Holiday ceasefire

paul711

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is last years fiasco................ http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95851&st=100

There will be no cease fire as it takes everyone to agree. This wont happen. It will just be one big war those for and those against :)

Please take Duckroll off the list until we're all in mutual agreement. At the moment, we're at war. And yes, this was just recently discussed between DR Gov't.

Thanks,

Con.

edit: spelling etc

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='bunnet' timestamp='1323285790' post='2867501']
Here is last years fiasco................ http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95851&st=100

There will be no cease fire as it takes everyone to agree. This wont happen. It will just be one big war those for and those against :)
[/quote]

I remember all to well the fiasco last year and have ammended the language appropriately. Any violations would be bad, very bad :)
Seriouslly though, rl trumps te and some probably didnt play thos round because of the holidays. All we are asking is 10 days of taking a step back and enjoying the holidays without having to stay up until the update every night. No politics involved just a chance to enjoy the holidays.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1323288434' post='2867578']
Please take Duckroll off the list until we're all in mutual agreement. At the moment, we're at war. And yes, this was just recently discussed between DR Gov't.

Thanks,

Con.

edit: spelling etc
[/quote]
Done, I took stevie's post as considering it I apologize.

By the way, may I add- This isn't being done out of malice towards any of the signatories. The dilemma lies wherein we're at war with LE and we're not sure how long this war will last. Furthermore, we sort of have mixed opinions.

Yes, paul- it is under consideration. However, as mentioned above, it seems LE want to go a for a bit longer than usual. We're not complete sure yet, and as such will remain neutral on this subject until further notice.

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1323288956' post='2867597']
By the way, may I add- This isn't being done out of malice towards any of the signatories. The dilemma lies wherein we're at war with LE and we're not sure how long this war will last. Furthermore, we sort of have mixed opinions.

Yes, paul- it is under consideration. However, as mentioned above, it seems LE want to go a for a bit longer than usual. We're not complete sure yet, and as such will remain neutral on this subject until further notice.
[/quote]
Ok I didnt know the particulars of everything and I certainly understand.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1323290481' post='2867638']
Ok I didnt know the particulars of everything and I certainly understand.
[/quote]
Please take off my Romans..

After vigorous debate within government, TPC could sign onto such an agreement.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1323131777' post='2864639']
If this is being considered, may I suggest it ends at the 1/2 - 1/3 update. The second is likely going to be a big travel day.
[/quote]
Agreed. The fact of the matter is that almost everyone is celebrating something over this period, and in a 90 day round, a couple of days where you don't need to monitor the war screens 30 minutes before update isn't a big deal. While I understand the concerns of other leaders when it comes to involving themselves another TE agreement, I think overall this is for the benefit of members.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1323152753' post='2865449']
I suggest this:

At the end of it, all nations who did the ceasefire divide into two equalish groups and hit each other at that update (Update 1/2-1/3 as suggested by Thomasj_tx) using a mutual blitz. That or alternately, they hit everybody else, depending on whatever provides the most entertainment value. Depending how many alliances participate, it might become a realllyyyy big war. Plus, mutual blitz. I don't remember that being done on this kind of scale, ever. Wouldn't that be fun?
[/quote]

I [u][b]completely[/b][/u] agree with this and want to see it happen. A good massive war where everyone crushes each other without politics would be good for everyone.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1323268598' post='2867294']
Down with the ceasefire and its huggers
[/quote]

You could always declare on us during the peace break and then all of us could roll RE. :awesome: That would be fun.

On a more serious note, signing this would make sense, however, maybe the Admin could just !@#$ down TE for two weeks as well :>

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1323356861' post='2869187']
You could always declare on us during the peace break and then all of us could roll RE. :awesome: That would be fun.

On a more serious note, signing this would make sense, however, maybe the Admin could just !@#$ down TE for two weeks as well :>
[/quote]
You wish you all could take RE. Also, am i gainsing support not to sign this!?!?!? PEOPLE DONT SIGN. ITS LIES IN YOUR EYES

I just don't get it, why the alliance, which has holiday ceasefire for just 10 days, has to have to fight straight away? Notwithstanding what happened before that?
There were plenty of cases, when some alliances would be sitting in "peace mode" for 30-40 days without any cease fire declared.
However, I wouldn't mind to have some sort of WW.

Edited by kongland

[quote name='stepanek' timestamp='1323398992' post='2870055']
What's stopping the non-signers from attacking the signees? It would make for an excellent blitz. Just sayin...
[/quote]

[quote]All AAs taking part in the truce pledge to defend each other aginst any and all violators. [/quote]

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1323397267' post='2870020']
Everyone of you...literately make me sick. :gag:
[/quote]

Sorry but,

Family, Beer, Presents, Eating Delicious foods and Cookies > TE. I don't want any interruptions in what will be a hectic holiday season as always.

[quote name='stepanek' timestamp='1323398992' post='2870055']
What's stopping the non-signers from attacking the signees? It would make for an excellent blitz. Just sayin...
[/quote]
No offense but any attacks on or by any signatories will result in every AA that has signed the ceasefire to be obligated to attack the offenders.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1323402455' post='2870104']
No offense but any attacks on or by any signatories will result in every AA that has signed the ceasefire to be obligated to attack the offenders.
[/quote]

Ya I already know that :blush: