Völuspá

Tibus Heth

They had been trekking through the dense foliage and jungle for days on end, and though they had brought rations with them they hadn't packed enough. The rainstorm that came on the second day, flooded the region and washed away the signage pointing the way back to Caracas, so the expedition team was lost. Dr. Erik Selvig, Darcy Lewis and Jane Foster has come into the jungle searching for ruins of a rumored lost Norse settlement dating back over a thousand years. Though they had discovered more rain than any of them had thought imaginable, even as it continued to pour down.

"[i]I am sick of this rain![/i] Jane said as she followed Erik through yet more underbrush, hacking and slashing as she went. They all carried machetes to help make the travel somewhat more manageable.

"[i]Yes, we know. That is about the fourth time you've said it in the last half hour[/i]" Erik replied, turning his head back to smirk. Selvig was not generally accustomed to long field expeditions. In his youth, it was all he knew, but now his work was mostly academic.

They continued on further for perhaps another hour and a half, and then something peculiar happened. All throughout the day, the sky had been covered with dark clouds, and overcast. As they ventured out into a clearing, not only did they discover that the sky had suddenly cleared up, but that they stood in a clearing. In the clearing, perhaps a good mile in all directions though they could not be sure, stood a giant white stone citadel. Gleaming in the new found sunlight, a ridge separated the citadel on all sides, as if it were a moat. The group stood in awe of thew sight, and Erik dropped his machete in disbelief.

"[i]This is it! It has to be![/i]" He exclaimed.

"[i]These ruins must be ancient. More than a thousand years old. How could something like this not be discovered?![/i]" Jane said, not believing her eyes. The group moved closer towards the edge of the ridge, and looked down. Below it was, and they knew it was impossible, but it appeared as [i]clouds[/i]. As if the very sky above stood beneath them all on the ridge. Erik took a stone and tossed it into the chasm and it fell, and fell and fell until he lost sight of it.

"[i]I see no way across...[/i]" Darcy said disappointed. The group walked toward a set of stone steps at the end of which, was a rainbow stretching to the other side of the ridge, and another set of steps leading towards the entrance of the citadel. Almost as if it were a bridge to heaven.

"[i]I'm feeling lucky today...[/i]" Erik said to himself. He picked up another stone and tossed it into the air and it landed solidly on the bridge with a loud clatter. Amazed, the group slowly took their steps lightly onto the rainbow bridge itself, not believing their eyes once more. They walked slowly and deliberately across the bridge, and as they reached the other side, they met a man in golden armor whom they did not notice before. He barred their entrance into the citadel, speaking with a booming voice as if it were all around them.

"[i]HALT! I AM HEIMDALLR, GATEKEEPER AND MESSENGER OF THE GODS! WHO TREADS UPON THE BIFROST AND ENTERS THE CITY OF ASGARD?[/i]"

Looking towards each other in stunned surprise, it was Erik who knew precisely who this man was. In his youth his mother once told him tales of the ancient gods and goddesses in Norse Mythology. One of them, this Heimdallr, was among those he was familiar with. He figured he ought to play along, and show the proper respect owed to a God.

"[i]Great Heimdallr, we are humans, and we are explorers. We have come to seek knowledge from this city and hope to share it with others. Will you allow us to pass?[/i]" Erik said, bowing and urging the others to bow as well.

Heimdallr passed his stern gaze upon them and laughed heartily.

"[i]YOU MAY PASS, BUT TREAD LIGHTLY! THE GODS HAVE NOT BEEN VISITED IN MANY GENERATIONS! THEY HAVE GROWN...BORED...[/i]" Heimdallr said and he stood aside to let the group enter.

As they made their way through the city, they noticed that humans actually lived among them inside the city itself. Though Erik doubted they were actually humans, and not the souls of ancient norseman from long ago, he still marveled at the similarities between medieval europe and the citadel's agricultural and artisan like culture. They were not a destitute people, but rather a proud and cultured citizenry capable of crafting fine armor, weapons, tools and clothing.

