A Joint OP/LE Announcement

the wompus

[IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9877/ople.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=5]There are some things in life that just aren't very likely:[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://arabic.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/e/earthlydragonfly/317.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=5]Lightning striking the same place twice.[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.themagpieonline.com/sites/default/files/field/image/Money,%20man%20rolling%20in.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=5]Me hitting the powerball.[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://parodyrapper.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/TIGER.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=5]well...you never know.

ANYWAY---

I've used idioms before in a DoW, so I don't want to [i]beat a dead horse[/i], however, certain expressions like 'When Pigs Fly' and 'When Monkeys fly out my of my butt' come to mind in this context.

A quick internet search showed that idioms are not exclusive to the english language.

The Dutch say:

[color=green]Wanneer Pasen en Pinksteren op één dag vallen
When Easter and Whitsun fall on the same day [/SIZE]

(whatever that means)

Croatians say:

[color=green]Na sveto nigdarjevo
On St. Nobody's day [/color]

Hungarians say:

[color=green]Majd ha piros hó esik
When it's snowing red snowflakes [/color]

and the Polish say:

[color=green]Kiedy mi kaktus na rêku wyroœnie
When the cactus will grow on my hand [/color]

(Geez and I thought the Dutch one was odd.)

Here comes the segue - BACK TO BUSINESS

If someone would have told me a year ago that I would be writing this DoW, I would've said something along the lines of 'When Hell Freezes Over', which as it turns out is a popular expression across many cultures.[/color]

[IMG]http://americaexplained.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/hell-freezes-over.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=5]Hisorically, OP and LE have fought many wars [i]against[/i] each other, and as luck/fate (or whatever you want to call it) would have it, the time has come for us to work together and kick some butt as one. It certainly has been a long time coming!

That said,[/SIZE]

[color=blue][SIZE=7]ORDO PARADOXIA [/SIZE][/color]and [SIZE=7]LAFAYETTE ESCADRILLE [/SIZE]

hereby [SIZE=7]DECLARE WAR [/SIZE]on

[SIZE=5]Anonymous and SUN.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]You just never do know....do ya?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Halushki - [i]Grand Master of OP[/i]
Bacon and DevilDog - [i]Round 19 Co-leaders of LE[/i][/SIZE]

Edited by the wompus

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say it that this war has been very well executed. I am very surprised that a war started this soon. Also, I am startled by how well the entire alliance is built up, lots of nukes!!!

I am super pissed that I have been hit this hard! But it is TE, I look forward to the rest of the war.

[quote name='Jarhead' timestamp='1315804139' post='2799125']
Hmmm...
I think we'll write DoWs next time
:awesome:
Cheers to war.
[/quote]

My DoW's are nothing special. Plaintext for the non-win?

o7 LE/OP War on the same side for once!

Great, one of the reasons I play TE is because its not like SE, alliance helping each other and hiding behind each other. We are one step closer to making TE no different then SE. Wonderful :((

Nywayz o/ to a good war

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1315829894' post='2799215']
Great, one of the reasons I play TE is because its not like SE, alliance helping each other and hiding behind each other. We are one step closer to making TE no different then SE. Wonderful :((

Nywayz o/ to a good war
[/quote]

Trying to follow your reasoning here. Is LE hiding behind OP, or is OP hiding behind LE? Joint declarations happen frequently in TE and have for many rounds (though usually LE/OP have been on the receiving end)

in fact, your alliance has done the same thing here:
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102607

here we go. You mean SE like protectorates? Like these ones?
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103145
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102364

Edited by Cellardoor

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1315803118' post='2799112']
The Dutch say:

[color=green]Wanneer Pasen en Pinksteren op één dag vallen
When Easter and Whitsun fall on the same day [/color]

(whatever that means)
[/quote]

Whitsun (= Whit[e] Sunday) is also known as Pentecost, and by definition occurs 7 weeks after Easter. Having the two occur on the same day is an impossibility, hence the idiom.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled war. :war:

[quote name='bibliophile' timestamp='1315841520' post='2799244']
Whitsun (= Whit[e] Sunday) is also known as Pentecost, and by definition occurs 7 weeks after Easter. Having the two occur on the same day is an impossibility, hence the idiom.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled war. :war:
[/quote]
LOL learn something new everyday.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1315853063' post='2799293']
It's nice to see LE hit us after we turn down an offer from OP to hit them. Other than that, best of luck. Somethings never change, Carpe Diem?

