Building a Museum

Generalissimo

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1320420783' post='2838382']Hmm if you had a section with "The most hated nations and or people" then I could have a private collector donate pieces of Helzan equipment along with a number of pieces belonging to the oh so hated Valerie Klein, in fact I think her body is still intact and could be donated.[/quote] Most hated nations and people could have it's own thread.
Helzan gear is great, but I'll have to look it up.
Is a body of a former CNRP character a good idea for my museum? What if it’s a waxed-out body like Lenin?

Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Zephyr' timestamp='1320377953' post='2838192']I kind of want to contribute, but I'm not sure what'd be appropriate. In raochin all I did was make castles and tunnels. Oh I did make some cool vibrating swords that could cut through almost anything for my Royal Guards, I'm sure if asked Alexander wouldn't mind giving one up. You could also probably recover some radio towers from The Temple Lands in the northern midwest of the US, used to brainwash the citizens of the Temple Lands. Then there's the giant Temple in Thunder bay I built as my capital. Oh and GPnS could loose a Mark 1 prototype aircraft somehow.

I could find the threads where these originated, though I think I only have pics of the mark 1. If there's anything else you could think of wanting go ahead and ask.[/quote]Castles are cool, but hard to fit into museums.
Vibrating Swords, you had vibrating swords!
I love lost technology; lost technology like vibrating swords.
Were the radio towers brainwashing devices, or radio towers used for brainwashing?
How am I going to get a giant temple into a museum? Maybe artifacts from the temple?
Your Mark 1 prototype aircraft could be made into a museum ship. . . but harder with a plotline.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1320356559' post='2837946']A lot of training and the occasional hunt... he's too young to have seen any wars as part of any older nation's military, and my nation is untouched at the moment for war.
Also, that offer can be between you and me. :ph34r:[/quote]Are you saying we should fight a war over a pistol? :mellow:

Edited by Generalissimo

I’m at the end of my night so I’ll have my post tomorrow.[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1320361708' post='2837983']Here it is: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106436[/quote]This thread should open to anyone’s adventurers but HHAYD reserves the right to kill every would-be-relic-hunter with extreme prejudice in a single uncontested post.
Death is often an unavoidable side effect of ignoring warning signs and walking into a bombing range.
Is someone;s weight in gold (or cash) - no questions asked - really worth that sort of risk?

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320471129' post='2839417']
If anyone wants to write descriptions of their donated stuff feel free to post it here and I’ll add it in.
Otherwise I’ll end up adding it in myself.
I’ll start adding from this conversation to the museum thread on Monday.
[/quote]
I'll let you do it for my stuff. You'll do a far better job than I ever could.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320470689' post='2839409']
I’m at the end of my night so I’ll have my post tomorrow.This thread should open to anyone’s adventurers but HHAYD reserves the right to kill every would-be-relic-hunter with extreme prejudice in a single uncontested post.
Death is often an unavoidable side effect of ignoring warning signs and walking into a bombing range.
Is someone;s weight in gold (or cash) - no questions asked - really worth that sort of risk?
[/quote]
It won't be instant-bombing, sorry for exaggerating it.

The question is, can you get in and get out before the next scheduled bombing takes place while avoiding too much attention? Get too greedy and try to run with too many artifacts loaded up, oh look, there's something to target.

The museum won't be targeted until next week. You can either go in now or wait until the building gets scorched. Though if you drive a tank out of the museum (and there are some in there), better move fast.

RE: Sea Tyrants

Think of them like hermetically sealed M1A1s with propellers and special buoyancy gear and oxygen creation devices They were a foot or two longer than the Abrams due to the extra equipment and had a drive shaft dedicated to the propellers. They were based on German tanks and American tanks in world war 2 that were also amphibious/aquatic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD_tank

I wasn't the first to get the idea to drive a tank by propeller..

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/South_Korea_Unveils_Underwater_Tank_999.html

[quote]
Maus
Model of Maus with the outline of a man to show the relative size

Maus was a German tank. It was the heaviest tank to be built in World War II, although it was never used in combat. It's name must have been a joke because it means "Mouse" in German, but it was much heavier than another tank called "Elephant"! It weighed about 180 tons, that's about the weight of 12 double-decker buses. The turret alone weighed 55 tons - as much as a King Tiger tank!

At its thickest it had 10 inch armour plate and carried two guns. The larger gun, a 128 mm (5 inch) cannon was the same size as the gun carried on warships like destroyers. The Germans had trouble finding an engine strong enough to move such a heavy tank. In the end they used the engine from an airplane. Also, because the tank was so heavy, it wouldn't have been able to use most bridges without breaking them. So, it had a [b]snorkel that allowed it to drive underwater![/b]

In the end the problems in making Maus work couldn't be solved before the war ended, and only two were built. They were never used in battle.
[/quote]

Or underwater..

