Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320083666' post='2835815']
Everyone knows that if NSO brings in RoK it will end up being a PR nightmare, therefore, they will not enter the conflict.

Although they (rightly) believe that they get an advantage in surrender term negotiations by posturing and/or implying their allies may join the war... which is why we have 40 pages of them doing that here.

That said, I would like to recommend all Legionnaires (and our supporters) leave this thread, though I acknowledge I hold no sway over anyone.
[/quote]

This is where Legion is setting its self up for a huge amount a failure. PR nightmare? Surrendering to Legion would be the worst PR ever. Calling in allies and either starting a huge war or watching as Legions allies sit on the side lines and watch it burn would be alot of peoples idea of a good time. The very fact the nobody leading Legion seems to have figured this out is baffling. Then again I could use a good war.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1320085017' post='2835843']
Oh my god are you really bringing this up again? Your statistics are ridiculously flawed, first because you don't even bother to remove wars that started before they entered the Legion war from the count, second because you assume no one has deleted wars (hint: they have) and third you don't count wars that were quickly peaced out when nations surrendered. Along with other statistical flaws I'm probably missing.
[/quote]

Deleted wars would just mean that there are more wars between the legion and BTA/NsO/IAA.. and that doesn't matter. The point was that the wars happened, your side claiming that IAA/BTA/NsO did nothing is moot.

As for not counting wars because people surrendered... :lol1:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320085135' post='2835847']
[color="#0000FF"]And what does that have to do with the fact Legion was not declaring war on those three alliances, instead focusing only on NSO and Tetris? Are you trying to deny that you had more than ample resources to deal with two small alliances?[/color]
[/quote]

If you go to the war screen you will see we did declare onthem.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320085130' post='2835845']
To be fair to legion they were outnumbered until just this announcement. At this point I assume they are outnumbered in the lower tier as well, which is where NSO's nations prominently are.

Whether they are still a joke militarily or not may now be arguable. They did face a bigger coalition than themselves and handled themselves well despite what we all (myself included) expected. Does this one war automatically fix their reputation? Of course not, but it's a good step towards it. Whether they reach that goal or not, that's left to see.
[/quote]

I understand where you're coming from. However, my point is, that you cannot make a special exception for The Legion, just because they are the laughing stock of the world. Any other self respecting alliance would be laughed at for the kind of poor showing we are witnessing. I guess when the bar is set lower than the floor, that any space between the floor and air is impressive.

[quote name='mq3eleven' timestamp='1320085559' post='2835857']
I understand where you're coming from. However, my point is, that you cannot make a special exception for The Legion, just because they are the laughing stock of the world. Any other self respecting alliance would be laughed at for the kind of poor showing we are witnessing. I guess when the bar is set lower than the floor, that any space between the floor and air is impressive.
[/quote]

Show me one other war in history that the coalition with less NS/Members/etc. won.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320085696' post='2835859']
Show me one other war in history that the coalition with less NS/Members/etc. won.
[/quote]

You are the larger coalition. Deal with it. Own it. Accept it. Move on.

Even if you weren't at one time, as of this announcement you are only fighting two alliances who are, combined, smaller than you.

Edited by Krunk the Great

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320085696' post='2835859']
[/quote]

It's not my job to educate you on history. That is the job of your failing alliance.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320085757' post='2835861']
[/quote]

Just because alliances on your side didn't perform up to par doesn't discount them. Deal with it. Own it. Accept it. Move on.

[b]Even if you weren't at one time, as of this announcement you are only fighting two alliances who are, combined, smaller than you.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320085865' post='2835865']
Just because alliances on your side didn't perform up to par doesn't discount them. Deal with it. Own it. Accept it. Move on.
[/quote]

The bolded ninja edit is my response.

[quote name='mq3eleven' timestamp='1320085847' post='2835864']
It's not my job to educate you on history. That is the job of your failing alliance.
[/quote]

You're missing the point, and it doesn't surprise me.

There is no other war.

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106320&st=880&p=2835830&#entry2835830]Quit wasting my time, and go back to your litter box with the rest of whatever of you are. [/url]

Edited by Unknown Smurf

I don't know what's more amusing, NSO trying to claim they haven't been defeated even though they are losing strength at the same speed as Legion and have only ¼ as much, or TBB trying to incite something from whichever powerless alliance he's in now.

