Building a Museum

Generalissimo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's probbaly a lot of communist memorabilia from Canada, if you might remember. ComIntern and all that.
As for persons, perhaps Fjodor Leclerc, who lead Canada for a good while, and the ComIntern at the height of its power? lol
He also was a scientist, plenty of science getting done under him. :v:

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1320151310' post='2836406']There's probbaly a lot of communist memorabilia from Canada, if you might remember. ComIntern and all that.
As for persons, perhaps Fjodor Leclerc, who lead Canada for a good while, and the ComIntern at the height of its power? lol
He also was a scientist, plenty of science getting done under him. :v:[/quote]Does this include the more esoteric technologies? Leclerc had some crazy stuff! Maybe a taxidermied catgirl?
Something related to the space elevator would be nice. . .

Postscript
Huzzah for Canadian Communist memorabilia

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1320072823' post='2835671']
Anything I can think of (that includes the sentry and old Portuguese weapons) you can have.
[/quote][quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1276015938' post='2328927']With the war over, Tanya begins work on a new Sentry gun design, seeing as the older version failed miserably in the field. This design would be named the Sentry TG3A, TG3 for the combination of Disparu's target systems. This version would have more rounds, a different caliber and rockets designed to take out both advancing trucks and light aircraft. Of course, with these new features come new problems. For one, the overall armor of the TG3A needs to be increased, but doing so with slow the gun down and even adversely affect performance. With the .30 caliber round obviously not powerful enough to do any sort of damage, requests have been made to manufacture .408 and possibly even .50 caliber rounds for use in the Sentry. Incendiary ammo would most likely be used in the Sentry as well. The rockets may also be inaccurate, due to their length and the short "tube" they fly out from. A design of the Sentry TG3A is shown below.

[img]http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/a/a0/Lvl3sentry.png[/img]

MiG-31 aircraft will begin production in Coruscantan factories after they have been rebuilt.[/quote]Turret is credit to team!
Procinctia now has an authentic Team Fortress turret, I'm unstoppable Mwhahahahahaha!

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1320153791' post='2836419']No catgirls, those were euthanised before I rerolled.
For anything else, there's bound to be some stuff in my news threads from back then. I don't remember anything right now, though.[/quote]Oh course they were euthanised, hence the taxidermy, because stuffed catgirls makes a great mantle pieces!
Don't worry, I'll come up with something else. ^_^
Maybe a powered down and derelict Artificial Intelligence or hull of a prototype super fighting robot?
While I can’t fit the entire space elevator in a museum how about stuff from the groundbreaking Canadian space program?

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1320153980' post='2836422']How about any memorabilia from the Dragon Cult, from its defunct temple in Bangalore? The cult is long since destroyed, but I could cook up some remnants, :D[/quote]Artifacts from the Dragon Cult are fine, so long as it’s not an unexploded nuclear missile the cult used ceremoniously
– with Maelstrom nothing can surprise me anymore.

Once the museum has everything from the Dragon temple in Bangalore I’m worried that it will unintentionally be a holey site for fringe cultists. . . not that will stop me.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1320097594' post='2835964']Probably the Staatspresident. He was reported killed in the nuclear blast that destroyed Pretoria, but they Never Found the Body, so a guy can hope.[/quote][quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1320097594' post='2835964']Probably the Staatspresident. He was reported killed in the nuclear blast that destroyed Pretoria, but they Never Found the Body, so a guy can hope.[/quote][b]Botha’s not Dead![/b] He’s just hiding?
Still, I suppose I’ll have to add a Botha exhibit.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320154693' post='2836428']
Artifacts from the Dragon Cult are fine, so long as it’s not an unexploded nuclear missile the cult used ceremoniously
– with Maelstrom nothing can surprise me anymore.

Once the museum has everything from the Dragon temple in Bangalore I’m worried that it will unintentionally be a holey site for fringe cultists. . . not that will stop me.
[/quote]

No, no nuclear materials or weaponry of any sorts which have all been destroyed anyway. I would however send over "Users Manuals" describing some of the crazy techs like the Se Crawler since I am unsure whether or not its real existence has ever been permitted in CNRP.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1320154937' post='2836430']No, no nuclear materials or weaponry of any sorts which have all been destroyed anyway. I would however send over "Users Manuals" describing some of the crazy techs like the Se Crawler since I am unsure whether or not its real existence has ever been permitted in CNRP.[/quote]Ah yes. . . Sea Crawlers. Those were delightfully controversial.
Like lots of technology that is discarded with various rulings they once existed, but aren’t practically functional these days, that’s why CNRP is full of ‘lost’ technologies.
That said, I wouldn’t mind having a Sea Crawler on display.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320155277' post='2836437']
Ah yes. . . Sea Crawlers. Those were delightfully controversial.
Like lots of technology that is discarded with various rulings they once existed, but aren’t practically functional these days, that’s why CNRP is full of ‘lost’ technologies.
That said, I wouldn’t mind having a Sea Crawler on display.
[/quote]

Okay, a Sea Crawler it is, hopefully Mael does not mind.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320154298' post='2836424']
Oh course they were euthanised, hence the taxidermy, because stuffed catgirls makes a great mantle pieces!
Don't worry, I'll come up with something else. ^_^
Maybe a powered down and derelict Artificial Intelligence or hull of a prototype super fighting robot?
While I can’t fit the entire space elevator in a museum how about stuff from the groundbreaking Canadian space program?
[/quote]
Most of those 'catgirls' were just humans with cat ears :V
It's like taxidermy on a normal person. =P

Anyways. I only ever had one AI, and that was in the GDR... Though I suppose you might find the first attempts at this stuff, even if I have no idea what such a prototype AI would be like.
Space programm, there's probably those old shuttles and all still somewhere, either in Canada or Rebel Army (whom I gave much of my space stuff via treaty due to reroll).

