Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Silent Spectre' timestamp='1320077864' post='2835735']
Dude "the first option would be a deception as we have not been defeated by Legion" your profile says you are in NsO... YOU DID LOSE TO LEGION. And NSO is losing at the moment to legion, so shut up and get your facts straight before coming to the table.

I have no problems with NSO defending their ally. To me the reason they are being "picked on" for lack of better words is that it came out that THEY leaked the ss to Tetris, which means they are just as guilty.
[/quote]

In the interest of calling a spade a spade, NSO was incapable of LEAKING screenshots from Legions private forums. The only people capable of leaking those, are Legion members. It is, quite simply, a moronic assumption to figure that they were only leaked to NSO, and that them going any further was NSO's doing. The fact is, NSO may, or may not have, passed them on to Hereno. However, I personally saw them myself. And MY source, was most assuredly not in NSO , or in Tetris. They spread , like anything else that is leaked spreads. If Tetris had not gotten them from NSO, a simple idling for another day or 2 on IRC, would have netted them just the same. This boils literally down to Legion wanting to strike a blow on NSO, for them MAYBE having done(passed the SS's around) what everyone else was already in the business of doing. It really is high time that we all step up and realize, when something leaks, it leaks because people trust people they shouldnt have trusted. Legion set the precedent on NSO months ago. NSO committed in game acts of war on Legion. Legion sat and cowered. NSO posted screenshots from Legion forums. Legion sat and cowered. The ENTIRE time, Legion knows they have someone in their alliance leaking SS's. They know that NSO is getting them. They know ( and if they claim they didnt, then they are liars) that NSO is sharing these for lulz with people. They sat. They did nothing. To take NSO's defensive war an opportunity to punish them for something that they lacked the stones to punish them for earlier, does not sit well with me at all.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320078548' post='2835752']
If you say we have already done that, then what is holding up a simple peace if that was the stipulation?
[/quote]

I suggested earlier that you could just get your allies to post an announcement that if white peace is not declared they will enter. Then everyone can walk away with their version of events intact. The world reaches their own conclusions.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1320078374' post='2835749']
Because an admission of defeat isn't a full white peace. Not all terms are material in nature.

Many consider that Legion has achieved a small military victory. Agreeing to White Peace with the NSO and military peace with Tetris, along with an apology, is simply a confirmation of that. They can be stubborn and refuse to do so but so can the enemies and, at this level, rebuilding is very easy to do, even if they do not call in allies. It could result in a prolonged war that would further weaken Legion but barely worsen NSO's position.

Sometimes, one has to be realistic. Legion comes from far, far away. What they have achieved so far is nothing short of a miracle.

You're trying to tell me that terms, on Planet Bob, have been imposed to alliances following the justice of the casus belli?

Please.
[/quote]

Then I don't understand what your point is. If NSO wants to continue fighting rather than admit to white peace because they believe that the result is a "miracle," they are more than welcome to. You are correct, NSO can be stubborn and continue to take a drubbing but I'm unsure of where their allies coming in to support Tetris' and NSO's aggressive actions fit into this.

Now I'm to believe that simply because a few people believe Legion to be a joke that the definition of justice is to be warped in NSO's favor?
That white peace on condition of admitting defeat (defeat, that you readily admit has been attained,) is being considered harsh by some is only telling that some would rather this escalate rather than actual justice be found.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320078608' post='2835754']
In the interest of calling a spade a spade, NSO was incapable of LEAKING screenshots from Legions private forums. The only people capable of leaking those, are Legion members. It is, quite simply, a moronic assumption to figure that they were only leaked to NSO, and that them going any further was NSO's doing. The fact is, NSO may, or may not have, passed them on to Hereno. However, I personally saw them myself. And MY source, was most assuredly not in NSO , or in Tetris. They spread , like anything else that is leaked spreads. If Tetris had not gotten them from NSO, a simple idling for another day or 2 on IRC, would have netted them just the same. This boils literally down to Legion wanting to strike a blow on NSO, for them MAYBE having done(passed the SS's around) what everyone else was already in the business of doing. It really is high time that we all step up and realize, when something leaks, it leaks because people trust people they shouldnt have trusted. Legion set the precedent on NSO months ago. NSO committed in game acts of war on Legion. Legion sat and cowered. NSO posted screenshots from Legion forums. Legion sat and cowered. The ENTIRE time, Legion knows they have someone in their alliance leaking SS's. They know that NSO is getting them. They know ( and if they claim they didnt, then they are liars) that NSO is sharing these for lulz with people. They sat. They did nothing. To take NSO's defensive war an opportunity to punish them for something that they lacked the stones to punish them for earlier, does not sit well with me at all.
[/quote]

And on page 42 someone finally gets it.