If NSO want to get crushed into being an insignificant micro for the sake of not admitting defeat, that's their business, but it's pretty silly. Legion is in no imminent danger and forcing a clear victory that even the NSO spin machine can't lie about is worth a few more pixels on their part. NSO cannot call anyone in at this point without a huge loss of face, and I doubt that anyone would want to be the ally that jumped in so late in the day (whoever did that would take a full frontal from Polar, which would hurt quite a bit, as well as having to pull a political U turn of their own). So it's really keep getting beaten up – something which becomes easier for Legion to maintain as the damaging nations are either beaten down to insignificant size or run to peace mode – or admit defeat, something which everyone else already sees. And NSO are not far from irrelevance on an NS basis, another week or two of obstinance and they will be there.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320085991' post='2835867']

There is no other war.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106320&st=880&p=2835830&#entry2835830"]Quit wasting my time, and go back to your litter box with the rest of whatever of you are. [/url]
[/quote]

You're missing the point, and quite frankly with your demonstrated level of intelligence it doesn't surprise me.

This is no such war.

Even if you weren't at one time, as of this announcement you are only fighting two alliances who are, combined, smaller than you.
[/quote]

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320085963' post='2835866']
The bolded ninja edit is my response.
[/quote]

I don't understand why I waste my time with you. I should take my own advice and leave the thread but before I do...

Your response is the stupidest !@#$@#$ logic I have ever heard. Just because one person remains after a guy beats up 4 others doesn't mean he won an even fight. He beat up five guys once he finishes with the one remaining.

And no, this isn't a metaphor to the number of alliances or whatever before you jump on that... I am saying that the logic that the fight only compromised of people who remain at/towards the end is absolutely wrong.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320086197' post='2835871']
I don't understand why I waste my time with you. I should take my own advice and leave the thread but before I do...

Your response is the stupidest !@#$@#$ logic I have ever heard. Just because one person remains after a guy beats up 4 others doesn't mean he won an even fight. He beat up five guys once he finishes with the one remaining.

And no, this isn't a metaphor to the number of alliances or whatever before you jump on that... I am saying that the logic that the fight only compromised of people who remain at/towards the end is absolutely wrong.
[/quote]

You are at this point in time fighting 134 nations. You are also losing NS at the same rate as you were at the beginning of the war.

214 > 134. This war is even. Right.

You do know that spewing bulls!@# can give you Hepatitis right?

You're right, take your spins out of here and let truth remain.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320085991' post='2835867']

There is no other war.

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106320&st=880&p=2835830&#entry2835830]Quit wasting my time, and go back to your litter box with the rest of whatever of you are. [/url]
[/quote]

ah it's come to this. As I said, it's not my job to educate you. Your alliance has been around for a very long time, so they should be well aware of situations where smaller alliances, beat larger more powerful alliances. It has happened, and I was here to witness it.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320086061' post='2835868']
I don't know what's more amusing, NSO trying to claim they haven't been defeated even though they are losing strength at the same speed as Legion and have only ¼ as much, or TBB trying to incite something from whichever powerless alliance he's in now.

If NSO want to get crushed into being an insignificant micro for the sake of not admitting defeat, that's their business, but it's pretty silly. Legion is in no imminent danger and forcing a clear victory that even the NSO spin machine can't lie about is worth a few more pixels on their part. NSO cannot call anyone in at this point without a huge loss of face, and I doubt that anyone would want to be the ally that jumped in so late in the day (whoever did that would take a full frontal from Polar, which would hurt quite a bit, as well as having to pull a political U turn of their own). So it's really keep getting beaten up – something which becomes easier for Legion to maintain as the damaging nations are either beaten down to insignificant size or run to peace mode – or admit defeat, something which everyone else already sees. And NSO are not far from irrelevance on an NS basis, another week or two of obstinance and they will be there.
[/quote]

I don't see how it would be a loss of face for NSO to call in anyone. What is the point of having allies if you aren't allowed to use them? The fact is, NSO is one of the few alliances that wouldn't have gathered a massive coalition and steam rolled Legion from day 1. Instead they stood and fought an alliance much larger and more developed than they. Especially in the key areas of tech, WRC, MP. The fact that they are willing to just part ways and end it with no stipulation as of now actually says a ton about them.

And if you don't think Polar popping it's head out would be like a gopher sticking it's head out in front of a bunch of lawnmowers, you must be slipping mightily.

So I would like to sum up some of this thread if possible.

-Legion, BTA, NsO, IAA agree to white peace
-NSO (well RV) calls BTA and IAA completely worthless (I dont believe an official stance has been made by GATO other than saying anything but white peace would have brought them in)
-Tetris has been respectful to most (good show)
-NSO says they wont admit defeat because they are doing just as much damage as Legion is doing to them by taking the sum of all Legion damages and saying it is equal (despite the performance of the other 4 alliances that were/are at war)
-NSO says they can always call in allies, which some say would be a hilarious PR loss because they waited this long
-A good majority of other alliances not involved think that NSO has been defeated and should just man up and admit because in the future who wants to be allied to an alliance where your choices are (1. Come in and save their ass after a month of fighting 2. Be called a worthless ally because they werent in with them until the end or 3. Eternal war.)
-Krunk and RV are asked where they get their supply

Edit: slight grammatical changes

Edited by MisterShadow

[quote name='MisterShadow' timestamp='1320086768' post='2835878']
So I would like to sum up some of this thread is possible.

