Official Declaration From the Ski Lodge

Melchizedek

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322463641' post='2854598']
It was the second one, if it really pleases you to hear it. But, are you certain they weren't fooled? If it really was as blatantly obvious, as you proclaim, then wouldn't the smart option be to pre-emptively strike us? Why just let it happen?
[/quote]

You wouldn't have even been able to fool me with this "strategy" and it wouldn't really be in IRONs intrest to pre-empt you, why bother? If you declare on them, they can call in an additional ally by mutual defence, if they attacked you, that option is lost. Besides, I doubt it cost them anything.

Why not just admit your mistake.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are here to support NpO. Our attempts to keep IRON from possibly crushing us before we could even draw blood do not matter any more. We've already drawn blood. The petty insults in this thread concerning the amount of blood Avalanche can draw are idiotic. We dont expect to bring IRON to its knees on our own. We expect to draw enough blood to help bleed IRON, we only need to draw a tiny amount to meet this goal, and I think you'll find that we can draw a surprisingly painful amount.

2.) They were uncertain as to our intentions.
[/quote]
Uncertain?

Before we approached you about reps, we already knew you were going to declare - considering half your alliance was in PM and your relationship with Polar.

We just thought it'd be funny to request reps, per our [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Independent_Republic_of_Orange_Nations_Pain_Policy"]PAIN Policy[/url] for attacking [i]unprovokedly[/i].

Tell me this. After me and another IRONer finally got through to your gov did it really take you guys 3 or so hours to come up with the plan of sending us reps then quickly cancelling it upon declaration?

I must know what other bright plans this fellow has!

.... But, are you certain they weren't fooled? If it really was as blatantly obvious, as you proclaim, then wouldn't the smart option be to pre-emptively strike us? Why just let it happen?....
[/quote]
You guys are cute :wub: just not cute enough to cuddle with.

Good luck out there.

Its not the first time a member or two has jumped the gun, i dunno get why the whole 3 ring circus was needed. It was expected you would defend, it was known you will come in today.

Being as i like avalanche in general, i humbly suggest you did not need all that smoke and mirrors.

[quote name='fuzz227' timestamp='1322464921' post='2854632']
Using your own logic regarding IRON should have just attacked you, why didn't you just declare on all of IRON's allies as well? If you are convinced that they will be attacking you, then does this mean you are arrogant too?[/quote]

If we can chew up a few war slots from IRON's allies, it aids NpO. That's one less war against NpO and her allies, who we happen to be quite fond of.

[quote name='fuzz227']The reason an alliance doesn't, which I am sure you should be able to figure out, is that the attack would be aggressive in nature and not defensive. This would lead to different treaty paths being followed. And really, what does your alliance really hurt IRON? It isn't like you are going to scare them in the slightest. You have 30 nations total, 20 in war mode and only 13 wars. I mean, what could they be afraid of?
[/quote]

We understand the treaty chains and their implications. As stated above, these would result in one less war against NpO and her allies.

As for the second point mentioned, we can certainly pound the hell out of a few of IRON's lower NS nations. If IRON doesn't feel concerned, or scared as you put it, for their lower NS nations, then it really highlights the fact that they don't care for their smaller nations, at all. In my opinion, not taking the effort to pre-emptively strike at an alliance they know is going to come at their lower NS nations hard, is like a slap in the face to their smaller nations.

Sure, they could throw money at their smaller nations post-war so that they may rebuild. Or, they could have Pre-emp'd us and truly defend their smaller nations. Alas, they did not.

But, all this matters not, for things have already gotten underway. I think it's been established the different strategies both sides have undertaken and for now, we look forward to fighting for a cause we believe in.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1322465169' post='2854636']

Why not just admit your mistake.
[/quote]

Probably because I'm having trouble finding it. I'm assuming you're implying that our 'mistake' was trying to cover up a "Jump the Gun" scenario with false reparation aid.

Was it unorthodox? Yes. Did we accomplish our goal of staving off a pre-emptive assault? Yes, although, it is apparent this charade was not necessary, seeing as IRON wasn't going to do so, anyway.

In the end, the result was the same, which is how we hoped it would be. So, it wasn't a mistake.