There is hope for you yet, Planet Bob.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1320078693' post='2835755']
I suggested earlier that you could just get your allies to post an announcement that if white peace is not declared they will enter. Then everyone can walk away with their version of events intact. The world reaches their own conclusions.
[/quote]

I personally can't do much of anything....

Apparently according to Spectre Im not even a member of NSO :blink:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320078608' post='2835754']
[/quote]

Ah yes, when all else fails at attempting to escalate a war, go back to the near-universally accepted CB and claim that certain facts are simply not true anymore and blame Legion for NSO/Tetris spying on them.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320078822' post='2835759']
Ah yes, when all else fails at attempting to escalate a war, go back to the near-universally accepted CB and claim that certain facts are simply not true anymore and blame Legion for NSO/Tetris spying on them.
[/quote]

Please respond to my comment then, if you don't want to delve on the CB issue.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320077274' post='2835722']
[color="#008000"]If NSO aggressively attacked Legion, where are Legions allies pouncing on their mutual defense clauses? What? You mean Legion's war was a war of aggression (Warranted or not, they are the aggressors)? Well shoot, that throws your theory of Legion being aggressively attacked by our alliance out the window.

NSO attacked Legion because Legion attacked Tetris. That's what a MDP is. "If you attack this alliance, then we will attack you in defense."[/color]

[color="#008000"]NSO knows when she has been defeated, and it is surely not now. She has faced much greater odds than this and lost NS at the same rate plenty of times.[/color]
[/quote]

Your first point was covered 2 weeks ago, and talked to death then. Please do find a new talking point. To re-iterate, Legion has not asked our allies to come in, so therefore they have not.

Your second point is correct.

Your third point, Legion asks no reps, no punitive measures, and no lulz conditions. If your Sith pride cannot handle surrendering to an alliance that you mocked and derided for months on end that is your problem. Legion gov is letting you and Tetris off extraordinarily lightly, we only require you to temporarily acknowledge reality, and then you can go back to doing whatever Sith do. If that is beyond your ability that is your problem.

This war will end 3 ways:

1. The Sith publicly admit defeat, and surrender with no additional requirements.
2. The Sith publicly admit they're all talk, no substance by calling in their allies.
3. The Sith fight a losing battle as Legion breaks them apart and destroys them utterly.

I'm partial to option 1 or option 3.

TL;DR

Bend your knee NSO, or we will break you over ours.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320078817' post='2835758']
I personally can't do much of anything....

Apparently according to Spectre Im not even a member of NSO :blink:
[/quote]

And I'm not Legion gov. You understand where I'm coming from though? That announcement gets posted, the war ends - we claim to have beaten you, you claim to have leveraged the end to a stalemate everyone else claims whatever the hell they want to claim. The war is over.

I don't believe at this point anyone is going to be convinced of anything. The lines are well and truly drawn and everyone's mind is made up.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320078822' post='2835759']
[/quote]

Yeah, how silly of me to blame a Legion member for the leaking SS's. Even though it is a 100000000000% certainty that it is a Legion member doing it. We should all ignore that fact. No, really, we should. We should also ignore the fact that EVERYTHING that is leaked, is passed around. And we want to legitimize punishing NSO for passing them around, even though, they were being passed around by at LEAST 1 other source (you seem to have missed the fact that *I* got them from someone not in Legion, NSO or Tetris) You are right, everything is played close to the vest, and people dont pass things around. I am sorry I was wrong, I hope you can forgive my ignorance.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320077418' post='2835725']
As one of your points as Legion exhibiting hubris you stated one random member of Legion may or may not have (you did not provide evidence, nor have I seen it,) stated that they wished NSO would disband.
[/quote]

I haven't even been following this thread that closely, but [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106320&st=380&p=2834396&#entry2834396"]your evidence[/url].

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320077418' post='2835725']
I provided more context in stating that NSO itself and its government members supported an entire list of alliances they wished to disband, and thus found the comparison of Legion exhibiting hubris ironic, if not moot.
[/quote]

I don't mean to be pedantic here but that would only be ironic if the original allegation was levied by a Sith, not by me.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1320045866' post='2835586']
So you have managed to go from pre-war boasting that NSO could take out Legion by yourselves to mid to end war trying to belittle and shoulder blame to your coalition mates as an excuse to hide your less than satisfactory performance.
[/quote]
Quite. Who would have thought that the New Sith Order would resort to that kind of behaviour?

The position of The Legion government is that we have no reason to continue this conflict any longer. We do not wish to hold either Tetris or NSO in perma-war. Our cause for war has been satisfied.

Tetris has lost 70% of it's pre-war NS, and NSO has lost over 60%. The Legion on the other hand has lost less than 40% of it's pre war NS. Of the 30 Tetris nations, 28 of them are either in Anarchy or Peace Mode (93%), and of the 104 NSO nations, 91 of them are in Anarchy or in Peace Mode (87%). Unless those alliances are going to take their nations out of Peace Mode, there is very little left for us to hit.

