An Announcement from The Resistance

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1340569592' post='2994701']
Not only is this post ironic but it reeks of hypocrisy. Your alliance is a series of FA blunders from day 1 which all of your allies and friends have been warning you about yet you pay no heed to them. How about you fix your own alliance before trying to tell me what to do with mine?
[/quote]

KD, from day one I thought you were a blow-hard. Oh, Ernie and Rand would stick up for you... but you're a bag of wind dude. Something I want to pop because of the funny noise it will make. The Apparatus is by no means perfect, but to say we've made FA "blunders" -- please explain them. Or was leaving a bloc no one had ever heard of before we left it a "blunder"? lol.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340573166' post='2994742']
Phaedron is nothing but a suck-up. He tried to get me to be nicer to MHA's tri (the one I'm actually on friendly terms with, even) so that he could try to get a "thing" going between App and MHA or whatever it was.
[/quote]

Go actually have a talk with JRV about me, and then firmly remove your head from your nether regions, thanks. This post has as little basis in reality as nearly any I've seen involving me at least.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1340607031' post='2995632']
Go actually have a talk with JRV about me, and then firmly remove your head from your nether regions, thanks. This post has as little basis in reality as nearly any I've seen involving me at least.
[/quote]
Remind me where I said it was JRV? And are you actually denying that you queried me asking if I could be [i]just a tad nicer[/i] and my response was "I'm just !@#$@#$ with her, we're cool"

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340607373' post='2995636']
Remind me where I said it was JRV? And are you actually denying that you queried me asking if I could be [i]just a tad nicer[/i] and my response was "I'm just !@#$@#$ with her, we're cool"
[/quote]

Only knew it was JRV because the only other trium I was close with was Doc, and he's out of office now. Also, I read minds. Dur.

Glad you remembered that 5 seconds of our shared lives before now. Not so much on my end.

After reading all of the posts, the true government of The RESISTANCE has the following responses:
[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1340476027' post='2993709']
When The Resistance quietly disbanded, the United Earth Directorate 2.0 hijacked the AA with its dozen or so nations left. One remaining tR member protested, but it was pretty much a one-sided merge to snatch up a dozen inactive nations for King Chill. I think only INT kept their treaty with them after that since INT was already allied/protector of The UED.
[/quote]
This is almost correct...1. it was my idea, and 2. 1 guy was doing a pukefully poor job of reviving tR, so we decided we'd help. By taking them over. It worked beautifully! We figured NPL wouldn't work the same way, so we tried a different tactic...
[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1340510432' post='2994124']
And I see King Death has already ran to the International and organised a wave of Int members to ghost tR and try and bail him out.
seriously KD? Its not even been a day are you really admiting things are this bad for you already? :huh:
[/quote]
1. Why are you blaming this on KD, 2. What makes you think this wasn't the plan from the beginning?
[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1340575177' post='2994755']
Love you App :wub:
[/quote]
Love you App :wub:
[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1340452388' post='2993492']
Yeah.. you are literally an alliance so inactive that ghosts took over.. somehow i doubt NPL will need much help.
[/quote]
I'm quite surprised someone knows how we took over :ph34r:

and most importantly :
[quote name='Broughto' timestamp='1340441096' post='2993455']
Peace talks already? D: But I was just starting to have fun!
[/quote]
Have you ever heard of "tech raid-PM for peace"? This isn't a tech raid by any means, but we thought it commonplace to have a friendly gesture of peace talks if desired. I'm surprised you've never heard of this! I'm guessing YOUR alliance is just rude.

To the Uncouth masses, I have only to say that the civilized always allow an opportunity to communicate. Whereas we offered the PEACE, NPL has chosen THE RESISTANCE.

RI=V. Our current conflict will soon move to voltage. You have been warned, Bob.
-zig

[quote name='zigbigadorlou' timestamp='1340640899' post='2995927']Have you ever heard of "tech raid-PM for peace"? This isn't a tech raid by any means, but we thought it commonplace to have a friendly gesture of peace talks if desired. I'm surprised you've never heard of this! I'm guessing YOUR alliance is just rude.

