WAPA and the Warriors go to WAR!

Clash

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1324656481' post='2884888']
I have a very comprehensive understanding of game mechanics.

I was just very surprised as to how you failed to anarchy me, considering the very sizable advantage you hold, you know, fighting somebody who is 1/2 your strength, who isn't presently capable of being online at update, etc.

Don't take this as whining, as I don't mind, but considering your failure to anarchy my nation (although I must admit, you did come very close), I can understand why you didn't attack targets closer to your own size.
[/quote]

It's explained in the post you quoted, anarchying you would only have been possible with the game mechanics if i had destroyed less of your infra or called someone else in, neither of which i intended to do

Do not fret however, over your lack of knowledge, for every piece of infra destroyed by me i shall endeavour to repay it with the knowledge of your errors,

I shall free you from your bonds of ignorance so that you may one day become the warrior that i am.

Duckroll marches ever forward to prevent tW from the pitfall of complacency

Fear not, for we shall save you from your failues o7

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1324634541' post='2884749']
I highly doubt that it is Laz's alliance. It's just away for you to hide guys and avoid war. For all the stomps you guys put on people and all the touting about not caring about stats you guys really throw them around when they can help you gain an inch or two politically. If tW is the awful alliance that so many in DR seem to think and if DR is as great as you guys seem to think you should be fine. As for nuke count goes im guessing they had you 65ish to 10ish RE had us 75 to 2. If your as great as you say you guys should be fine.
[/quote]

You had more then 2, in fact initially you guys had 10 but people through out the war boosted to buy nukes anyways.

Holy hells this thread puffed up since I last posted in it.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1324609993' post='2884469']Can you list this "even after all the crap they have pulled"? This includes stomps/spying (if you have actual proof of it), I want to see how long this list of offenses.[/quote]
I've already listed a fraction of it silly, and I don't have the real time to waste looking it ALL up. That would take quite a while. One of my faves was the DR/G6/RE hugeee down-declare on LE/DF/THP that one time, especially bad considering the latter two were still in alliance wars at the time. I'm glad you guys don't pull the crap you used to tho. RE really have gotten better, even if you personally are still confusion's pet dancing monkey. Monkey or puppy? Pick one, you can decide.

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1324611624' post='2884488']How many rounds ago was that Clash? That was like DRs first flag chase attempt when we thought a few of your nations were shooting to far ahead of us for our liking. I concede now that they were never a intentional threat, but in our first attempt we were still learning.
[...]
Maybe we were playing mind games? Or just proving that it was a unnecessary move to bring in WAPA.[/quote]
Hinting that we have EVER done flag-chasing just hurts your cred even more, steve.
No one will ever believe that fish story.

That wasn't even the one I was talking about, but thanks for pointing out that you do it all the time. The one I meant was where your boy nuclear rogued our top 3 nations during an RE war, then again later on when we hit TPC in a pretty big up-declare where they had 10 top tier nations to our 4. No flags were involved, just spite. That was the time ATroll had someone suckerpunch us anyways after we hit, in revenge for their ass-whippin' earlier in the round. At least he's quit lying-n-denying it these days, now he takes pride in his poor gamesmanship. Confusion OF COURSE also rogued us, as he has so many times in the past. Ah memories, they all rub together after a while.

Meh I figured DR would have nations lying around to jump in. Not that they would have an extra 40k lying around of course lol. They always do got nations in the weeds however, which is why you have to figure that into any attack on them. Might start as an down-declare, but it doesn't end that way. Flashdude has been a designated rogue for a good many rounds now. Interesting that you stick to the latter point in spite of them tho. They alone make this a fairly big updeclare in the top tier, where we started out right about even. Y'all had a lot more infra than us even going in. Those extra smaller nations that we have, that don't matter at all in this war, mean very little except NS padding. So, enough of the crying about this being a down-declare, it's not anymore.

In hindsight my biggest mistake was not including Laz originally, he had snuck away by the time I was making the target lists lol. Next time I come for you myself, old man. Imma drop you like a zucchini at a weight watcher's ice cream social. I am beating the hell out of everyone I am fighting, everyone gets a nuke, gas, bombs and cms every day. I've killed far more infra than I have had destroyed. I love the warring, hate the politics. Easy 95% of everyone are all going to be pretty much deadish when all this is over. Good times to be had by all!

