A Joint OP/LE Announcement

the wompus

Haha at all the whining, keep it coming guys!

Hey, remember that PLOW thing? And last round when you blitzed OP and DF? You focused 99% of your attention on OP on blitz night to try to ensure a clear victory, which you did not receive. Both our alliances went down, hard, while DF barely countered and lost what, 50-60k NS total? DF was fluff added for stats, and you know it. Anon has nothing to complain about here. This war is more fair since we're actually ATTACKING SUN.

And I literally laughed out loud when confused said OP couldn't take Anon 1 v. 1. If it was a relatively even statistical war, even if you guys blitzed us, we would mop the floor with you. Again let me reference last round, DF was barely touched by you guys so you had a huge advantage against us, your real targets, and we still dropped you guys pretty heavily. Maybe we lost more total NS, but you lost a huge amount too and you were essentially just hitting us.

Again, OP vs. Anon in a [b]fair[/b] fight 1 v. 1, is no contest. OP goes home with the shiny championship belt. It's true and you know it, Con, don't be jealous. :awesome:

Edit: Typo. And don't take my post as an insult guys, I have a degree of respect for some Anon members, just telling it like it is.

Edited by Owney OSullivan

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1315961933' post='2800042']

Hey, remember that PLOW thing? And last round when you blitzed OP and DF? You focused 99% of your attention on OP on blitz night to try to ensure a clear victory, which you did not receive. Both our alliances went down, hard, while DF barely countered and lost what, 50-60k NS total? DF was fluff added for stats, and you know it. Anon has nothing to complain about here. This war is more fair since we're actually ATTACKING SUN.

And I literally laughed out loud when confused said OP couldn't take Anon 1 v. 1. If it was a relatively even statistical war, even if you guys blitzed us, we would mop the floor with you. Again let me reference last round, DF was barely touched by you guys so you had a huge advantage against us, your real targets, and we still dropped you guys pretty heavily. Maybe we lost more total NS, but you lost a huge amount too and you were essentially just hitting us.

Again, OP vs. Anon in a [b]fair[/b] fight 1 v. 1, is no contest. OP goes home with the shiny championship belt. It's true and you know it, Con, don't be jealous. :awesome:

Edit: Typo. And don't take my post as an insult guys, I have a degree of respect for some Anon members, just telling it like it is.
[/quote]

Hey, do I remember that PLOW thing? Hey, do I? No, I don't. This is my first round in TE after a long break. I don't care what happened last round, because to me it has no bearing on the case at hand. As for Anon vs. OP in a 1v1, stop bickering about who *could* win. It doesn't matter. If you wanted to see that, you would've done a 1v1 instead of this.

[quote name='Merovingian' timestamp='1315962698' post='2800051']
Hey, do I remember that PLOW thing? Hey, do I? No, I don't. This is my first round in TE after a long break. I don't care what happened last round, because to me it has no bearing on the case at hand. As for Anon vs. OP in a 1v1, stop bickering about who *could* win. It doesn't matter. If you wanted to see that, you would've done a 1v1 instead of this.
[/quote]
To be fair he is just responding to cons pointless rhetoric. Its not important and anyone who thinks that either alliance would win 100% of the time is an idiot.

Edit spelling

Edited by Mark8240

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1315963022' post='2800054']
To be fair he is just responding to cons pointless rhetoric. Its not important and anyone who thinks that either alliance would win 100% of the time is an idiot.

Edit spelling
[/quote]

I'd think that his post was directed at all of the people that are arguing on my side. But as you said, those hypothetical scenarios are useless jabber. Anybody wasting time arguing about who will win is just trying to brag.

[/quote]

So that's why you didn't go 1v1 against us. :rolleyes:

Confusion.

[/quote]

Im not whining or complaining. OP and LE can do as they see fit. Im not gonna tell you what you should or shouldnt do, thats not my place. I will point out a few things though.

I cant remember PLOW, refresh my mind please.

As for last rounds fight against OP and DF. We felt going 1v1 vs OP was a little unfair, so we added DF in. We were also kind of flag chasing that round (even though we knew we werent gonna make it), and as such had to save our nations not only for OP and DF, but for the substantial amount of rouges we were up against, and were soon to be up against.

[quote]
Losses and gains in the last 36 hours of war...

Anon: +2 members, -58,394 Total NS, -1,484 Avg NS, -6 Nukes
SUN: +4 Members, [b]-9,042 Total NS[/b], -596 Avg NS, -1 Nuke
Total: +6 Members, -67,436 Total NS, -2080 Avg NS, -7 Nukes

LE: +0 Members, +20,027 Total NS, +715 Avg NS, +7 Nukes
OP: +1 Member, +29,875 Total NS, +741 Avg NS, +3 Nukes
Total: +1 Member, 49,902 Total NS, +1456 Avg NS, +10 Nukes
[/quote]

Suddenly your argument falls apart.