Confusion.
[/quote]

OP approached Anon about a joint dec on LE? If not, please elaborate exactly what you're talking about(was there another alliance in the mix?) Unlikely that we'd even want to work with you guys, plus that'd be about 90 nations against LE's 28. Yeahhh...we don't do huge down-declares. I have a feeling this is nothing but a slanderous lie. And on top of that, most members of the OP grand assembly have a lot of respect for LE, and had another alliance in mind that they wanted to hit. (You) Gov was kind enough to give the people what they wanted. :)

Good luck!

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1315854197' post='2799307']
OP approached Anon about a joint dec on LE? If not, please elaborate exactly what you're talking about(was there another alliance in the mix?) Unlikely that we'd even want to work with you guys, plus that'd be about 90 nations against LE's 28. Yeahhh...we don't do huge down-declares. I have a feeling this is nothing but a slanderous lie. And on top of that, most members of the OP grand assembly have a lot of respect for LE, and had another alliance in mind that they wanted to hit. (You) Gov was kind enough to give the people what they wanted. :)

Good luck!
[/quote]

<paul711> hey we are exploring new possibilities and are looking at the possibiltiy of hitting ps/le/ and tpc together with anon...what do you think? of course everything is preliminary

Again, ignorance is bliss. You know, the thing is- As has been proved before, What goes around, comes around. And if you guys wish to continue the cycle... So let it be said, so let it be done!

And mind you, you do 'do' huge down declares. If this isn't the most obvious down declare, I don't know what is. I mean, you guys could have kept things interesting and hit say PS & Anon, and you know, change something? It's needless to say, you guys are cowards, everyone who needs to know that, knows it- Whether or not they'd admit to it is none of my concern.

I'm disappointed in LE, I thought it was 'over' after they hit us last round and we peace'd out in an amicable way. Alas, things don't work out as one wishes they would.

Confusion.

Edited by Confusion

This is TE, Confusion. The fact that OP considered hitting us doesn't exactly upset me, nor I would imagine it would LE. We've all fought each other before, and had fun doing so. Not every war in this game needs to be a cosmic struggle between oneself and one's bitter foes.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1315854796' post='2799312']
This is TE, Confusion. The fact that OP considered hitting us doesn't exactly upset me, nor I would imagine it would LE. We've all fought each other before, and had fun doing so. Not every war in this game needs to be a cosmic struggle between oneself and one's bitter foes.
[/quote]

Schad, I know this. This war itself doesn't bother me. Continuously fighting the same people does...Not even that, It's the way it was done.... I mean, was it really necessary for it to also be a down declare? (Anyone who states otherwise is hallucinating) This is a long round though, and many things will happen. Next round, many things will happen too. Unfortunately, we've already begun a cycle which will last an eternity, of that, I'm sure.

Confusion.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1315855010' post='2799318']
Uh oh school is out.
[/quote]

Says the 40 year old who plays CN? Interesting times we're in.

Edit: And yes, I'm 16 (I'm required by law to go to school), so I don't end up like you. [i]Deal with it[/i]. It's also the reason I'm not on at update, who would've known sleeping is more beneficial, I should say, than staying up all night to click buttons? I sure didn't. Please paul, just for staying up until 1am you should feel bad about yourself. Don't worry, I use to stay till' 1 am too. Fortunately, I found out sleeping is necessary in order to function properly.... <--- What are they talking about, amiright?

tl;dr Insulting someone who goes to School is so 2000&late bromigo.

Confusion.

Edited by Confusion

I wouldn't say it's a huge down declare, but it's not the updeclare I'm used to seeing. PS/Anon actually would've been an interesting target for them, but probably a bit too much of an updeclare. Maybe bringing along Synergy and also hitting THP? /shrug

Wars are getting harder to make "even" these days.