Official Declaration From the Ski Lodge

Melchizedek

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1322461159' post='2854500']
You have a CB right now on UPN, STA, CCC, and Avalanche. If you're that bored, use it. If not, stop nagging.
[/quote]

Yeah, they should all declare on a bunch of alliances that are a fraction of their size. Good military planning.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Minion Rouse' timestamp='1322462390' post='2854555']
You don't think that was intentional? No money was ever actually exchanged between our alliances. The offers were used as a cover up for the two nations that jumped the gun. It was strategy, not stupidity.
[/quote]
You know not a single person with enough of a brain to type is going to believe this right?

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322462584' post='2854561']
Seeing as not a single one of them retaliated...
[/quote]
You aren't serious haha
[quote name='Minion Rouse' timestamp='1322462659' post='2854568']
They don't have to, the move already served its purpose.
[/quote]
Oh my god you are serious.

Edited by Varianz

You don't think that was intentional? No money was ever actually exchanged between our alliances. The offers were used as a cover up for the two nations that jumped the gun. It was strategy, not stupidity.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Except, as Yev said, everyone knew it was a cover-up and nobody believed it. So, yes, it was stupidity. Not strategy.[/color]

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1322462400' post='2854557']
Yeah, they should all declare on a bunch of alliances that are a fraction of their size. Good military planning.
[/quote]
Never said that it was a good strategy. Just said if he's bored, he could do that rather than whining about having to wait.

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322462718' post='2854571']
You know, if someone gave you a dollar every time you deflected a statement, I'd imagine you'd be a pretty wealthy man.
[/quote]

Be nice to the poor guy, he's just disappointed to be missing all the fun.

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322462718' post='2854571']
You know, if someone gave you a dollar every time you deflected a statement, I'd imagine you'd be a pretty wealthy man.
[/quote]
Ok let me explain why you're an idiot.

You have a MDoAP with Polar. Polar just got attacked. Quite reasonably, the entire world expects Polar's treaty partners to defend them (whether or not they all will is for another thread). Update yesterday passes, no move from you guys. Then, two of your nations declare war many hours ahead of update, with reasons such as "As per instructions of my boss" and [b]"Hello - aiding NpO"[/b]. The second one is particularly telling. Now, any person with a brain can put two and two together: you have a treaty with NpO, and two separate members of your alliance declared war with quite revealing DoW's. Then, you went through some farce of contacting IRON and sending two of their nations money labeled as reps. So we have two options here. One, you panicked after jumping the gun, and the reps were genuine. Two, you were idiotic enough to think that sending a couple batches of money would prevent IRON from seeing something blatantly obvious- you were going to declare and your members jumped the gun. By the way, if it's the second, don't pat yourself on the back, IRON were never fooled.

Which is it?

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1322462457' post='2854559']
You know not a single person with enough of a brain to type is going to believe this right?
[/quote]

Considering I'm one of the people who sent reps, then cancelled the foreign aid offer before I attacked, I believe this. The important thing is that we got to update without being declared war on. Our other option was to be attacked pre emptively. Whether IRON thought Avalanche not worth their while, or whatever, it worked. Now I dont know what people in this thread think goes on in a war, but Im fairly sure the main attraction isnt swapping insults.

Edited by King Croixy

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1322462166' post='2854547']
I don't think anybody would mock them if it wasn't for the fact that they also... paid reparations for those two idiots jumping the gun, knowing full well they were going to DoW later the same day anyway.

I haven't seen anybody else do that.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure I have, though it's really pointless. People will generally take steps to make it seem as if they don't intend to declare, and then declare shortly thereafter. No one buys it, but it's not like official denials of "rogue action" are some new innovation. Just pointless since everyone knows jumpers happen and that's usually what it ends up being.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1322462981' post='2854583']

You have a MDoAP with Polar. Polar just got attacked. Quite reasonably, the entire world expects Polar's treaty partners to defend them (whether or not they all will is for another thread). Update yesterday passes, no move from you guys. Then, two of your nations declare war many hours ahead of update, with reasons such as "As per instructions of my boss" and [b]"Hello - aiding NpO"[/b]. The second one is particularly telling. Now, any person with a brain can put two and two together: you have a treaty with NpO, and two separate members of your alliance declared war with quite revealing DoW's. Then, you went through some farce of contacting IRON and sending two of their nations money labeled as reps. So we have two options here. One, you panicked after jumping the gun, and the reps were genuine. Two, you were idiotic enough to think that sending a couple batches of money would prevent IRON from seeing something blatantly obvious- you were going to declare and your members jumped the gun. By the way, if it's the second, don't pat yourself on the back, IRON were never fooled.