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322471217' post='2854700']
stuff
[/quote]

Your mistake is saying that IRON was fooled by your whole rep thing and patting yourselves on the back for it, it wasn't clever and wasn't going to fool anyone, maybe mistake is the wrong word but I'm not good with words.

You where never going to be pre-empted, to think that is silly.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1322472086' post='2854709']
Your mistake is saying that IRON was fooled by your whole rep thing and patting yourselves on the back for it, it wasn't clever and wasn't going to fool anyone, maybe mistake is the wrong word but I'm not good with words.

[/quote]
I see what you are saying. What we did was nothing special, and that's ok. We could have done a lot of things in response to the guys who jumped the gun and the result would still be the same.

This just further drives home the point that the events leading up to this war are irrelevant, so there is no real reason to argue further.

Let's make this a good, clean fight.

[quote name='Minion Rouse' timestamp='1322473383' post='2854715']
I see what you are saying. What we did was nothing special, and that's ok. We could have done a lot of things in response to the guys who jumped the gun and the result would still be the same.

This just further drives home the point that the events leading up to this war are irrelevant, so there is no real reason to argue further.

Let's make this a good, clean fight.
[/quote]

Your alliance is going to burn while the real target sits in peacemode and laughs.

Great job, also you aren't a threat to IRON, you are just a slight itch on an elbow.

I am sure you had great hopes, and it's the thought that counts eh?

Enjoy paying reps.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1322459474' post='2854402']
IRON must really be reconsidering their declaration of war if they attracted the wrath of CCC [i]and [/i]Avalanche. Then again, probably not. Have fun nonetheless.
[/quote]
And UPN and STA.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1322459793' post='2854429']
I love how your side are having all these tiny alliances declare. TOP and IRON fought 21 alliances in BPW, these 4 !@#$ alliances declaring are nothing. :lol1:
[/quote]

And you know what? My money is still on IRON and IRON has yet to call in anyone. I think IRON can take this lot by itself while Polar sits in peace and its stragglers get hit by IRON and TOP.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1322472086' post='2854709']

[/quote]
I don't agree with you often, but this time you are 100% correct.

Paying reps for going in a few hours early is indeed a first, I've been here since 2006 and this is the first time I've heard of it.

Also IRON is indeed a bit busy with Polar and STA and UPN and CCC to worry about doing anything to you right now. Perhaps IRON's allies could, but IRON si a bit preoccupied with smashing whats left of Polar in war mode and the rest of this lot that jumped in to save Polar. I'm going to wonder how many more will be sent in while Polar sits in peace mode not fighting its war and watching its allies burn in war mode. I had thought we determined that was not a working strategy in the last war when one alliance tried that and its allies burned to the ground defending it while its nations sat in peace mode until negotiations brought them out.

Will Polar be forced to come out of peace mode via negotiations? Or will they try to stay in peace mode as long as possible? I suppose they have a few days before they can come out, so we'll find out if they send anyone out to help or if they plan on staying in peace mode until a later date.

That said, good luck Avalanche, you're going to need it.

Edited by Caliph

But, are you certain they weren't fooled?
[/quote]

We weren't fooled. Hope that clears that up.

The only fooling that's going on here is you trying to make yourselves believe that we were. It's laughable - however, I will say good luck.

Edited by DevastationStation

[quote name='Samus' timestamp='1322460527' post='2854468']
Funny. I just spied one of your top tier nations, I don't think 400mil will cut it for him. :)
[/quote]

[quote name='ShiningForce' timestamp='1322460619' post='2854475']
We'll see.
[/quote]

[spoiler]It won't.[/spoiler]

Edited by The Warrior

Finally, a genuine response.

It was the second one, if it really pleases you to hear it. But, are you certain they weren't fooled? If it really was as blatantly obvious, as you proclaim, then wouldn't the smart option be to pre-emptively strike us? Why just let it happen?

I have two reasons, myself:

1.) They're arrogant and intentionally wanted to be hit. Probably because IRON's bored, I could imagine.

2.) They were uncertain as to our intentions.

I'll go with option 1 but I'll add how strategically stupid it is. Sure, the odds are with them but they're going to just let us stock up and attack them? Even if they're convinced they'll win, they're taking unnecessary casualties. That sounds a lot stupider than attempting to cover up a "jump the gun" scenario with reps, in my opinion.
[/quote]

I'll spare your ego here. No we weren't fooled. Don't kid yourself.