A Joint OP/LE Announcement

the wompus

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1316032851' post='2800521']
If they are part of your alliance then they arnt rouges. But if they are part of your alliance and not on your AA then your alliance stats are skewed and your much stronger than you appear. Which in this game is a cheep trick.
[/quote]

They were those "3 NS nations" that everyone was talking about. Most of them were in the alliance I believe.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Merovingian' timestamp='1316033098' post='2800525']
They were those "3 NS nations" that everyone was talking about. [b]Most of them were in the alliance I believe[/b].
[/quote]

That's not correct because they were not flying the Anon AA at time of the war. Look at their AA seniority date.

They were hidden nations that were intentionally created to wait in the wings and called in if needed.

I'm not saying if that is right or wrong, good or bad. Everyone playing the game can make their on call on that. But at least be honest as to what they are.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316036708' post='2800552']
That's not correct because they were not flying the Anon AA at time of the war. Look at their AA seniority date.

They were hidden nations that were intentionally created to wait in the wings and called in if needed.

I'm not saying if that is right or wrong, good or bad. Everyone playing the game can make their on call on that. But at least be honest as to what they are.
[/quote]

Well, I can say for myself that I had no idea of their existence until the day they attacked. I'm not Anon gov, yknow :P

I guess I have to start this off yet again, reminding you that I am not complaining about much, except for the timing of the war.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1316004930' post='2800329']
lol, and people wonder why the things Confusion is associated with are distrusted. Duel (dual?) memebership AAs, that as far as I can remember weren't public, massive down declares... this is also the round we had GR hit us, then 40 minutes later someone else hit us. And we can go back to sicking Catharsis on us, failing, and sending 6 alliances our way. The funny thing with all the talk of perpetuating cycles is we've never declared on G-6/Anon. Just DR in one round that Stevie called a down declare after his entire alliance turtled.
[/quote]

Yes, dual, my bad. Also, the treaty was posted in public, for everyone to see.

Im not concerned with what GR or others, or what Catharsis may or may not have done. As far as I was concerned Catharsis were our opponents, as well as numerous other AAs.

By the time G6/DR came in on you, that was us making our flag move. Who are you to criticize? I pretty much copied the PS/Nordic Ballers model. And the 200 something nuke advantage that gets thrown around is massively skewed by the fact that it was something like hundreds of nukes vs hundreds of nukes, with many nations having substantial navies and cash etc that allowed you guys to remain purchasing nukes by way of MP etc. That late into a round, the nuke advantage doesnt make as much difference as it would earlier.

And yes, PS did stomp DR into the ground, which was a massive down declare. I did understand why you did it, and also the confusion we had with both IRON and BAPS members going their own way that round, despite some of them sitting on the DR AA at the start before they figured their plans out. Oh and btw, it was pretty much just a handful of active nations with good cash levels that I suggested to turtle along with me. I was right in taking that strategy to save my nation for the later part of the round.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1316009976' post='2800363']
You mistake my statement for complaining and that was not my intent. I knew you would throw in the rogues as did anyone who knows you and confusion and I counted on it. Each rogue you send dwindles any influence that you have on the remainder of the round.
[/quote]
Most of these nations were in fact Anonymous nations who had either through inactivity or something other not boosted. While boosting they jumped off the AA so as to not get hit before being ready. They then entered the fray. Stop trying to twist it, and look at the massive ANS difference now. We are fighting as hard as we can, when really the best thing for my nation would probably been to have turtled.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316020744' post='2800436']
Let's see....

[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1001108"]This guy[/url] created his nation 28 hours after the war began and attack OP's bottom 3 nations, all much smaller and all had already eaten 2 nukes each.

[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000622"]This guy[/url] created his nation 10 days ago, was in Anon when the war started but was at 3 NS. He then switched his AA to None, built up, came back to Anon and attacked 2 OP nations.

[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000857"]This guy[/url] created his nation 7 days ago and at the time of the DoW was also in Anon and at 3 NS. He too switched his AA to None, built up and came back to Anon, obviously did a donation, bought an MP and attacked 3 OP nations.

[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000689"]This guy[/url] created his nation on the 4th, was None and at 3NS at theh time of the DoW. Then built up, joined Anon yesterday and attacked 3 OP nations.

[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000485"]And this guy[/url] created his nation of the 4th, idled at 930 NS for 8 days, built up and attacked 3 OP nations. Looks like he was not able to change his AA to Anon because he is the owner of his one nation AA.

Is [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000613"]this guy[/url] the next one to pull the same switch? 10 days old, None AA and at 3NS at the time of the DoW. Built up yestereday and is now [i]Pending[/i] Anon membership.