Which is it?
[/quote]

Finally, a genuine response.

It was the second one, if it really pleases you to hear it. But, are you certain they weren't fooled? If it really was as blatantly obvious, as you proclaim, then wouldn't the smart option be to pre-emptively strike us? Why just let it happen?

I have two reasons, myself:

1.) They're arrogant and intentionally wanted to be hit. Probably because IRON's bored, I could imagine.

2.) They were uncertain as to our intentions.

I'll go with option 1 but I'll add how strategically stupid it is. Sure, the odds are with them but they're going to just let us stock up and attack them? Even if they're convinced they'll win, they're taking unnecessary casualties. That sounds a lot stupider than attempting to cover up a "jump the gun" scenario with reps, in my opinion.

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322459652' post='2854411']
I think you'll find these weird AA's have some fight in them.
[/quote]

I looked at your AA then laughed when I saw this. http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display_alliances.asp?Alliance=Avalanche

#1 nation has basically 20k [i]infra[/i] and 10,543.61 [b]tech [/b]... Am I the only one who see's something wrong?

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1322462981' post='2854583']

Which is it?
[/quote]
The reps were not genuine. However, we did not expect IRON to be fooled, that would indeed be idiotic. All we needed to do was make IRON second-guess themselves just long enough for us to declare war unhindered at update as IRON was openly thinking about striking first. We are not saying it was a genius move, it was simply the only thing we could do to make sure we had the advantage at update. We were faced with a tough situation and made the most out of it with what time and resources we had. If you could have made a better decision, congratulations. But what is done is done, and the fact of the matter is Avalanche and IRON are at war. The circumstances leading up to it are no longer relevant.

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322463641' post='2854598']
Finally, a genuine response.

It was the second one, if it really pleases you to hear it. But, are you certain they weren't fooled? If it really was as blatantly obvious, as you proclaim, then wouldn't the smart option be to pre-emptively strike us? Why just let it happen?

I have two reasons, myself:

1.) They're arrogant and intentionally wanted to be hit. Probably because IRON's bored, I could imagine.

2.) They were uncertain as to our intentions.

I'll go with option 1 but I'll add how strategically stupid it is. Sure, the odds are with them but they're going to just let us stock up and attack them? Even if they're convinced they'll win, they're taking unnecessary casualties. That sounds a lot stupider than attempting to cover up a "jump the gun" scenario with reps, in my opinion.
[/quote]
No lol, because Avalanche declaring on IRON has the same effect in the end, i.e. you're both at war and it costs them nothing tactically since all their nations are already built up, and strategically they can call their MDP partners in against you now. I'm quite certain they weren't fooled. You might as well have dithered until update, it would've achieved the same effect you claim to have been aiming for.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1322463856' post='2854607']
No lol, because Avalanche declaring on IRON has the same effect in the end, i.e. you're both at war and it costs them nothing tactically since all their nations are already built up, and strategically they can call their MDP partners in against you now. I'm quite certain they weren't fooled. You might as well have dithered until update, it would've achieved the same effect you claim to have been aiming for.
[/quote]

Let them come, then. We've planned for this, so let it happen.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1322463856' post='2854607']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Also, not to forget, IRON does not waste its offensive wars on Avalanche. Who quite frankly really just isn't worth it.

Sorry if that bruises your sense of self worth, guys.[/color]

[/quote]
So what would have happened had our guy been online at that time and accepted?

[quote name='Samus' timestamp='1322464322' post='2854618']
So what would have happened had our guy been online at that time and accepted?
[/quote]

They get a free 3 mil? Well, not exactly free.

Edited by King Croixy

[quote name='King Croixy' timestamp='1322463446' post='2854593']
Considering I'm one of the people who sent reps, then cancelled the foreign aid offer before I attacked, I believe this.
[/quote]

[quote]to get one thing clear we never paid the reps. Merely just offered them. [/quote]

So you or your government decided that the situation merited reparations, offered them, and then promptly canceled? This seems poorly reasoned.

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322464059' post='2854610']
Let them come, then. We've planned for this, so let it happen.
[/quote]

Using your own logic regarding IRON should have just attacked you, why didn't you just declare on all of IRON's allies as well? If you are convinced that they will be attacking you, then does this mean you are arrogant too?

The reason an alliance doesn't, which I am sure you should be able to figure out, is that the attack would be aggressive in nature and not defensive. This would lead to different treaty paths being followed. And really, what does your alliance really hurt IRON? It isn't like you are going to scare them in the slightest. You have 30 nations total, 20 in war mode and only 13 wars. I mean, what could they be afraid of?