Securing Ireland

Malatose

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1314159296' post='2787486']
[size="1"]OOC: We can skip to the meeting[/size]
[b]Northern Ireland
Moff Kadir's HQ
[/b]

Moff Kadir sat in his office, awaiting the arrival of Price, the leader of the Irish Independence Movement. He shuffled through the papers on his desk, while tossing some and ripping others. He was a frustrated man. A man tired and exhausted. He was a man that wanted to go home.

"Where is this Price person. These Irish want their freedom but take forever to arrive to one meeting. Are we sure he received the memo? Maybe he's out protesting somewhere."

"According to our records, Price received the memo and did reply. As a matter of fact, he is arriving now." his Adjutant replied.

Kadir replied "Ah good, maybe we can get this meeting started, so I can go on with my life and get home"
[/quote]

Price entered the room and motioned to shake the Moff's hand.

"Thank you for the invitation Moff Kadir. Where shall we begin?"

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1314120483' post='2786946']
**Private Reply to MediaCorp**

We would have to discuss the terms of this agreement and other relevant information before we can agree or disagree to your offer.
[/quote]

One Media Control Truck (OOC: size of a tractor trailer) and four mobile studio trucks/satellite trucks (OOC: Conversion van size) were loaded onto two Super-Heavy Cargo planes and took off for IMB: Ireland. Once there, they would be unloaded from the planes and loaded onto a merchant marine vessel owned by MediaCorp that was currently at dock at IMB: Ireland.

Bernard Isidro himself flew to Cork on a chartered MediaCorp jet, clearly marked as a civilian aircraft and broadcasting in the clear. If unmolested, they would land in Cork. A message was sent ahead of Isidro asking to meet with a representative of the Free Irish movement.

Overhead, four MediaCorp owned satellites moved from their current position over northern Europe to closer to Ireland. Another two were placed on standby to do the same.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1314188398' post='2787620']
One Media Control Truck (OOC: size of a tractor trailer) and four mobile studio trucks/satellite trucks (OOC: Conversion van size) were loaded onto two Super-Heavy Cargo planes and took off for IMB: Ireland. Once there, they would be unloaded from the planes and loaded onto a merchant marine vessel owned by MediaCorp that was currently at dock at IMB: Ireland.

Bernard Isidro himself flew to Cork on a chartered MediaCorp jet, clearly marked as a civilian aircraft and broadcasting in the clear. If unmolested, they would land in Cork. A message was sent ahead of Isidro asking to meet with a representative of the Free Irish movement.

Overhead, four MediaCorp owned satellites moved from their current position over northern Europe to closer to Ireland. Another two were placed on standby to do the same.
[/quote]

The message was received and brought to Kearney's office. He would meet with the MediaCorp representatives himself, since Price was in Northern Ireland taking care of business.

"Tell Isidro I can meet with him today at noon"

"Yessir"

The young man drafted a message and sent it to the MediaCorp representative informing him of the time he can meet Kearney.

Bernard Isidro walked up to the meeting place at the assigned time. He was wearing a nondescript black suit, though each part of the suit was made from bullet resistant fabric and he wore a light bullet proof vest under as well. Never could be too safe with a nation in turmoil. He did not carry any weapons, only a suitcase. There was no money in the case, just a computer that would outline MediaCorp's plan for Ireland.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1314196324' post='2787655']
Bernard Isidro walked up to the meeting place at the assigned time. He was wearing a nondescript black suit, though each part of the suit was made from bullet resistant fabric and he wore a light bullet proof vest under as well. Never could be too safe with a nation in turmoil. He did not carry any weapons, only a suitcase. There was no money in the case, just a computer that would outline MediaCorp's plan for Ireland.
[/quote]

"Hello Mr. Isidro. You do not mind if my assistant does a quick, non-intrusive pat-down for weapons? You can't be too sure with the recent attack in Cork by the ILA and USI's crackdown afterwards."

The assistant began moving towards the representative in a non-threatening manner. He asked him to lift up his arms and place his feet at shoulder-width apart. As that happened, Kearney spoke again.

"Right now, we have had the ability to send our message across Ireland and across outlets around Europe and across some places elsewhere in the world. We never had too much of a concern for those in places such as Africa, India, and Siberia because they do not have influence over our ability to make Ireland a free nation from foreign powers like USI. What I want to know is why Ireland and why our movement? What are your plans Mr. Isidro?"

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1314196296' post='2787654']
OOC: PD controls the airports in Ireland, you need his permission before you land those trucks. You should at least be giving him chance to respond.
[/quote]

OOC: PD doesn't control the airspace over IMB: Ireland, which is located in Gare Loch in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. He has no control over where I land the trucks.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1314197051' post='2787661']
"Hello Mr. Isidro. You do not mind if my assistant does a quick, non-intrusive pat-down for weapons? You can't be too sure with the recent attack in Cork by the ILA and USI's crackdown afterwards."

The assistant began moving towards the representative in a non-threatening manner. He asked him to lift up his arms and place his feet at shoulder-width apart. As that happened, Kearney spoke again.

"Right now, we have had the ability to send our message across Ireland and across outlets around Europe and across some places elsewhere in the world. We never had too much of a concern for those in places such as Africa, India, and Siberia because they do not have influence over our ability to make Ireland a free nation from foreign powers like USI. What I want to know is why Ireland and why our movement? What are your plans Mr. Isidro?"
[/quote]

Isidro lifted his arms, still holding the suitcase, not minding the pat down at all. They would surely feel the bullet proof vest, but with what Kearney was saying, it wouldn't surprise the COO if he wasn't wearing one as well. When Kearney finished speaking and the pat down finished, Isidro smiled.