To the Uncouth masses, I have only to say that the civilized always allow an opportunity to communicate. Whereas we offered the PEACE, NPL has chosen THE RESISTANCE.[/quote]

[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg[/img]

When one is the attacker, one does not try to claim the peace mantle.

Edited by Houston

[quote name='zigbigadorlou' timestamp='1340640899' post='2995927']
peace talks if desired.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=The%20Resistance"]Its looks like they may be required real soon. You've already lost 5% of your NS.[/url]

After reading all of the posts, the true government of The RESISTANCE has the following responses:

This is almost correct...1. it was my idea, and 2. 1 guy was doing a pukefully poor job of reviving tR, so we decided we'd help. By taking them over. It worked beautifully! We figured NPL wouldn't work the same way, so we tried a different tactic...

[/quote]

We were already approached by your diplomat about a month ago asking if we were interested in some grand merger project you had in mind and we were very polite about it... thanks but no thanks.

That's pretty much where the reasonably sane would leave it.... but If I'm reading you right you actually sat down and deliberetly planned a war against us as a tactic to get us to merge with you?

Now I've seen some half baked merger attempts in my time but that one my friend is a classic :facepalm:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1340656024' post='2996127']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=The%20Resistance"]Its looks like they may be required real soon. You've already lost 5% of your NS.[/url]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://images2.makefive.com/images/entertainment/culture/top-5-nerds/urkel-7.jpg[/img]

[size="7"]Did I do that? -NPL[/size]

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1340429697' post='2993318']
The Resistance was a lifeless, former-LEO alliance that KDII merged into and hijacked a little while back.

Given his past exploits, I'm surprised something this stupid hasn't happened sooner. Should be fun for all involved!
[/quote]

The Resistance disbanded and merged into GOONS. This KD dude hopped over and formed an alliance out of the people who couldn't be bothered to read a disbandment notice. I'm sure they're formidible.

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1340435807' post='2993398']
Doubtable, you have to be [size="5"][u][i][b]REALLY[/b][/i][/u][/size] bad to want peace already.
[/quote]

I have no doubt they're THAT bad.

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1340445940' post='2993468']
Is this the LEO Resistance? O_o
[/quote]

I don't think you can compare the two. More like the shuffling corpse of the original.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1340467711' post='2993608']
And to think tR used to be a good alliance. Oh well. Good luck.
[/quote]

The best!

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1340476027' post='2993709']
When The Resistance quietly disbanded, the United Earth Directorate 2.0 hijacked the AA with its dozen or so nations left. One remaining tR member protested, but it was pretty much a one-sided merge to snatch up a dozen inactive nations for King Chill. I think only INT kept their treaty with them after that since INT was already allied/protector of The UED.
[/quote]

And why they did that, I will never understand.

Have you ever heard of "tech raid-PM for peace"? This isn't a tech raid by any means, but we thought it commonplace to have a friendly gesture of peace talks if desired. I'm surprised you've never heard of this! I'm guessing YOUR alliance is just rude.
[/quote]
Wha-huh?

I thought the whole grounds for this was to see if SF would "defend" us. If your whole aim was to hit, and then quickly seek peace, how does this serve the ends of hitting and seeing if you could hit hard enough, for long enough, to invoke a defensive move by SF?

Can you keep your story straight for even a day?

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1340685067' post='2996638']
Wha-huh?

I thought the whole grounds for this was to see if SF would "defend" us. If your whole aim was to hit, and then quickly seek peace, how does this serve the ends of hitting and seeing if you could hit hard enough, for long enough, to invoke a defensive move by SF?

Can you keep your story straight for even a day?
[/quote]

1 day seems to be their limit.

