For the Prisoners of Azkaban

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1323722518' post='2875539']
Your in game symbolism uses some pretty clear references.
[/quote]
Sure, some people aren't fans. But when calling out Nordreich was the cool thing, the mods certainly weren't defending those accused. They should have been, but they weren't. I'm just shocked to see that they choose now, and this excessively minor example of OOC "harassment" to stand up and enforce rule. NoV was destroyed over alleged OOC content and there were hundreds of pages of discussion on the issue. And this thread already has more visible moderator action in it than we ever saw in the tC-NoV war.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1323723768' post='2875569']
... really that line again? You would know full well that isn't true if you took any time to look at what their theme is- Imperial Germany.
[/quote]

And if you weren't being deliberately obtuse you would realize nobody would object to an eagle.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1323723935' post='2875572']
Sure, some people aren't fans. But when calling out Nordreich was the cool thing, the mods certainly weren't defending those accused. They should have been, but they weren't. I'm just shocked to see that they choose now, and this excessively minor example of OOC "harassment" to stand up and enforce rule. NoV was destroyed over alleged OOC content and there were hundreds of pages of discussion on the issue. And this thread already has more visible moderator action in it than we ever saw in the tC-NoV war.
[/quote]

Well I wasn't politically active at any level during that time, but it is clearly out of bounds, and I think we can agree that no alliance deserves it. GOD has had to deal with this crap pretty systematically, and they have no interest in bringing it into CN. It's pathetic that people can't just respect that and let it be.

[quote name='Velocity111' timestamp='1323716978' post='2875399']
I, for one, welcome the removal of these individual surrender terms and support the continual rolling of GOD :ehm:
[/quote]

Works for me.

[quote name='bandnerd' timestamp='1323713277' post='2875350']
why yes, we ARE cute cuddly bunnies. provided you can ignore the switchblade.
[/quote]
Why on earth would I ignore the switchblade? That's great; a rabbit that comes with its own peeler... stew anyone?

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1323724868' post='2875592']
Well I wasn't politically active at any level during that time, but it is clearly out of bounds, and I think we can agree that no alliance deserves it. GOD has had to deal with this crap pretty systematically, and they have no interest in bringing it into CN. It's pathetic that people can't just respect that and let it be.
[/quote]
The reason GOD is treated this way (boo hoo) is because they treated others like this. Except it was more overt, more prevalent, and hugely more insulting. People like Xiphosis brought OOC content into the game ages ago. He removed the taboo. Any complaints about it now, when the tables are turned, are hypocritical.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1323726265' post='2875621']
The reason GOD is treated this way (boo hoo) is because they treated others like this. Except it was more overt, more prevalent, and hugely more insulting. People like Xiphosis brought OOC content into the game ages ago. He removed the taboo. Any complaints about it now, when the tables are turned, are hypocritical.
[/quote]

I haven't seen them do anything of the sort.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1323726265' post='2875621']
[/quote]

Oh come now Weiss, Xiph has never done anything more than poke fun at you guys over it.

You treat him like he's literally Slayer.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1323727118' post='2875643']
Oh come now Weiss, Xiph has never done anything more than poke fun at you guys over it.
[/quote]

But having prisoners set their affiliation to "Prisoner of Azkaban" goes far beyond poking fun. Got it.

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1323726795' post='2875637']
I haven't seen them do anything of the sort.
[/quote]
Then clearly it never happened.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1323727118' post='2875643']
[/quote]
Tracking re-rolls, digging into offsite activities, forming coalitions against us...

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1323671677' post='2874958']
I used to think so too. I'm happy to see that they've loosened up considerably since then. Good show BN.
[/quote]
I have to admit, I really thought this post was going to go "I used to think so too. Then I took an arrow to the knee."

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1323728648' post='2875677']
I have to admit, I really thought this post was going to go "I used to think so too. Then I took an arrow to the knee."
[/quote]
:lol1:

That's perfect.

Edited by Cellardoor

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1323724868' post='2875592']
And if you weren't being deliberately obtuse you would realize nobody would object to an eagle.
[/quote]
Nordreich's flag is black, white and red (Imperial German colours), has the Prussian eagle on it (the exact symbol you just mentioned), and a cross on it (another indicator of Imperial Germany). The alliance also involves lots of European history, hence the rune on the war flag, which is, of course, presented in the top left corner of a cross, negating any pagan connotations it has. Not sure how that's supposed to be provocative. Nordreich is made up of people who are interested in Northern European history and thinking roleplaying Imperial Germany is a good way to do that. Sure, I might have picked Imperial Sweden or the Kingdom of Poland for originality's sake, but enough of Nordreich is German that their angle makes tons of sense.

Back to the thread though. Thanks for the support, guys.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1323734273' post='2875767']
Nazi jokes are definitely in better taste than those of fantasy and magic.
[/quote]
They're also hilarious

Edited by Neo Uruk