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1320174926' post='2836607']I'm sure I could rustle up some old possessions of Tom Dobbs, Sir Michael Harland, and Louis Egon.[/quote] Besides the ribbon is there anything specific you want to mention, otherwise my description might be a little be vague.
A vague description would be something like, “The [i]Procinctia National Museum[/i] will host personal possessions of Tom Dobbs, Sir Michael Harland, and Louis Egon. . .”
If you want to write descriptions of anything feel free to post it here and I’ll add it in.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1320174926' post='2836607']I could even find the pink ribbon that Sarah Tintagyl tied around Louis Egon's neck after killing him.[/quote]A certain cult of personality/ high school fanclub/political party/former country in Procinctia might try to claim Egon’s pink ribbon for themselves. . .

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1320158051' post='2836452']Most of those 'catgirls' were just humans with cat ears :V
It's like taxidermy on a normal person. =P[/quote]That would be more than a little creepy, but I wouldn’t put it past Generalissimo – good thing he’s not (yet) in charge of this museum.[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1320158051' post='2836452']Anyways. I only ever had one AI, and that was in the GDR... Though I suppose you might find the first attempts at this stuff, even if I have no idea what such a prototype AI would be like.
Space programm, there's probably those old shuttles and all still somewhere, either in Canada or Rebel Army (whom I gave much of my space stuff via treaty due to reroll).[/quote] An AI would look like a supercomputer only more futuristic? Unless the AI was a brain in a jar hooked up to a computer.
If your old space stuff is in Rebel Army I’ll have to ask Rebel Army.
Something related to the space elevator would be awesome, what sort of vehicles were used to build it?
What about the Singapore/GDR/Sri-Lanka spacecraft? Anything particularly noteworthy?

Edited by Generalissimo

There's a museum in the defunct Great Lakes States' abandoned capital, New City (located on the RL location of St Ignace), containing some of their military's equipments that were used in their civil wars. I'm pretty sure the artifacts are at least 50 years old according to the 1 RL month=1 RP year.

And when I mean "abandoned", it's been used by Midwest Republic Air Force as a practice live bombing site. That includes the museum. And no, the Midwest Republic's government won't stop it because it's cheaper to bomb a ruin than to build a new bombing site.

There's also Great Lakes Provinces' military stuff, surprisingly some of them are still intact as most of them were destroyed. The problem is that they're sitting on the bottom of the Great Lakes.

Edited by HHAYD

Canuckistan's space shuttles (later used by the GDR, too): [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=37702&view=findpost&p=1497560"]Click me[/url]
As for the AI, it'd basically be rows upon rows of stupidly powerful computers, cooled by liquid helium for maximum efficiency. If I remember right, the room in which you could talk with Lynneth (who was the person turned AI) was around 20 degrees celsius below zero. That temperature was what lead to Fjodor Leclerc's death when he sat down with Lynneth [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=62364&view=findpost&p=2360314"]for a last chat.[/url]
Gee, that post made me cry when I wrote it.

[quote name='Motorhead' timestamp='1320190522' post='2836779']You should totally get one of the Tupolev Tu-160s the Xinyan military used to napalm-bomb the city of Bouake and the crowds of refugees who attempted to escape back during the war with the Ottoman republic.

Good times.[/quote]I’ll take it but that particular artifact might give an impression the Xinyan Republic was totally evil.
Is there anything you might want donate that would counterbalance opinions of people visiting the museum about your former country?

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1320187229' post='2836747']Canuckistan's space shuttles (later used by the GDR, too): [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=37702&view=findpost&p=1497560"]Click me[/url][/quote] Procinctia’s national museum has both Endeavour and Pegasus class pace shuttles.
Technology housed by the museum is now so far above Procinctia’s average technology comparisons are laughable.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1320187229' post='2836747']As for the AI, it'd basically be rows upon rows of stupidly powerful computers, cooled by liquid helium for maximum efficiency. If I remember right, the room in which you could talk with Lynneth (who was the person turned AI) was around 20 degrees celsius below zero. That temperature was what lead to Fjodor Leclerc's death when he sat down with Lynneth [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=62364&view=findpost&p=2360314"]for a last chat.[/url]
Gee, that post made me cry when I wrote it. [/quote]I don’t blame you because that is a moving story. I can’t do it justice talking about it here.

As an exhibit the AI would be a room (or warehouse) full of rows upon rows of stupidly powerful computers, with the deterioration from years of disuse, all completely unpowered, at room temperature without liquid helium. Everything would be set up as it was, yet with nothing anywhere near functional. . . but that’s kind of dry.
How can I make an exhibit that capture the [u]real[/u] significance of it?

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1320186816' post='2836743']There's a museum in the defunct Great Lakes States' abandoned capital, New City (located on the RL location of St Ignace), containing some of their military's equipments that were used in their civil wars. I'm pretty sure the artifacts are at least 50 years old according to the 1 RL month=1 RP year.

And when I mean "abandoned", it's been used by Midwest Republic Air Force as a practice live bombing site. That includes the museum. And no, the Midwest Republic's government won't stop it because it's cheaper to bomb a ruin than to build a new bombing site. [/quote]We need an adventure, a journey through the Midwest Republic’s bombing site to a derelict museum to rescue artifacts - all whilst being bombed.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1320186816' post='2836743']There's also Great Lakes Provinces' military stuff, surprisingly some of them are still intact as most of them were destroyed. The problem is that they're sitting on the bottom of the Great Lakes.[/quote] You have some of the craziest designs>? Like the aluminum tank!
Are you sure there’s no way to get any of that stuff, Procinctia will pay top Peso to get that salvaged from the bottom of the Great Lakes.