparable to a physical sexual assault.

Let's really throw all the cards on the table here. If you people really want to get to the roots of the problems in CNRP you need to examine why people act like they do ICLy and how they maneuver OOCly.

Kankou's incessant plotting and barking comes to mind. She somehow thinks people are supposed to ignore it? You bark and snap loud enough oocly, the natural thing to do is to wipe her face in a pile of crap ICly. It's who we are as people, we will respond to people running their mouths. We will wait until the person who flaps their gums incessantly to slip up and then we will smash them in some way or applaud another person for doing it.

Everyone here really is crying and railing for and against preplanning mostly along the traditional powerblocs. There are the exceptions in there of people haggling it out ideologically.

Would we ever see Lynneth taking the same side as Vektor?

Would we ever see Eva take the same side as Centurius?

Would we ever see Kankou and Triyun ever agreeing on the same thing?

Let's face girl scouts, there is NO OOC/IC divide in this game. It was blown completely out of the water years ago. It DOES not exist and when Kankou comes up in here and tries to pretend it does, we should all rightly laugh ourselves into a spastic state over it.

I mean really... come on people... I MEAN really...

Throw down these barriers.. let people do whatever the want. You do know that if Isaac or Jed or the rest of the hippies don't want to get goon rolled without a chance to complain two times first that they can exist in a bubble of rp that's not on the map. They can character role play or even just role play a multinational company of sorts.

There are quasi-hippy alternatives. I'll tell you though, character role play is not as safe as people think it is. You poke your character's nose out in public and if someone has a beef, consider that nose shot off.

Mostly what I'm ranting about is all the high and mighty claims of superiority through better role playing. Sorry sugar plums, daddy gonna say it right for your tiny brains to comprehend all simple like, but yall poop smells just like poop.

Also

TBM FOR GM in October..

Let's ride this wave of de-regulation all the way to the (what ever latrine the GMs call the whitehouse).

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1348313794' post='3033002']
Quite often, actually.

As for the rest, you know my position on it.
[/quote]

Not really up for any more of your obfuscations tbh, be nice if you just agreed to stop gnawing on your bone, and give it a rest.

Come on people, how many here has seen Kankou's back alley agendas over and over again? How many people here on this thread have been in some private chat with her over how to stick it to one of her eternal enemies?

I mean really...

There is no ooc/ic divide in this game. Only sides to be taken from the cliques that have formed.

I find myself in agreement with Mr TBM, everyone here is human and let us be honest when you get angry/annoyed/furious etc with someone OOC it translates to IC maybe you don't realise at times you are doing it but others you do. I think the sooner we accept OOC effects IC and vice versa the better we can all get along.

Just saying, I already attempted an ODP with Centurius two times, Union chapter IV membership 3 times, though, I don't think I'd do it again.

Just because a problem persists for years doesn't make it right. Slavery persisted since antiquity. The solution was to abolish it, not to encourage it. If you can't keep OOC grievances out of the IC movements, it's crappy RP. Some people might clap their hands in joy, seeing someone rolled, but still, it is far from quality. Cheap entertainment for immature people. If you got an OOC problem, solve it OOCly, IC problems should be solved ICly.

You may say that by nuking Kankous IC nation it somehow should correct that Kankou is causing you OOC annoyance, but till now, I fail to see how any of the people that got pummeled down for OOC reasons ever stopped their OOC ways. Instead, it causes (OOC) grievances, that just cause division in the community and an atmosphere full of negativity.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1348314424' post='3033004']
I find myself in agreement with Mr TBM, everyone here is human and let us be honest when you get angry/annoyed/furious etc with someone OOC it translates to IC maybe you don't realise at times you are doing it but others you do. I think the sooner we accept OOC effects IC and vice versa the better we can all get along.
[/quote]
That is exactly the kind of attitude I fight against now and as long as I'm around.

I am sorry but you all seem to be standing up as if you are holier than thou. You can not and never will be unable to stop OOC influencing IC. people have feelings and emotions and that will effect what they do. If you want people to react nicely or cordially to you IC then be the same to them OOC and in most cases this will be okay. Now you may find the odd person or two who dislikes you or whatever OOC and the best thing to do there is ignore them and leave them alone both IC and OOC and thus most problems would no longer be around.

You can try Kankou but you can't always succeed. hell I am one of the worst known examples for letting OOC cross into IC and we all know that. If you are slightly annoyed with someone it is easier to not allow OOC influences in but if someone really dislikes you then it is hard for them to not allow OOC to influence them. As I have said if people dislike one another OOC then leave each other well alone and then there will be less problems.

Well, I find two faults in such logic. First, surely, no person can perfectly seperate themselves, detach their personal feelings from IC completely. But a good RPer at least tries to. Role play is the art to play a role. Not an art to play yourself. It should be the case that we at least attempt as well as possible to not let the OOC seep through every line of IC we write. Secondly, even if you ignore others, nothing guarantees that they'll ignore you. And already you are confronted with it again.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1348314424' post='3033004']
I think the sooner we accept OOC effects IC and vice versa the better we can all get along.
[/quote]

To be quite honest, I don't have to accept anything, nor does anyone else have to accept this thinking, we roleplay the way we want. Yes, OOC may effect the IC actions of other countries, but I'm not going to let it effect how I conduct my IC actions.

I roleplay my country based off IC actions, not OOC actions of people, hence why I give everyone who reroll anew a chance to do their thing. That's just the way I am, and its the way I [i]will[/i] remain.

Kankou you are quite the person to talk honestly, in Quebec you have made several jabs at people who attacked you in your previous rolls yet Quebec has been pretty much left alone by everyone of them.

I'd say you should look at yourself before going on a moral crusade.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1348310408' post='3032996']
So we should toss out the entire democratic process when the results don't suit us?
[/quote]

Nice job cherry-picking, making a false equivalency, and attempting to be witty and failing miserably by instead being completely irrelevant.