/wall o' text

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1324661340' post='2884934']
Holy hells this thread puffed up since I last posted in it.

I've already listed a fraction of it silly, and I don't have the real time to waste looking it ALL up. That would take quite a while. One of my faves was the DR/G6/RE hugeee down-declare on LE/DF/THP that one time, especially bad considering the latter two were still in alliance wars at the time. I'm glad you guys don't pull the crap you used to tho. RE really have gotten better, even if you personally are still confusion's pet dancing monkey. Monkey or puppy? Pick one, you can decide.
[/quote]

Mhm, We were rolled for that if you remember or not, I would consider that to be payed up. No real need to keep bringing something up that has long been payed for.

Also $%&@ you, as I have told pretty much everyone else I'm not doing this for anyone but myself, I do enjoy the conversation B-)

EDIT

I missed this...

[quote]That wasn't even the one I was talking about, but thanks for pointing out that you do it all the time. The one I meant was where your boy nuclear rogued our top 3 nations during an RE war, then again later on when we hit TPC in a pretty big up-declare where they had 10 top tier nations to our 4. No flags were involved, just spite. That was the time ATroll had someone suckerpunch us anyways after we hit, in revenge for their ass-whippin' earlier in the round. At least he's quit lying-n-denying it these days, now he takes pride in his poor gamesmanship. Confusion OF COURSE also rogued us, as he has so many times in the past. Ah memories, they all rub together after a while.[/quote]

[quote]ATroll[/quote]

Is that my new name?? I do like this..

[quote]At least he's quit lying-n-denying it these days, now he takes pride in his poor gamesmanship.[/quote]

Poor gamesmanship? No, as far as "the game" goes and it being a war/political simulator I think I have always done fairly well..

Also when we talked I simply stated that I was proud of our (RE) history because of where it has gotten us, if I wasn't proud of it why would I still be in it after so long? In fact the [u]only[/u] thing I will ever regret is including PS when we attacked OP a while ago, never anything against you :smug:

Edited by ADude

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1324656386' post='2884887']
no funny business occurred, i joined DR before the truce, and Seraph has not engaged a single nation and will definately not do so
[/quote]

Nope, no funny business here, Seraph has not engaged a single nation but Seraph has just sent nations into DR to engage nations :smug:

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1324634541' post='2884749']
I highly doubt that it is Laz's alliance. It's just away for you to hide guys and avoid war. For all the stomps you guys put on people and all the touting about not caring about stats you guys really throw them around when they can help you gain an inch or two politically. If tW is the awful alliance that so many in DR seem to think and if DR is as great as you guys seem to think you should be fine. As for nuke count goes im guessing they had you 65ish to 10ish RE had us 75 to 2. If your as great as you say you guys should be fine.
[/quote]
Not sure on your numbers, but RE attacked you with a nuke advantage, that was pretty much it.
tW and WAPA came with not only the Nuke advantage but a very big NS advantage. 190k to 260k or something. Also a very big member number advantage.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1324656069' post='2884884']
Just no more funny business during the truce.
[/quote]
Oh clear off Paul. Laz was in DR 2 days before tW hit, and all the other guys have been sitting on none doing nothing as trade mules. They are still our nations, and we are defending ourselves.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1324661340' post='2884934']
Hinting that we have EVER done flag-chasing just hurts your cred even more, steve.
No one will ever believe that fish story.

That wasn't even the one I was talking about, but thanks for pointing out that you do it all the time. The one I meant was where your boy nuclear rogued our top 3 nations during an RE war, then again later on when we hit TPC in a pretty big up-declare where they had 10 top tier nations to our 4. No flags were involved, just spite. That was the time ATroll had someone suckerpunch us anyways after we hit, in revenge for their ass-whippin' earlier in the round. At least he's quit lying-n-denying it these days, now he takes pride in his poor gamesmanship. Confusion OF COURSE also rogued us, as he has so many times in the past. Ah memories, they all rub together after a while.