Looking at the facts, The Legion has done more damage to Tetris and NSO than has sustained from any of the combatants in this war so far, and by the standards of most casual observers has won. So we stand at a crossroads. We are reasonable and wish to show magnanimity in our victory, we have repeatedly said that we don't want any reps from NSO or Tetris, and we don't want an apology. All we have asked for is some kind of acknowledgement from them that they wish to surrender.

On a number of occasions, we have been contacted either by NSO directly or interested third parties to broker peace. Yet every peace discussion ends with them demanding white peace, with the veiled threat that they will draw further allies in if we don't accede to these demands.

Throughout this war, we have done all we can to prevent a conflict which really only involves The Legion, Tetris and NSO from becoming global. If NSO/Tetris is serious about peace, then we will sit down with them once more. Maybe we can accommodate a form of words which accurately reflects the situation which external observers seem to agree is what the outcome of this war is. If on the other hand, NSO/Tetris come to the table with the "White Peace - or we bring in allies" attitude, then that says more about them as an alliance then it does about us.

We are being reasonable, and wish to extend the olive branch if NSO/Tetris, so planet bob can move on, because winter is coming...

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1320079052' post='2835761']
Your first point was covered 2 weeks ago, and talked to death then. Please do find a new talking point. To re-iterate, Legion has not asked our allies to come in, so therefore they have not.

Your second point is correct.

Your third point, Legion asks no reps, no punitive measures, and no lulz conditions. If your Sith pride cannot handle surrendering to an alliance that you mocked and derided for months on end that is your problem. Legion gov is letting you and Tetris off extraordinarily lightly, we only require you to temporarily acknowledge reality, and then you can go back to doing whatever Sith do. If that is beyond your ability that is your problem.

This war will end 3 ways:

1. The Sith publicly admit defeat, and surrender with no additional requirements.
2. The Sith publicly admit they're all talk, no substance by calling in their allies.
3. The Sith fight a losing battle as Legion breaks them apart and destroys them utterly.

I'm partial to option 1 or option 3.

TL;DR

Bend your knee NSO, or we will break you over ours.
[/quote]

Your #2 made me lol. Not because it is funny in and of itself. More because, I think you actually think that is true.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320077504' post='2835729']This has already done that, to call in more people now is different than anything in history.[/quote]

Sometimes the world needs to be shaken up a bit, especially in regards to The Legion. They are like a litter box that hasn't been cleaned in six years. The sand is trying to mask the smell, and we all pretend it isn't there, but it's there....festering.

[quote name='mq3eleven' timestamp='1320079279' post='2835767']
Sometimes the world needs to be shaken up a bit, especially in regards to The Legion. They are like a litter box that hasn't been cleaned in six years. The sand is trying to mask the smell, and we all pretend it isn't there, but it's there....festering.
[/quote]

This man is wise.

Okay so then Legion should offer crazy reps and continue to beat on NSO even after Tetris accepts WP. Then, only then, should they offer a middle ground to NSO, and NSO would be foolish not to accept. In fact, forget that... just let Legion ZI NSO and really show CN how fail NSO is. Just my .02

In all honesty, no one wants the cause of a global war to be LOLegion and N-Someone pay attention to me-O. People want GOD and NpO.... (understandably so).. dealing with his mini-drama is a waste of the puppet masters time and efforts. If you want a Global War... make the move. THIS is not it though I am afraid, and pushing this global would be unwise.

Edited by Silent Spectre

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1320079330' post='2835768']
You didn't get the memo? Calling in allies is cowardly.
[/quote]

It is when you claim you can defeat a foe on your own.
That's for sure.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320079679' post='2835774']
It is when you claim you can defeat a foe on your own.
That's for sure.
[/quote]

Of course, how silly could some of our members be to bait an alliance with ridiculous notions that ignore numbers. You might actually TAKE THE BAIT like a....wait.....you did what?

EDIT: Silly Krunk, make a complete thought will you?

Edited by Krunk the Great

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1320079163' post='2835764']

I don't mean to be pedantic here but that would only be ironic if the original allegation was levied by a Sith, not by me.
[/quote]

It would also be ironic if you implied that this latest happening excused what active and current government of the Sith have done in recent time when compared to one random Legion member, was the point I was getting at.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1320079767' post='2835775']
Of course, how silly could some of our members be to bait an alliance with ridiculous notions that ignore numbers. You might actually TAKE THE BAIT like a....wait.....you did what?

EDIT: Silly Krunk, make a complete thought will you?
[/quote]

I'm failing to see how this relates to your aggressive actions against the Legion and why the world should feel sorry for your ineptitude in affording a military and PR victory for the alliance you claim is "incompetent."