So it looks like your claim doesn't hold much water.
[/quote]

As above
[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1316028003' post='2800482']
How many times must we turn our backs to confusion? Were you there in re irc the night confusion started talking about how many wars op and anon would fight this round. like cowboy said we planned an early round war last round, confusion gave us reason to not trust anon this round so we chose them.

We hold no more grudges against RE or Synergy.
[/quote]
Once again OP goes to war because of stuff someone says that hurts their feelings.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1316029134' post='2800496']
I cite that war because of all whining from anon, that
war was similar to this one. Wr tried to make amends only to have confusion hit is and try to pass off the fairness. But hey we did not cry we fought back. Confusion's comments combined with his past made it do we had to hit them first.
[/quote]

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1316029943' post='2800505']
We hit you because we dont like nor trust you. We hit you because you have a big mouth, we hit you because we wanted to. Any of these work and are applicable but keep in mind, that you ruined any chance at reconciliation with your plotting.
[/quote]

Paul, and I say this directly to you. We had put everything behind us, and we(kind of) believed that you wanted to also genuinely put it behind. Things changed when I came across you plotting behind my back to destroy my nation, after I had told you in confidence of my plans. History repeated itself yet again, with you playing all sides of a hectagon. Once again, you betrayed my trust and we took the only action we could possibly take.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316036708' post='2800552']

[/quote]
AA seniority resets when you leave and rejoin. We have explained what happened here.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1316028548' post='2800490']
I was there, I also know that it wasn't just Confusion who was throwing things like that around.

Also in current TE it is unavoidable for the larger AA's to not fight, like I have said in the thread before I don't care if you are rolling Anon and SUN, but I do find it funny that last round you said no more grudges yet you cite last rounds Anon war against you as a reason for the war.
[/quote]

What I find funny is that at the beginning of last round, Confusion came to the Anon embassy on our forums to make amends and try to stop the OP/Anon feud or some such nonsense, and then Anon attacked us and a handful of DF nations later that round. :rolleyes: If people didn't want grudges to be held, then they shouldn't spit that BS and attack us. But if what you said here is true, perhaps there was some deception on both sides. What goes around comes around, I guess. ;) Personally, I'm thankful for it because I happen to fall into the "God forgives, OP does not" camp within my alliance.

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1316039760' post='2800572']
AA seniority resets when you leave and rejoin. We have explained what happened here.
[/quote]

Stevie, I made that post to correct this false statement....

[quote]They were those "3 NS nations" that everyone was talking about. Most of them were in the alliance I believe.[/quote]

That is just not factual.

Even your supposed explanation only accounts for 2 of them. And for those two, it is obvious that the nations were created solely that purpose, to idle at 3NS and to be harvested if and when needed.

Like I said, it is up to each individual to determine if they think that is right or wrong, good or bad. I am just pointing out the facts.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1316039992' post='2800577']
What I find funny is that at the beginning of last round, Confusion came to the Anon embassy on our forums to make amends and try to stop the OP/Anon feud or some such nonsense, and then Anon attacked us and a handful of DF nations later that round. :rolleyes: If people didn't want grudges to be held, then they shouldn't spit that BS and attack us. But if what you said here is true, perhaps there was some deception on both sides. What goes around comes around, I guess. ;) Personally, I'm thankful for it because I happen to fall into the "God forgives, OP does not" camp within my alliance.
[/quote]

Owney, myself and confusion came over, and we were trying to amend things. Did you notice when I stopped posting? Thats about when I found out paul was plotting with bcortel, giving him my nation link and saying I needed to be destroyed. I dont appreciate that, when trying to mend fences. How am I supposed to react? Its blatant 2 faced crap that we keep getting from paul.

Now, i do realise that paul plays the politics game to always keep OP in a good position, but we felt that alone was an act of war, and thus we did not break the "truce".

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316040705' post='2800585']
Stevie, I made that post to correct this false statement....

That is just not factual.

Even your supposed explanation only accounts for 2 of them. And for those two, [b]it is obvious that the nations were created solely that purpose, to idle at 3NS and to be harvested if and when needed.[/b]

Like I said, it is up to each individule to determine if they think that is right or wrong, good or bad. I am just pointing out the facts.
[/quote]
Im not sure how many it accounts for, or if the other ones are even our "rouges". Ive explained how inactivity was the reason for those nations in question though. As for the bolded part, well, you are just making assumptions there.

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1316040890' post='2800590']
Owney, myself and confusion came over, and we were trying to amend things. Did you notice when I stopped posting? Thats about when I found out paul was plotting with bcortel, giving him my nation link and saying I needed to be destroyed. I dont appreciate that, when trying to mend fences. How am I supposed to react? Its blatant 2 faced crap that we keep getting from paul.