Meh I figured DR would have nations lying around to jump in. Not that they would have an extra 40k lying around of course lol. They always do got nations in the weeds however, which is why you have to figure that into any attack on them. Might start as an down-declare, but it doesn't end that way. Flashdude has been a designated rogue for a good many rounds now. Interesting that you stick to the latter point in spite of them tho. They alone make this a fairly big updeclare in the top tier, where we started out right about even. Y'all had a lot more infra than us even going in. Those extra smaller nations that we have, that don't matter at all in this war, mean very little except NS padding. So, enough of the crying about this being a down-declare, it's not anymore.

In hindsight my biggest mistake was not including Laz originally, he had snuck away by the time I was making the target lists lol. Next time I come for you myself, old man. Imma drop you like a zucchini at a weight watcher's ice cream social. I am beating the hell out of everyone I am fighting, everyone gets a nuke, gas, bombs and cms every day. I've killed far more infra than I have had destroyed. I love the warring, hate the politics. Easy 95% of everyone are all going to be pretty much deadish when all this is over. Good times to be had by all!

/wall o' text
[/quote]

I wasnt hinting you were flag running silly, I was merely saying that we got it wrong that round. Also, these rouges that hit you, they were from DR? I dont remember most of that, or maybe I was busy with other stuff.

As I said before, we didnt have nations waiting to jump in. We only called on them after your ridiculous attempt at stomping us into the ground just before the cease fire period.

And you still have plenty more NS then us, the key here was the timing of our guys coming in (you referred to the case with laz) with most of you already in anarchy. We dont have many nukes, or many 5% nations, so we have to be smart about it.

Yeah, with a nukes and coordinated GAs its not hard to put out a lot of damage. Ive still been winning(and drawing :P) my GAs on you. Now though, most of us are out of 5% and battered down to below 1k infra. We wouldnt stand a chance if it weren't for our recent additions.

Think of it this way, we are actually providing you with a decent war. And perhaps taking some steam out of our plans for revenge :P. We do hold grudges, and its the only thing that makes this game interesting.

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1324663724' post='2884952']I wasnt hinting you were flag running silly, I was merely saying that we got it wrong that round. Also, these rouges that hit you, they were from DR? I dont remember most of that, or maybe I was busy with other stuff.

As I said before, we didnt have nations waiting to jump in. We only called on them after your ridiculous attempt at stomping us into the ground just before the cease fire period.

And you still have plenty more NS then us, the key here was the timing of our guys coming in (you referred to the case with laz) with most of you already in anarchy. We dont have many nukes, or many 5% nations, so we have to be smart about it.

Yeah, with a nukes and coordinated GAs its not hard to put out a lot of damage. Ive still been winning(and drawing :P) my GAs on you. Now though, most of us are out of 5% and battered down to below 1k infra. We wouldnt stand a chance if it weren't for our recent additions.

Think of it this way, we are actually providing you with a decent war. And perhaps taking some steam out of our plans for revenge :P. We do hold grudges, and its the only thing that makes this game interesting.[/quote]
Ah well that one was a while back, AD'oh remembers lol.

It really wasn't ever going to be a complete stomp, that crap has been wayyy over-played. WAPA had exactly two nations I wanted to even out the top tier, plus that bad-assed fighting spirit of theirs. Combined, we had a lot of nations who weren't even going to be able to fight in this one. You guys actually had more nations in the top 5% than we did at war's start, you just weren't using them to buy nukes. We also got off to a great start on taking away the nukes you did buy during that quick prewar build-up of yours. That's the edge in infra I mentioned and the biggest difference in prewar alliance compositions - more of our ns was nukes and more of yours was infra. I think we've destroyed more infra than you have so far but you probably still have more left lol.

Oh that draw was just ridiculous.
How the heck can we stack up the dead with that crap going on? Pfft.

I think we are providing each other with a decent war. Look how long this stupid thread is already. ADon't isn't even in the war and he's having a blast in here. Though many of the people reading it throw up in their mouths a little bit as they do, the people posting at each other are enjoying the crap out of each other. Ain't that the whole reason for being here in the first place? There is a direct inverse correlation between infra and fun - the more infra you blow up and lose, the more fun you gain. Even ADunce knows that one and he's about as bright as candlelight.

