Building a Museum

Generalissimo

I’m putting together a national museum in CNRP, a venture attempting to outdo the mixed result of Subtleknifewielder’s [b]Museum of Religion[/b], for Procinctia.
I have some sufficiently swag stuff now but my collection doesn’t feel complete.
I’m looking for things from various nations that would look good in a museum.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technologies that used to be common in CNRP but aren’t in production because of rules changes would also be appreciated.

Things like the husks of trashed mecha, trashed powered armor, and dilapidated combat lasers.

Anything your country (or previous country) used to have would be awesome .

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1319952691' post='2834898']I could give you one of my more gaudier tanks - I think iKrolm got one because he wanted it for its novelty. Should be phasing it out soon.[/quote]The gaudier the better but information, links, and/or pictures would be helpful!
Can I also ask for some of your old Command and Conquer gear? I'm sure it's museum worthy.

Edited by Generalissimo

I'm actually quite embarrassed, but i've actually checked and technically [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=59602&view=findpost&p=1624264"]this[/url] would be the MBT I'm using even now. I must remedy his at once. [sub]You can also have whatever you want, although I will be finding some use for that stuff later.[/sub]

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1319952691' post='2834898']
I could give you one of my more gaudier tanks - I think iKrolm got one because he wanted it for its novelty. Should be phasing it out soon.
[/quote]

Yep, I still have a couple of Defenders with the meat-grinder aka digging things on front.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1319959284' post='2834922']You can have a diorama of a Marscurian Siberian turnip farm.[/quote]Sure, why not.

Are you sure there isn't anything else?
Marscurian Siberia has a solid factbook and decent history – are you sure turnips cover everything noteworthy about your country?

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1319984327' post='2835011']There's probably some old Coruscantan sentry guns lying around somewhere. If you really want it, there's some Portuguese weapons from the Brotherhood era sitting somewhere as well.[/quote]That’s the turret from Team Fortress! Yes I really want one.
Are you willing to donate on to the museum?

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1319984420' post='2835013']
Sure, why not.

Are you sure there isn't anything else?
Marscurian Siberia has a solid factbook and decent history – are you sure turnips cover everything noteworthy about your country?
[/quote]
You have no idea how central turnips are to the country. We just finished our Strategic Turnip Reserve.

Although, if you want something bigger, we can give you some cars from Masibau motors (made in large part out of turnip fibers).

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

If you need some space-filling stuff so the museum doesn't look empty, you could probably do it with all the various currencies that nations have used over the years, especially the short-lived ones.

As for donating anything to that effect, there are probably a lot of old Rand banknotes and coins laying around Transvaal (since it's switched to the Arctican dollar by now) that people could donate.

Or a steam locomotive (if there's any ships that could carry it) or even the entrance sign from the old Transvaler prison camp for homosexuals. That ought to be a nice addition, the military probably has it somewhere as evidence (a bunch of bodies were dumped at the former site a couple years ago).

I bet there's a load of souvenirs and curiosities from Transvaal that would be good in a museum, but I can't think of any more.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1319955401' post='2834911']
I only need one of each if Aeon/Nod gets an exhibit.
Can I ask who the donor is?
[/quote]

It'd prolly be the Aeon. Expect them to try to demonize Nod as much as possible ie: That Defender tank will have life sized, bloodied corpses chained to it to accentuate the supposed barbarity Nod perpetuated during its reign.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1319989656' post='2835045']You have no idea how central turnips are to the country. We just finished our Strategic Turnip Reserve.

Although, if you want something bigger, we can give you some cars from Masibau motors (made in large part out of turnip fibers).[/quote]I'll add both!
Your Marscurian Siberian turnip farm diorama and the entire Masibau motors line will be add to the collection.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1320067438' post='2835643']It'd prolly be the Aeon. Expect them to try to demonize Nod as much as possible ie: That Defender tank will have life sized, bloodied corpses chained to it to accentuate the supposed barbarity Nod perpetuated during its reign.[/quote] Everything form Nod will be credited to Aeon.
Don’t worry about an Anti-Nod bias because we have you covered.
I had an entire book questioning Nod in my printing thread. . .

[center][b]Consperacy of Kane[/b]
by Generalissimo
[img]http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/02/14/21461_normal.jpg[/img][/center]Various incarnations of multiple nations and organizations named Nod, all lead by identically looking men with the same name, often reported dead. . .
Generalissimo’s attempts, constructed from recently declassified Procinctian files, to unearth the enigmatic Kane.
Kane, who Generalissimo believed was behind many things. . .

[quote][b][center][img]http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/02/14/21461_normal.jpg[/img]
Kane

[img]http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/02/14/21461_normal.jpg[/img]
Boris Vladimov

Brother Kane

Former Darkmeind of the [i]Dark Hand[/i] – deceased?

Operative involved in attempted [i]Transvaal[/i] coup

Unknown individual responsible for the rouge hijacked Helzan Missile strike on the [i]Eastern Reich[/i][/center][/b][/quote]

Are there too many links for mere coincidence?

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1320037293' post='2835544']As for donating anything to that effect, there are probably a lot of old Rand banknotes and coins laying around Transvaal (since it's switched to the Arctican dollar by now) that people could donate.

Or a steam locomotive (if there's any ships that could carry it) or even the entrance sign from the old Transvaler prison camp for homosexuals. That ought to be a nice addition, the military probably has it somewhere as evidence (a bunch of bodies were dumped at the former site a couple years ago).

I bet there's a load of souvenirs and curiosities from Transvaal that would be good in a museum, but I can't think of any more.[/quote]These are all exceptional! I’ll add all of it.
The prison sign is an outstanding representation of CNRP history.
Transvaal has an exceptional wiki, so finding additional information will be easy.
I’m sure I’ll want more to represent Transvaal by the end of the day.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1320070716' post='2835661']I’m sure I’ll want more to represent Transvaal by the end of the day.[/quote]. . . And I've already found something!

Transvaal's Qacha Qa-932b - a joke aircraft and maybe the worst combat fighter ever![quote name='Botha' timestamp='1293044462' post='2550201'][color="#000080"]The Qacha Aircraft, Vacuum, and Washing Machine Company of PO.Box #21 Qacha, Sotho Province, Republic of Transvaal has just made its new [i]Qa-932b [/i] multi-purpose jet fighter available for the Procinctian airforce.

Featuring the powerful 50hp Qacha turbo-compressor, this impressive single-seat fighter / interceptor / long range heavy bomber / transport / search and rescue can reach a top speed of 125 mph and an operational range of 20 miles. When used on roads, the [i]Qa-93[/i]2b can extend its service capability to 35 miles (40 if there are no hills). When used over water, the [i]Qa-932b[/i] can also function as a flying submarine.

Made from durable balsa wood, the versitile [i]Qa-932b[/i] is also useful around the house (or military base) for performing domestic chores. It is currently the only operational military aircraft on the market that can both shoot down teathered balloons from an unheard of range of 50... yes, you heard it correct, 50! feet and clean the house.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/ne87pg.jpg[/IMG][i][b]Qacha Qa-932b[/b][/i][/color][/quote]

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1320037293' post='2835544']If you need some space-filling stuff so the museum doesn't look empty, you could probably do it with all the various currencies that nations have used over the years, especially the short-lived ones.[/quote] Adding the full cash and coin for every defunct CNRP nation might need it’s own building!
I’m going to do it. There have been so many countries in CNRP that this could almost be a separate museum.