As for the OP vs Anonymous 1v1. There is no point saying you could take us when the chance was there to go 1v1. You brought in LE because they gave you the nuke advantage, to add to the ANS advantage that you held.

Again, its your call to make, and you should have fun while your at it. My only concern is that you hit very early in the round. That, as I said before will only generate ill will towards you.

Wars on day 5 and day 7 are even early in a 60 day round. 8.3 or 11.6% of a round. Bringing in a 90 day round means that a day 7 war is only 7.7% of the round in.

[quote name='Merovingian']
I'd think that his post was directed at all of the people that are arguing on my side. But as you said, those hypothetical scenarios are useless jabber. Anybody wasting time arguing about who will win is just trying to brag.
[/quote]

It was to Confusion.. dont take everything as an assault on the argument, there is some subtle Ad hominem debates here as well (if you couldnt tell)

[quote name='Merovingian']

Looks like the show is getting more interesting eh?
[/quote]

I just hope you're not creating a stage for more of Confusions Jabbering and a justification for him to continue... It gets as old as fending off rogues secretly sent by another alliance.

[quote name='jmborwell' timestamp='1315968152' post='2800115']
It was to Confusion.. dont take everything as an assault on the argument, there is some subtle Ad hominem debates here as well (if you couldnt tell)

I just hope you're not creating a stage for more of Confusions Jabbering and a justification for him to continue... It gets as old as fending off rogues secretly sent by another alliance.
[/quote]

Confusion may be a bit rash and childish sometimes, but stop picking on him every chance you get <_<

As far as debates are concerned, I'm actually a debater :P I know what you guys are talking about, just don't have the time nor the energy to put everything I want to say as thoroughly as I want to say it.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1315971518' post='2800147']
All this talk of unfairness is rediculous as confusion's rogues are starting to enter tne fray, as expected. Sometimes things are more complex than they appear.
[/quote]

His rogues aren't going to help the nations that have already been stomped :P

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1315972138' post='2800155']
Just saying things happen for a reason and this is one more in a long litany of reasons for why confusion is despised by many. Like a true child he is taking his bask and going home.
[/quote]

It took me a few tries to understand what the second statement in your sig meant :ph34r: It's phrased a bit confusingly (pun not intended lol) :P

Edit: Btw paul, these "rogues" aren't multis. I see them online on IRC at the same time. :nuke:

Edited by Merovingian

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1315971518' post='2800147']...confusion's rogues are starting to enter tne fray...
[/quote]
Sound the alarms! Now everyone gets a new set of stats to play the up/down-declare game with.

Edited by Awesome Dog

[quote name='Awesome Dog' timestamp='1315975437' post='2800194']
Sound the alarms! Now everyone gets a new set of stats to play the up/down-declare game with.
[/quote]
Ain't that the truth. Marcus is so mad about this war he's sending some of his would-be rogues at you now.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1315971518' post='2800147']
All this talk of unfairness is rediculous as confusion's rogues are starting to enter tne fray, as expected. Sometimes things are more complex than they appear.
[/quote]

Sorry, I forgot that only OP is allowed to intervene into others wars to even things up!

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1315977181' post='2800216']
Sorry, I forgot that only OP is allowed to intervene into others wars to even things up!
[/quote]

Come on Stevie. You are a good guy. You know better than that. <_<

To Stevie, when I refer to PLOW I'm talking about when G-6/RE/DR/Syn etc did a [i]massive[/i] down-declare on PS, LE, OP and WAPA. (Hence the acronym) It was absolutely ridiculous, someone mentioned the 200 something nuke advantage, need I say more? I believe it was the round the DR flag was uploaded. Perhaps DR didn't outright declare on any PLOW alliances,(Hard to remember now) but I saw a lot of DR members switch over to G-6 and fight us. Fought someone I know from SE who was in DR and he told me he was instructed to switch to G-6. And to the new guy who quoted me, I wasn't addressing you, I wouldn't expect you to know/remember.

And to the sentiment that this war will cause ill will between Anon and OP, all I have to say is the seeds were already planted by G-6 + puppets rounds ago, and again last round with the DF fluff war conducted by Anon. Just my perspective on the matter.

And Con, at first glance it didn't seem that a 1 v. 1 this war would be a relatively [b]fair[/b] war IMO given your amount of nations, NS advantage, and nuke advantage. (Many of which were protected by silos.) But given your counter, err I mean lack there-of, I think we still could have taken you. Hey, it's a long round, maybe we'll get the chance yet!