They reached the doors of a large hall, and as the group walked through they all were shocked to see the sight inside. Dancing, drinking, and merriment of all sorts were taking place at nearly a dozen tables. At these tables were figures Erik knew were from his stories and others were among those he could not readily placed. A one eyed, aged bear of a "man" sat atop a golden throne at the end of the room, peering at the group as they entered. Another man to the groups right was sitting atop a statue of a hammer-wielding man, jauntily, wearing a crooked grin upon his face. His head was adorned by a helmet with two long looping horns and a staff was held in his hand. Surely, the statue was of Thor and the man was his step-brother, Loki.

A hearty laugh from the other side of the room displayed the real Thor as he had handily beat another god in a challenge of strength and courage. He noticed the group immediately, and leapt upon the tables, and came to meet them.

"[i]WELCOME, SONS OF MIDGARD! WE HAVE NOT HAVE TRAVELERS IN MANY TIMES! YOU MUST ENTERTAIN YOUR GODS WITH TALES OF BATTLE AND GLORY. COME, DRINK![/i]"

The group paused and looked at one another in disbelief. They expected [i]entertainment[/i]? As all powerful beings, they needed, nay, craved, human entertainment? That was something the group certainly lacked. They knelt before the God Thor, and spoke carefully.

"[i]Forgive us, mighty Thor,[/i]" Selvig said.

"[i]We do not have stories to share and we must depart soon. We have come to learn of your existence and we must share it with our elders, so that others may come and share these stories with you. To honor you"[/i]" Erik finished.

Thor frowned, and paused for a moment. Turning away, his fist clenched.

"[i]YOU WILL RETURN TO YOUR ELDERS! YOU WILL SEND OTHERS, OTHERS WITH TALES TO ENTERTAIN US!.[/i]"

The man atop the golden throne stood quietly during this, and approached.

"[i]WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU TO YOUR HOME. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THOSE SUCH AS YOURSELVES TO AWAKEN US TO MIDGARD'S READINESS TO KNOW OF OUR EXISTENCE. NOW, GO![/i]"

The group was wisked away in a flash of light back to the airport and their research outpost on the outskirts of the jungle. They arrived in a daze, and made a hasty report to the expedition's funders and university dean. Disbelieving, they were soon believers as the booming voice of Thor resonated, seemingly all over the globe at once. All of Midgard heard the voice in the sky, as it spoke.

"[i]COME TO ME, CITIZENS OF MIDGARD! ENTERTAIN US WITH STORIES OF GLORY AND WISDOM! WE WILL SHARE WITH YOU OUR WISDOM AND INVITE YOU TO LIVE AMONGST THE GODS IN VALHALLA. BUT BE WARNED; WE WILL NOT SHARE OUR POWERS WITH LESSER BEINGS, NOR BE INVOLVED IN YOUR PETTY CONFLICTS. WE AWAIT YOUR FELLOWSHIP!"[/i]

Edited by Tibus Heth

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1337127515' post='2967872']
"First frogs overlords now kraut overlords... really we gotta clone Chavez." Jia commented privately.
[/quote]

Having a random meeting with Jia, Prime Minister Giang Seo Hue suggested that Asians really needed to start being overlords instead of the Europeans. After all, it was a popularity contest.

[b]Classified[/b]

Umbrella Civil Protection Forces were raised to a higher alert in Venezuela than normal, this group seeking independance were not of native origin. The possibility for civil unrest was very high so to curb the threat of rioting and bloodshed a curfew was put in place between 7am and 10pm. Public rallys were banned and arrest warrents for those involved with the movement were issued.

[b]Public[/b]
The Umbrella Commonwealth does not support this movement and will use force if required to remove its presence. The Commonwealth is more than happy to allow its constituant countries to be free, providing free and fair elections are held before Independance is officially granted. These elections must be overseen by Umbrella Officials to ensure no foul play is being undertaken. We would however prefer to see a native Government take the mantle of Venezuela.

[quote name='Tibus Heth' timestamp='1337260763' post='2968614']
OOC: Wow. You can have your land back. I put a lot of time and thought into my post. Guess that ain't good enough. Have fun with your group.
[/quote]

OOC
I didnt think you were going to start banging out ancient scandanavian gods in South America mate. Theres nothing to say that during the elections the people WANT that paticular party/group to be incharge. I dont mind you RPing what your doing, but after Evangalines silly French thing that went down a few months ago in the same region, ICly my Government is wary of non natives trying to claim independance. But if its done through a fair election... its fine :)

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1337267034' post='2968657']
OOC: I thought all Nords stuck together? Nice job everyone.
[/quote]

OOC: They may, but you've thought people were nords who really never were. The last gasps of the silver revolution were extinguished in Sweden. Anyways this is a fair IC criticism, and btw entirely consistent with my character's mockery of norse pagans in Europe as well.

