Holiday ceasefire

paul711

[quote name='ScratchyScientist' timestamp='1323655028' post='2874498']
HYPOCRITE!
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107276&st=0#entry2868021"]See? I came up with the same idea in the poll and he voted against it![/url] So, the real problem with both our ideas is that they are conflicting. I propose before and after the ceasefire there will be a war, but there WILL be a small break.

Let me sign up, regardless of what I said before
Holidays - :nuke: =Awesome!
New Years + :nuke: =Fireworks!
[/quote]

I don't think I voted in that poll.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordo Paradoxia - 33
Warriors - 32
Synergy - 13
WAPA - 21
AAA - 27
Citadel - 20
TPC - 23
AP Coalition - 30
TFK - 26

Total Alliances: 9
Total Nations: 225

This should make for a pretty massive and fun war after the truce :)

Holiday truce is still on despite all the wars. Despite people's belief that the truce was meant to dosguise attempts to avoid war, it wasnt. It was meant as it says to reduce stress from an already stressful time. Happy holidays to everyone in TE.

Aye, some of us have families and responsibilities that are time-consuming during the holidays, and some of us simply just want to enjoy the season and have a good time among friends and not have to think about cybernations much. But apparently CN:TE takes precedence over the holiday season for some people, get a life! :lol1:

Happy holidays, everyone!

[quote name='Jarhead' timestamp='1323982961' post='2879070']
Not sure if someone stated this earlier, but LE will take some time off during the holidays.
[/quote]
How long?

The truce suits me as I'm working right through xmas and off new year for a few days :) We'll be up looking after our se nations anyway as I cant see a truce or peace there. It's growing arms and legs out there boys and girls ;)

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1323978563' post='2879030']
But apparently CN:TE takes precedence over the holiday season for some people, get a life! :lol1:
[/quote]

Just thought i'd address this point as it get's somewhat tiring to hear, like many of you i don't plan to be on TE throughout christmas, however i do acknowledge that some people will,

1, Kids: CN's player base has a very varied age group, 12-14 year old's playing computer games during the christmas holidays? THE HORRRORR!!! I can't say CN would have been my first choice of game at 12 but different strokes.

2, Various Religions: not everyone celebrates christmas, for them this is just another holiday, playing CN over a non religous holiday? THE HORRORR!!!

3, People Snowed In, Bed-Ridden, People for whom a TE War is only 2 minutes of clicking a day which won't taint their christmas experience beyond repair, etc.

You get the idea, playing CN over christmas isn't necessarily the evil you want to make it out to be, however owney, if the thought of other people playing cn while your guard is down is so upsetting that you feel the need to insult the state of others' social life, perhaps you're the one who needs to go out and enjoy some of that fine fresh air.

[quote name='Jarhead' timestamp='1323985025' post='2879103']
As long as I get presents...cough....

Nothing = war on 25th.
:excl:
[/quote]
Ill make sure to send that boat over then :lol1:

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1324059954' post='2879994']2, Various Religions: not everyone celebrates christmas, for them this is just another holiday, playing CN over a non religous holiday? THE HORRORR!!![/quote]
Now now. In the quote of owney's you used, he says nothing about x-mas. He says "holiday season" which to me includes both x-mas and new years. There is also Martin Luther King day in january here in Arizona. That's a double-time day for me at work! Plus school is out for the kids. That's a lot of holidays for me, and none of them strictly have anything to do with religion imho. Not even x-mas, that over-commercialized and over-hyped excuse to throw away all my money.

Just what Imma sayin', dat's all.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1324073920' post='2880107']
Can we define what constitutes an AA? (I'd go with an AA with 5 or more members and/or protection)

i'll probably be around the last few days of the truce and don't want lose my ability to raid 1 man AA's :)
[/quote]
Actually we have some rules and will post them later tonight. Basically wanted to keep things simple so to not repeat last years fiasco, once an AA signs they cannot engage in hostile acts, this includes withdrawing from the truce mid term to attack another AA. This would be a violation and treated as such. More to come but yeah laz 5 should be the number but it does not replace common sense. A clearly defined number without common sense can lead to manipulation. For instance, an AA can break into smaller 4 man parts attack a member of the truce and claim they are rogues and not subject to retaliation. However under this scenario common sense dictates that we all know it was the original AA trying to circumnavigate the rules.