An Announcement from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343941750' post='3017936']
Are you talking about the war that GATO accepted to become a NPO viceroyalty?

Also is easy to stay at war when you have no other option, the hard thing to do is stay at war when you have an easy way out.
[/quote]

Sorry, but that's absolute crap, the expectation was that we'd disband at a time when that's what most people did. And to be honest, the members who stuck it through the war and the Viceroy showed more character and fortitude in that time than you've ever shown, in all your many years of posting whatever you need to in order to make a terrible point.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343943620' post='3017941']
Sorry, but that's absolute crap, the expectation was that we'd disband at a time when that's what most people did. And to be honest, the members who stuck it through the war and the Viceroy showed more character and fortitude in that time than you've ever shown, in all your many years of posting whatever you need to in order to make a terrible point.
[/quote]

We get trolled all the time for our NPO viceroyship. Good stuff, huh? Mad respect for sticking through it. Not too many people can understand what a viceroyship feels like when they haven't been through one.

Edited by Lincongrad

[quote name='Lincongrad' timestamp='1343944798' post='3017945']
We get trolled all the time for our NPO viceroyship. Good stuff, huh? Mad respect for sticking through it. Not too many people can understand what a viceroyship feels like when they haven't been through one.
[/quote]

You guys have been alright by my book, kudos for launching counters with what seems to be good discipline and a will to succeed.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343943620' post='3017941']
[/quote]

Not my fault if you bend over and accepted the viceroyship, indeed most people would disband and that's just because most people sucks, but disbandment is better than slavery while both are still terrible choices when you always can keep fighting, what the worse thing that can happen? Be Zi'ed? Boo hoo! I love my freedom much more than my infra or technology, if your GATO members don't, shame on you. The fact is that your alliance preferred slavery than keep fighting, may be nobody said to you that your alliance had this option or the members were too afraid of lose more infra to think in this possibility, but if you really think that you deserve any respect because your alliance bend over and it's members passively accepted it I have to laugh, a lot.

[quote name='Lincongrad' timestamp='1343936559' post='3017917']
As I understand it we're refusing to exit without the rest of our coalition coming to terms. But I'm not in the negotiating room.

Also I have no problem with GATO being called in. Applying additional pressure during negotiations is perfectly valid.
[/quote]

Please, allies and comrades on the field of The Legion, take note of this man's intellectual post.

No sarcasm intended, this post literally just upped my respect for Legion and their credibility. (Given it's the rest of their side's idiocy that making me really appreciate this entire post, I digress.)

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343947562' post='3017955']
Not my fault if you bend over and accepted the viceroyship, indeed most people would disband and that's just because most people sucks, but disbandment is better than slavery while both are still terrible choices when you always can keep fighting, what the worse thing that can happen? Be Zi'ed? Boo hoo! I love my freedom much more than my infra or technology, if your GATO members don't, shame on you. The fact is that your alliance preferred slavery than keep fighting, may be nobody said to you that your alliance had this option or the members were too afraid of lose more infra to think in this possibility, but if you really think that you deserve any respect because your alliance bend over and it's members passively accepted it I have to laugh, a lot.
[/quote]

Take note folks, in order to garner D34th's respect for your alliance when fighting for your alliance's survival, you need to disband.... Wait, what?

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1343948122' post='3017962']
Take note folks, in order to garner D34th's respect for your alliance when fighting for your alliance's survival, you need to disband.... Wait, what?
[/quote]

I advise you to improve your reading skills as soon as possible.

[/quote]

You have literally no idea what you're talking about, but I'm glad to have your completely uninformed opinion several years on from the matter about what you think is the respectable thing to do. It's almost as if you will say anything to make your point, simply because you can.

The membership of the time persevered and here we are, stronger for it, whereas you are and will ever be a complete mouthbreather who will never see that kind of situation.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343948573' post='3017963']
I advise you to improve your reading skills as soon as possible.
[/quote]

[quote]... but disbandment is better than slavery while both are still terrible choices when you always can keep fighting ... but if you really think that you deserve any respect because your alliance bend over and it's members passively accepted it I have to laugh, a lot.[/quote]

I think I have it covered, thanks anyways though.

Wait... wait.. did I just see Chef Joe defend GATO in this thread?

Welp that completes my list of things I want to see done in CN. It's been a fabulous career with you guys. Time for me to become completely inactive for the next 3 years and then complain about the "glory days" .