The only thing kinda new that I did was integrate this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water

Which allowed for a prolonged drive time underwater.

Add to that as submarine designed to be beached in the shallows and an enemy without good sonar would never know you were coming or where from.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1320361708' post='2837983']Here it is: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106436[/quote]Maybe looking for one more person to [b]Run the Gauntlet[/b], any takers?

It's by HHAYD so the fun is practically guaranteed.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320589731' post='2840205']
Maybe looking for one more person to [b]Run the Gauntlet[/b], any takers?

It's by HHAYD so the fun is practically guaranteed.
[/quote]

It looks like fun so I have joined, already got my first post up. How will we run it do the three of us take it in turn to post our actions?

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320469890' post='2839388']
Castles are cool, but hard to fit into museums.
Vibrating Swords, you had vibrating swords!
I love lost technology; lost technology like vibrating swords.
Were the radio towers brainwashing devices, or radio towers used for brainwashing?
How am I going to get a giant temple into a museum? Maybe artifacts from the temple?
Your Mark 1 prototype aircraft could be made into a museum ship. . . but harder with a plotline.
[/quote]
The swords are technically still in commission for the Royal Guards use only. I'm sure Alexander would give one up if asked though. Of course it would be demilitarized, so it would be able to cut through anything, but it'd still be a cool museum piece. The castles and fortresses should still be standing specifically the castle in Sana'a, so pictures or models of them could be taken/made (not that I have any that could be used). The Mark I prototypes would be hard to get at, seeing as only five or so were made, and the only remaining in tact ones are under lake victoria...

The Radio towers were used for brainwashing. They probably still are for those who stuck true to the religion in the area. (I'd imagine quite a lot). The temple should technically still be in use too. Its not like you can just drop an entire religion off the radar.

I’m at the end of my night so I’ll have my post tomorrow.This thread should open to anyone’s adventurers but HHAYD reserves the right to kill every would-be-relic-hunter with extreme prejudice in a single uncontested post.
[/quote]

I would like to take part in this, however, I am away atm, so if you could refrain from looting everything, or destorying it untill I get back it would be much appreciated.

[/quote]

Sure it is, I'll send Snorlax over to collect the reward for me.

[quote name='Aggressivenutmeg' timestamp='1320749339' post='2841579']I would like to take part in this, however, I am away atm, so if you could refrain from looting everything, or destorying it untill I get back it would be much appreciated.[/quote]Thare's always room for one more.
It's an abandoned city, there’s nothing but empty space.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320071127' post='2835663']Adding the full cash and coin for every defunct CNRP nation might need it’s own building! I’m going to do it. There have been so many countries in CNRP that this could almost be a separate museum.[/quote]

[color="#000080"]OOC: There are some images around (try searching the original CN forums) of the original Transvaler rand banknotes which have Kaiser Martens' portrait on them, a good example of of both Transvaler and Deutschland common history. If I still have the banknote image at home, I'll post it here for you.[/color]

[size="2"]Is this thing still in the works? If so, I'd like to make a few suggestions and contributions...[/size]

[size="2"][quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320071275' post='2835664'][/size]
[size="2"]Vedran's last comment reminds me of something. . .[/size]
[size="2"]Who are some of the characters no longer with us (by extension players no longer in the game) that should be honored in a museum?[/size]
[size="2"][/quote][/size]
[size="2"]There's Sargun's Evan Hiley and his Artemis Global company.[/size]

[size="2"]There was a whole awesome sci-fi movie plot developed between Lynneth Sarkara and Richard Anderson, with them as the villains. It had many warring factions on Earth, land [/size]
[size="2"]cruisers[/size][size="2"], Mecha, conquest of entire continents! Oh, and a space laser on the secretive moon base that gets blown up by the protagonist (hero) at the end.[/size]

[size="2"]There's Lynneth's 'Sword of the Crown' from when he was in Germany. Perhaps a bit of memorabilia from Solidor Manor in Brisbane. You could get an rapier from a member of the now defunct Australia Lillian Guard. Do NOT expect to get their Raging Nostrum serum, as that was a closely guarded secret.[/size]
[size="2"]And Anthony Harlem had a unique Dragon Pendant too, can't remember how it was unique, though. He, however, is holding tight to that, or his daughter is anyway.[/size]

Edited by Subtleknifewielder