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1337266694' post='2968652']
OOC: Good job, drive another well-writing newcomer away, everyone : /
[/quote]

OOC: Precisely my thinking. I hope this place becomes a barren forum where few people even bother to post. Enjoy your cesspool.

OOC:

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20586105.jpg[/img]

There are plenty of land in NA, particularly Quebec, if you want some, Tibus Heth.

Edit: If you want Quebec or other nearby land, I'm sure me and Ty (Californian) will be willing to give you some, if you want.

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: I dont see how Zoot is wrong, Asgaard in Venezuela? Thats a bit much, I know you just watched the Avengers but try a more relevant RP, or something you can get away with like a large immigration. There is plenty of land in NA and Asia. Good luck.

IC: The president was concerned of the civil unrest that could ensue if this government were to take power.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1337327046' post='2969030']
OOC: I dont see how Zoot is wrong, Asgaard in Venezuela? Thats a bit much, I know you just watched the Avengers but try a more relevant RP, or something you can get away with like a large immigration. There is plenty of land in NA and Asia. Good luck.
[/quote]
[b]OOC: [/b]Timelords in Brazil. Could you please be less of a hypocrite?

OOC: Tibus, read what Zoot is saying. He has no issues with you having these leaders. ICly his nation wants a fair election, [i]where they could be elected in to office[/i]. This doesn't discount your current RP. Remember, things that are IC are not against you.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1337275079' post='2968703']
OOC: They may, but you've thought people were nords who really never were. The last gasps of the silver revolution were extinguished in Sweden. Anyways this is a fair IC criticism, and btw entirely consistent with my character's mockery of norse pagans in Europe as well.
[/quote]

OOC: There's a difference between Nords and nords. You just don't know which type i'm referring to.

In any case, sad to see you go Tiberius... there is lots of land in Africa if you'd like. I won't be desecrating this tombstone any longer.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1337341220' post='2969068']
[b]OOC: [/b]Timelords in Brazil. Could you please be less of a hypocrite?
[/quote]

OOC: OOC in a thread after telling people not to do OOC? Can you be less of a hypocrite? Also that was their title, not a racial classification

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1337348589' post='2969078']
OOC: There's a difference between Nords and nords. You just don't know which type i'm referring to.

In any case, sad to see you go Tiberius... there is lots of land in Africa if you'd like. I won't be desecrating this tombstone any longer.
[/quote]

OOC: Plenty of room in Africa, but not nearly enough for any Nords. And honestly, I'd rather have someone like Ishabad around than Tibus. At least Ishabad for all his.. umm... faults?.. At least he doesn't give up so easily when he doesn't get his way.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

ooc: no, I'm not at all comparing him to Ish in terms of writing ability, but a good writer alone does not make a good rper. You gotta have balls, spirit, and acceptance that not everything goes your way. What I'm also saying is that I like Ish more because he never gave up so easily, mind you, Ishabad is an incoherent loon at the best of times, but he didn't give up easily. Tibus hit one snag and ran away with all his toys. Don't let the door hit him on the way out is all I got for him.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1337350303' post='2969082']
OOC: OOC in a thread after telling people not to do OOC? Can you be less of a hypocrite? Also that was their title, not a racial classification
[/quote]
[b]OOC:[/b] Your people were hardly Brazilean. About as Brazilean as these are Nordic.

OOC: Tiny Bowl Man, It has nothing to do with acceptance of things that go my way. Absolutely nothing, on at least two or three occasions, has "gone my way". If it were only so simple, I would be happy to stay! Ha! But no, actually what has transpired, is a gross disrespectful attitude towards someone who is new to CNRP, and trying to learn the ropes and fit in. As a community, I don't expect anyone to bend over backwards. But I do expect people to not outright troll and flame every post or thread I make, about any subject. It's ridiculous to even defend this sort of action.

To those that have asked me to stay, and offered lands, I do appreciate it. However I have zero interest in continuing CNRP, for obvious reasons. Thank your friends.