-Legion, BTA, NsO, IAA agree to white peace
-NSO (well RV) calls BTA and IAA completely worthless
-Tetris has been respectful to most (good show)
-NSO says they wont admit defeat because they are doing just as much damage as Legion is doing to them by taking the sum of all Legion damages and saying it is equal (despite the performance of the other 4 alliances that were/are at war)
-NSO says they can always call in allies, which some say would be a hilarious PR loss because they waited this long
-A good majority of other alliances not involved think that NSO has been defeated and should just man up and admit because in the future who wants to be allied to an alliance where your choices are (1. Come in and save their ass after a month of fighting 2. Be called a worthless ally because they werent in with them until the end or 3. Eternal war.
[/quote]

46 pages distilled into 10 lines. Brings a tear to my eye, that's how beautiful this is.

/golf clap

/disappears in a puff of logic

Edited by Banedon

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320076750' post='2835712']
[color="#008000"]There are three possibilities

[/color][list=1][*][color="#008000"]NSO Lies and says they were defeated by Legion[/color][*][color="#008000"]Legion, Tetris, and NSO simply shoulder their guns and go home[/color][*][color="#008000"]The war escalates[/color][/list][color="#008000"]Naturally the second option is preferable as it ends a war (The purpose of which was for Legion to show the world that they won't jump into peace mode at the drop of a hat, like the entire world and their mother expected them to, which is admirable I'll give them that) whose purpose has expired.

The first option would be a deception as we have not been defeated by Legion, why would we tell the world we are except to stroke Legion's tiny nether regions even more.

The third option is the least desirable, but still a possibility. It would end the war, yes. It would be much more decisive, yes. Personally? I don't have the time to invest into a much longer war. [/color]
[/quote]

This made me laugh,

1) NSO lies, come on if you are not losing then win the damn fight without having to beg for support from your allies.
2) NSO will never be able to walk away, you will forever be known as the alliance who lost to LOLegion and had to use your allies to save face.
3) NSO calls in allies simply because they made a mistake and lost the war and can not admit it, so they got bailed out.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320087827' post='2835895']
This made me laugh,

1) NSO lies, come on if you are not losing then win the damn fight without having to beg for support from your allies.
2) NSO will never be able to walk away, you will forever be known as the alliance who lost to LOLegion and had to use your allies to save face.
3) NSO calls in allies simply because they made a mistake and lost the war and can not admit it, so they got bailed out.
[/quote]

Your premises are all flawed, thus your arguments are invalid.

Try again. Or better yet, save the world about fifty or so IQ points and stop posting. NSO is a caring soul.

[quote name='MisterShadow' timestamp='1320086768' post='2835878']
[/quote]
Yeah, this is of extreme interest to me. I oughta ask our government to demand its disclosure as part of the peace terms.

Course, I also want NSO to mow my lawn for the next year, but I ain't holding my breath for that...

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1320085213' post='2835849']
This is where Legion is setting its self up for a huge amount a failure. PR nightmare? Surrendering to Legion would be the worst PR ever. Calling in allies and either starting a huge war or watching as Legions allies sit on the side lines and watch it burn would be alot of peoples idea of a good time. The very fact the nobody leading Legion seems to have figured this out is baffling. Then again I could use a good war.
[/quote]

I'm just not seeing this. You think we haven't considered the implications of NSO calling in yet more allies? We have. We just haven't bothered sharing our feelings about it.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1320085213' post='2835849']
[/quote]
If NSO called in allies it would be just as bad, possibly even worse than surrendering to Legion, PR wise.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1320089445' post='2835905']
If NSO called in allies it would be just as bad, possibly even worse than surrendering to Legion, PR wise.
[/quote]
Caring about PR at this point (in general, not just for NSO in this situation) is yet another way to have less fun. It mattered in 2006-2009. Now it's just slowing things down.

Edited by Drai

The argument herein lies in an inherent misunderstanding of the premises. One side takes one set of premises and runs with it while another takes still another set of premises. It just so happens that the premises from which NSO is operating are the right ones in this instance.

(See where the divide is? Everyone who disagrees with me will say the premises from which Legion is operating are the right ones. We've said everything that needs to be said in a thread about the surrender/whitepeace/winning-frogger of NsO, BTA, and the late IAA and it has run its course.)