Judging by the dead infra and soldiers, we MUST be having fun :)

o7 Duckroll
o7 WAPA
07 WARRIORS!

Whoa slow down there stevieg I was not trying to get involved at all, my main goal was to maintain the integrity of the truce. Laz signed up as an independant AA and not under DR. He hit before the truce terms started and as such, I may not like or agree with it, but he did not violate the terms. My reminder was to be careful of anymore intrusions as we have a common sense clause, which is to prevent things such as dropping AA tags to engage. No threats intended at all so chill.

Adude, I have tried to stay oit but feel compelled to post a remark in response to your statement regarding bringing up old stuff. This whole political division which currently presides over te is because of the events that transpired in the past. Confusion even stated you hit us we hit you and the cycle never ends. Past events always influence current decisions. I will agree with the spirit of what I think you meant. In that the event happened almost a year ago and should be dropped.

Please dont, unless you wish to of course, take this as an attempt to argue, I am merely stating my opinion.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1324661727' post='2884935']Poor gamesmanship? No, as far as "the game" goes and it being a war/political simulator I think I have always done fairly well..[/quote]
Am I supposed to put ooc for stuff like this?
I never know since I'm never in a character. As well safety first amirite.

(ooc)In sports there is a thing called sportsmanship. It's very important in nearly every single sport, from the youngest ages of players to the oldest of pros. In most of sports showing poor sportsmanship hurts you somehow and you even get penalized for it. Just as there is poor sportsmanship in sports, there is poor gamesmanship in games. However here, usually the only way you get penalized for poor gamesmanship is if the players themselves punish you for it. In rounds past, this has started happening here in TE, even if it rarely happens in SE. Pull a cheap move and hopefully you will get ganged on for it. I think you have had very poor gamesmanship in the past, although your alliance has gotten much better. Confusion still shows incredibly poor gamesmanship, always has and maybe always will. He is as bad as anyone in all of CN. Although sure he does deserve some respect for some things, he deserves no respect at all for that. That's my opinion and I think I'm right.(/ooc)

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1324667867' post='2884989']
(ooc)In sports there is a thing called sportsmanship. It's very important in nearly every single sport, from the youngest ages of players to the oldest of pros. In most of sports showing poor sportsmanship hurts you somehow and you even get penalized for it. Just as there is poor sportsmanship in sports, there is poor gamesmanship in games. However here, usually the only way you get penalized for poor gamesmanship is if the players themselves punish you for it. In rounds past, this has started happening here in TE, even if it rarely happens in SE. Pull a cheap move and hopefully you will get ganged on for it. I think you have had very poor gamesmanship in the past, although your alliance has gotten much better. Confusion still shows incredibly poor gamesmanship, always has and maybe always will. He is as bad as anyone in all of CN. Although sure he does deserve some respect for some things, he deserves no respect at all for that. That's my opinion and I think I'm right.(/ooc)
[/quote]

I know what Sportsmanship is, you apparently don't know what "Gamesmanship" is.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gamesmanship

I'm supposed to be the "dull" one here?

Edited by ADude

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1324674295' post='2885046']
I know what Sportsman ship is, you apparently don't know what "Gamesmanship" is.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gamesmanship

I'm supposed to be the "dull" one here?
[/quote]

So I guess we display the most Gamesmanship in the game, ADufe.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1324674441' post='2885049']
[/quote]

Would seem so, the best even.

Edit..

Ha... Just saw it.

Edited by ADude

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1324674441' post='2885049']
[/quote]
Maybe that's why you have the relationships that you do with other AAs.

You are like two guys in a card game that let each other see your hands to root out the other players from the table. It's not cheating, but it's 100% !@#$%*made. (not a perfect comparison, but best I got right now)

Edit: Actually, I don't think I feel that way about Adude, so much.

Edited by Awesome Dog

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1324657051' post='2884893']
It's explained in the post you quoted, anarchying you would only have been possible with the game mechanics if i had destroyed less of your infra or called someone else in, neither of which i intended to do

Do not fret however, over your lack of knowledge, for every piece of infra destroyed by me i shall endeavour to repay it with the knowledge of your errors,

I shall free you from your bonds of ignorance so that you may one day become the warrior that i am.