Disbandment is better than slavery? Wait what? Look at every AA that has disbanded as a result of being beaten in a war and you will see a pack of cowards. GATO aren't cowards and I think they deserve more respect than most AAs for surviving literally years of defeat and still being around as a considerable political force.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[/quote]

As much I hate that I'm responding to this, D34th, with all due respect, do not speak about a situation you have never been in. I seriously doubt you will ever understand, or care to understand, what went on during that time frame within GATO.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1343947772' post='3017957']
Please, allies and comrades on the field of The Legion, take note of this man's intellectual post.

No sarcasm intended, this post literally just upped my respect for Legion and their credibility. (Given it's the rest of their side's idiocy that making me really appreciate this entire post, I digress.)
[/quote]
Let's face it, vieroyships SUCKED. And NOT in a good way.

And it's awful damned easy to sit in the cheap seats when your membership isn't on the line. [b]Real[/b] leaders do things for the alliance that [b]benefit[/b] the membership, even if it's swallowing your pride and surrendering to viceroyship. Been there, done that. I took voluntary exile when NPO rolled ONOS to cut down on the beatdown time. And we at M*A*S*H kept the backdoor channels open to Legion after Purplegate. So, yeah, I know the routine.

Besides, most of my beefs with GATO were pre-viceroy.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1343950941' post='3017975']
Wait... wait.. did I just see Chef Joe defend GATO in this thread?

Welp that completes my list of things I want to see done in CN. It's been a fabulous career with you guys. Time for me to become completely inactive for the next 3 years and then complain about the "glory days" .
[/quote]

I always aim to please Lanore :blush:

BTW, If you go inactive ill have to start trolling you guys again so imo best keep up your activity levels :P

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343948845' post='3017966']
You have literally no idea what you're talking about, but I'm glad to have your completely uninformed opinion several years on from the matter about what you think is the respectable thing to do. It's almost as if you will say anything to make your point, simply because you can.

The membership of the time persevered and here we are, stronger for it, whereas you are and will ever be a complete mouthbreather who will never see that kind of situation.
[/quote]

I feel this is what you tell yourself to be able to sleep at night, but I don't need to be in the same situation to know what I should do, and belive me or not, I (belive your or not) would not stay or accept to be in alliance who bend over when facing ridiculous peace terms.

I'm sure we're all jolly impressed with your macho swagger there, Mr. D34th. But when you have to take grown-up decisions in the interests of your community, when you have to actually demonstrate leadership rather than snide, semi-nonsensical commentary, then I'm sure we'll all be willing to judge ourselves according to whether or not you approve of us.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343969171' post='3018043']
I'm sure we're all jolly impressed with your macho swagger there, Mr. D34th. But when you have to take grown-up decisions in the interests of your community, when you have to actually demonstrate leadership rather than snide, semi-nonsensical commentary, then I'm sure we'll all be willing to judge ourselves according to whether or not you approve of us.
[/quote]

Grown-up decision that include: abandon allies, ignore treaties and just defend the winning side Mr. Pingu? So I'll always prefer to take infantile decisions, thank you.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343966380' post='3018032']
I feel this is what you tell yourself to be able to sleep at night, but I don't need to be in the same situation to know what I should do, and belive me or not, I (belive your or not) would not stay or accept to be in alliance who bend over when facing ridiculous peace terms.
[/quote]

I always see you talking smack but I never see any action.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343970902' post='3018049']
Have you ever done anything at all apart from froth at the mouth? Ever?
[/quote]

I've done many things, thank you for your interest.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1343970907' post='3018050']
I see a lot of talk but no action.
[/quote]

So I advise you to pay more attention and talk less then.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343970902' post='3018049']
Have you ever done anything at all apart from froth at the mouth? Ever?
[/quote]
His accomplishments shouldn't be in question. He's been a valuable contributor for a while, and his support for Vox was very helpful, at a time when openly supporting us had consequences.

Death, at least, is not afraid to speak his mind. You've changed sides so many times that I don't think you can rattle others on accomplishments.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1343971511' post='3018056']
My bad, I have been too busy fighting the war you have been preaching about from your oh so safe pulpit.
[/quote]

So because I'm not taking part in this war you think I'm just talk? :laugh:

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1343972023' post='3018057']
Death, at least, is not afraid to speak his mind. You've changed sides so many times that I don't think you can rattle others on accomplishments.
[/quote]

What are you blithering about? I have been loyal to ODN since February 2006. I haven't 'changed sides' once.

D34th speaking his mind is the problem - we all get to see the vacuity in there.