Now, i do realise that paul plays the politics game to always keep OP in a good position, but we felt that alone was an act of war, and thus we did not break the "truce".
[/quote]
Dont just pick and choose the parts that you want, stevie, during that same periods of time you are talking about you were not a party of anon (kinda like some of these rogue nations now). Confusion was trying to get RE to hit us, try and deny it. That is also an act of war. the only difference between OP and anon is what you see is what you get we dont have hidden nations all over the place waiting to jump on the AA near the end or rogue attackers. Please don't act holier than thou.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316040705' post='2800585']

Even your supposed explanation only accounts for 2 of them. And for those two, it is obvious that the nations were created solely that purpose, to idle at 3NS and to be harvested if and when needed.

[/quote]

I don't know whether that's the case or not, but either way that's a legitimate form of war. What do you expect, no counter-attacks at all? We're already so far behind OP and LE in nukes, ANS, total NS, and every other stat that it doesn't even change much. Those guys are trying their best.

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1316039992' post='2800577']
[/quote]

I'm already being told to stay out but I just want to put this out there before I stop posting.

I distinctively remember that war not being over a grudge or hurt feelings, basically the way I viewed it was OP (only real war that round being a stomp on RE) was the only target besides TPC that Confusion could hit, as most of TE players that are in the loop know both OP and Anon had a NAP with TPC, yes I know you will try to deny it paul but I call someone agreeing to not attack each other (even if it is for the flag and even though you personally disagreed with it) a NAP. So with that there wasn't much either AA could do but fight each other.

So yea, to sum it up I viewed it as Anon trying to have fun.

Edited by ADude

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1316043056' post='2800611']
I'm already being told to stay out but I just want to put this out there before I stop posting.

I distinctively remember that war not being over a grudge or hurt feelings, basically the way I viewed it was OP (only real war that round being a stomp on RE) was the only target besides TPC that Confusion could hit, as most of TE players that are in the loop know both OP and Anon had a NAP with TPC, yes I know you will try to deny it paul but I call someone agreeing to not attack each other (even if it is for the flag and even though you personally disagreed with it) a NAP. So with that there wasn't much either AA could do but fight each other.

So yea, to sum it up I viewed it as Anon trying to have fun.
[/quote]

Paul admitted he was trying to get a Joint DoW on Anon from OP/TPC... Which would have been so much fairer!!!

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1316043910' post='2800619']
Paul admitted he was trying to get a Joint DoW on Anon from OP/TPC... Which would have been so much fairer!!!

Confusion.
[/quote]
No idea what you are babbling about here

[quote name='Merovingian' timestamp='1316042508' post='2800605']
I don't know whether that's the case or not, but either way that's a legitimate form of war. What do you expect, no counter-attacks at all? We're already so far behind OP and LE in nukes, ANS, total NS, and every other stat that it doesn't even change much. Those guys are trying their best.
[/quote]

Counter attacks from someone who was flying your AA is one thing but when you have people sit off your tag so they cant be hit is cowardly. Every one who is a member of OP right now is on OP's affiliation. Having legit members sit off your tag so you look weaker so if someone declares on you you can have half a dozen ready nations to fight is just bull.

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1316047005' post='2800638']
Counter attacks from someone who was flying your AA is one thing but when you have people sit off your tag so they cant be hit is cowardly. Every one who is a member of OP right now is on OP's affiliation. Having legit members sit off your tag so you look weaker so if someone declares on you you can have half a dozen ready nations to fight is just bull.
[/quote]

Uh, they were on the AA when you declared- FYI.

Confusion.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1316047212' post='2800640']
Uh, they were on the AA when you declared- FYI.

Confusion.
[/quote]
Again Lies. You started with 43 nations you now have 46. http://tournament.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=1000688&Extended=1 Example of a guy who either left your AA like a coward or was never on it an is now joining the fray.

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1316047609' post='2800645']
Again Lies. You started with 43 nations you now have 46. http://tournament.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=1000688&Extended=1 Example of a guy who either left your AA like a coward or was never on it an is now joining the fray.
[/quote]

He was there when you guys declared with 10 days seniority and active-

Confusion.

So he had 10 days seniority 7 days in to the round or was that just a typo? And then you prove my point he left the AA like a coward so he wouldn't get hit built up for three days and then attacked.

Obviously there is something wrong here. And I would love to know the truth, but I doubt that ANYONE will let me have it. This whole thing is either a conspiracy or a misinterpretation of statistical data and I want to know which one that it is.