[quote name='Steve' timestamp='1340690657' post='2996924']
1 day seems to be their limit.
[/quote]

That doesn't seem to be their only limit: [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=The Resistance"]NPL: CN's Parking Lot![/url]

In all seriousness, I must say that the few tR members I've chatted with show good loyalty to their alliance.

tR leadership should be ashamed for drawing their members into a conflict with no real purpose, against a well prepared and experienced enemy.

The predictable result is the grind down of the rank and file of the alliance. This lack of concern for their members is reprehensible on the part of tR gov.

I applaud those tR nations that continue to fight on their way to ZI even though they have been offered the option of an honorable individual surrender.

o/ non-gov members of tR (more meat for the grinder)

[quote name='Steve' timestamp='1340729765' post='2997341']
I applaud those tR nations that continue to fight on their way to ZI even though they have been offered the option of [b]an honorable individual surrender.[/b]
[/quote]
I didn't realize NPL (or anyone, even) considered abandoning one's alliance to be an "honorable" move.

To each their own I suppose.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1340663977' post='2996232']
We were already approached by your diplomat about a month ago asking if we were interested in some grand merger project you had in mind and we were very polite about it... thanks but no thanks.

That's pretty much where the reasonably sane would leave it.... but If I'm reading you right you actually sat down and deliberetly planned a war against us as a tactic to get us to merge with you?
[/quote]
The merger fell apart almost as soon as the NPL was informed, thus that had no bearing on the decision to go to war with you.

If that was the case however KDII would have pushed for an attack on someone else that probably would have ended a bit more disastrously...

[quote name='PorkPotPie' timestamp='1340734016' post='2997399']
KDII would have pushed for an attack on someone else that probably would have ended a bit more disastrously...
[/quote]

Judging from the charts, I'm not sure how it could have been more disastrous for tR. Well, I guess it will be more so the longer this carries on.

[quote name='Steve' timestamp='1340729765' post='2997341']
In all seriousness, I must say that the few tR members I've chatted with show good loyalty to their alliance.

tR leadership should be ashamed for drawing their members into a conflict with no real purpose, against a well prepared and experienced enemy.

The predictable result is the grind down of the rank and file of the alliance. This lack of concern for their members is reprehensible on the part of tR gov.

I applaud those tR nations that continue to fight on their way to ZI even though they have been offered the option of an honorable individual surrender.

o/ non-gov members of tR (more meat for the grinder)
[/quote]
[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1340656024' post='2996127']
[/quote]
If you looked at my nation, a governmental nation, you'd see that I, having been at 4k infra and a few million away from getting nukes, have lost half of my infra within these three days. To think we are throwing our pawns away is insulting. They are loyal for a reason.

Many of you see OP and my responses and are confused, both as to why we started the war and why I offered peace to begin with. I promise you, this will become clear soon.

Also, King Wally: I did say something to the effect that you were our crush, and sometimes you need to tease a girl and get beat up by her to have her pay attention...that was my words only. While merging with you would be epic in my opinion (since you guys {nuclearly} seem to stand for what I've wanted to see for ages), that is only MY opinion. All past merger attempts have failed, so for the time being, we have given up on that front. :nuke:

[quote name='zigbigadorlou' timestamp='1340754690' post='2997635']
If you looked at my nation, a governmental nation, you'd see that I, having been at 4k infra and a few million away from getting nukes, have lost half of my infra within these three days. To think we are throwing our pawns away is insulting. They are loyal for a reason.

Many of you see OP and my responses and are confused, both as to why we started the war and why I offered peace to begin with. I promise you, this will become clear soon.

Also, King Wally: I did say something to the effect that you were our crush, and sometimes you need to tease a girl and get beat up by her to have her pay attention...that was my words only. While merging with you would be epic in my opinion (since you guys {nuclearly} seem to stand for what I've wanted to see for ages), that is only MY opinion. All past merger attempts have failed, so for the time being, we have given up on that front. :nuke:
[/quote]

I knew you were just a tease! I knew it!