Duckroll marches ever forward to prevent tW from the pitfall of complacency

Fear not, for we shall save you from your failues o7
[/quote]

I really don't think you understand warfare or what makes a warrior at all.

But by all means, continue with your grandiose statements, its like your trying to impress somebody, but unfortunately your simply not all that impressive.

War stats according the alliance graphs:

WAPA (Last Updated: 12/23/2011 3:57:54 PM): 20 nations, 81,054 ns, 4,053 avg ns, 4 anarchy
12/19: 88,797 | 12/20: 83,781 | 12/21: 83,154 | 12/22: 85,632 | 12/23/2011 6:21:32 AM: 81,054
Tiers 12/23/2011 4:23:04 PM: 4x6k, 6x5k, 12x4k, 16x3k

Warriors (Last Updated: 12/23/2011 4:04:21 PM): 37 nations, 139,208 ns, 3,762 avg ns, 17 anarchy
12/19: 160,181 | 12/20: 173,712 | 12/21: 178,730 | 12/22: 162,376 | 12/23/2011 9:35:18 AM: 139,208
Tiers 12/23/2011 4:23:10 PM: 4x6k, 10x5k, 19x4k, 24x3k

Duckroll (Last Updated: 12/23/2011 6:21:32 AM): 42 nations, 151,376 ns, 3,604 avg. ns, 33 anarchy
12/19: 185,573 (Laz just left) | 12/20: 193,513 | 12/21: 175,645 | 12/22: 153,460 | 12/23/2011 9:37:31 AM: 151,376 (post Laz n co.)
Tiers 12/23/2011 4:23:07 PM: 7x6k, 11x5k, 12x4k, 26x3k

The tier info isn't always perfect and it clashes with the times, but close enough.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1324678917' post='2885091']
I really don't think you understand warfare or what makes a warrior at all.
[/quote]

Well, assuming your nation link is correct [url=http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000717]Orion[/url]

18 days old
0 Attacking + 11,087 Defending = 11,087 Casualties
0 Offensive wars

Please enlighten us all about what being a warrior is by your obviously superior standards?

---

Anyway, a fun war so far, my only criticism is the lousy timing as I'll now be inactive the next few days after update.. (ooc: RL commitments, travelling etc)

[quote name='King Grog' timestamp='1324686087' post='2885177']
Well, assuming your nation link is correct [url=http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000717]Orion[/url]

18 days old
0 Offensive wars

Please enlighten us all about what being a warrior is by your obviously superior standards?
[/quote]

Please check the war screen before you go making assumptions. OK

if you can't read it he got hit last update and is probably waiting till next to attack back.

[quote name='matt01867' timestamp='1324693202' post='2885276']

if you can't read it he got hit last update and is probably waiting till next to attack back.
[/quote]
Quads ftw

[quote name='matt01867' timestamp='1324693202' post='2885276']

[/quote]

Warriors have been at war for what, three days now?

[quote name='King Grog' timestamp='1324686087' post='2885177']

18 days old
0 Offensive wars

---

Anyway, a fun war so far, my only criticism is the lousy timing as I'll now be inactive the next few days after update.. (ooc: RL commitments, travelling etc)
[/quote]

What is interesting is where you mention OOC commitments. I have had some of those myself, in that I've been unable to commit to consistently being on at update, and how I got a late start to the round.

Furthermore, I haven't had decent trades, and for some reason or another haven't really had my heart in my nation.

Not exactly a characteristic round, but if your insistent upon challenging my understandings of wars, I could allude to another realm where my casualties outnumber yours 5 to 1, but thats not exactly relevant here.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1324705029' post='2885426']
What is interesting is where you mention OOC commitments. I have had some of those myself, in that I've been unable to commit to consistently being on at update, and how I got a late start to the round.

Furthermore, I haven't had decent trades, and for some reason or another haven't really had my heart in my nation.

Not exactly a characteristic round, but if your insistent upon challenging my understandings of wars, I could allude to another realm where my casualties outnumber yours 5 to 1, but thats not exactly relevant here.
[/quote]

Yes, that may be true. However, his tech outnumbers yours 6 to 1 :P