"Mr. Kearney, you may think you have the ability to get your message out however and whenever you want it, but do you really? How would you get your message out if they took over your radio stations? How are you broadcasting video? Of course, other outlets can pick up what you transmit and act as a mirror, retransmitting it if you will, but this takes time and leads to signal degradation. What I can offer you is instantaneous coverage of the whole of Erie by video or radio transmission. Because what I have, and you do not, Mr. Kearney, are near-unlimited resources, and," Isidro pointed upwards, "satellites."

Smiling again, the man placed the suitcase on the table and opened it, revealing the computer. The screen showed images of the Media Control Truck and satellite trucks. "I can offer you all the resources you'll need to get your message to anywhere you want in the world, and to change hearts and minds here at home. You want the ILA demonized? You want the USI and CED out of Erie? You need my help. Peaceful marches, while a nice gesture, won't win a war of this magnitude. You need something louder than 10,000 voices in a street."

"All we ask, as we said, is a seat at the table once the new nation is formed. A seat in regards to the television, internet, and communications infrastructure of the new nation. Beyond that, our services are free."

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1314185317' post='2787610']
Price entered the room and motioned to shake the Moff's hand.

"Thank you for the invitation Moff Kadir. Where shall we begin?"
[/quote]

Kadir shrugged and shook Price's hand.

"I won't go through the normal diplomatic pleasantries, as I don't see a real reason to. Therefore, I will jump straight to the point."

After speaking, Kadir signaled to his adjutant, who proceeded to lay a map of Ireland on his desk. Kadir pointed to Ireland and began to speak.

"Ireland. This is where we are. This place has the potential to become a hotbed of trouble, or a region of peace. Fortunately for us, I have been tasked with maintaining peace, in the North at-least. I don't know what the USI is doing, but it's obviously not working with all the protest. However, that is besides the point. The point is that I want to maintain peace here. The point is that I see you as necessary to maintain those goals. So, in a way, you could say that I have a small proposition."

Kadir shrugged and drank some of his tea.

"The Empire of Dalmatia will recognize you as the legitimate government of Northern Ireland. Your status in the South will have to be determined by the USI, which I assume won't be an easy matter. You can proceed with that at your own risk. The military-slash-naval base being constructed in the North will remain in Dalmatia control. To protect your sovereignty as a new nation, we would be willing to send you weapons. How you use these are entirely up to you."

[size="1"]SIC[/size]

[b]Northern Ireland
Imperial Military Base[/b]

The first Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile unit was activated in Northern Ireland. It's main task was to safeguard the Irish coast and more importantly protect the newly established military base in the region. For now, these missiles will be equipped with conventional warheads; however, the Supreme Command of the Armed Forces of the Empire has ordered the deployment of nuclear weapons to the Northern Ireland Military Base. These warheads will be transported by heavy transport, and will be used defensively.

[b]Classified Movements[/b]:

The UFE task force began assuming position for humanitarian and kinetic operations 200 nmi north at a 45 degree angle from Athenian Portugal. Forces were ordered to prepare for necessary perimeter defense operations. Support units were setup to fulfill UFE obligations under the Sovereign Initiative Treaty be they humanitarian or other.

Initially, UFE Tankers and AWACs would be flown to support Athenian and Dalmatian Patrols of Air Space.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1314197750' post='2787663']
Isidro lifted his arms, still holding the suitcase, not minding the pat down at all. They would surely feel the bullet proof vest, but with what Kearney was saying, it wouldn't surprise the COO if he wasn't wearing one as well. When Kearney finished speaking and the pat down finished, Isidro smiled.

"Mr. Kearney, you may think you have the ability to get your message out however and whenever you want it, but do you really? How would you get your message out if they took over your radio stations? How are you broadcasting video? Of course, other outlets can pick up what you transmit and act as a mirror, retransmitting it if you will, but this takes time and leads to signal degradation. What I can offer you is instantaneous coverage of the whole of Erie by video or radio transmission. Because what I have, and you do not, Mr. Kearney, are near-unlimited resources, and," Isidro pointed upwards, "satellites."

Smiling again, the man placed the suitcase on the table and opened it, revealing the computer. The screen showed images of the Media Control Truck and satellite trucks. "I can offer you all the resources you'll need to get your message to anywhere you want in the world, and to change hearts and minds here at home. You want the ILA demonized? You want the USI and CED out of Erie? You need my help. Peaceful marches, while a nice gesture, won't win a war of this magnitude. You need something louder than 10,000 voices in a street."

"All we ask, as we said, is a seat at the table once the new nation is formed. A seat in regards to the television, internet, and communications infrastructure of the new nation. Beyond that, our services are free."
[/quote]

"Currently, Price is in talks with CED regarding support and supplies. Hopefully we will come out achieving a part of our goals. City infrastructure regarding internet, television and such are already capable, just in need of upgrades. When Ireland becomes free, we will want to have rural areas connected to the rest of the nation, and be on the same level as those in the cities. I cannot guarantee that your company sole company contracted for communications, internet and television, but I can guarantee that we will at least discuss with you various proposals alongside other companies to determine which would be best, or which combination would be best, for Ireland.

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1314206810' post='2787716']
Kadir shrugged and shook Price's hand.

"I won't go through the normal diplomatic pleasantries, as I don't see a real reason to. Therefore, I will jump straight to the point."

After speaking, Kadir signaled to his adjutant, who proceeded to lay a map of Ireland on his desk. Kadir pointed to Ireland and began to speak.

"Ireland. This is where we are. This place has the potential to become a hotbed of trouble, or a region of peace. Fortunately for us, I have been tasked with maintaining peace, in the North at-least. I don't know what the USI is doing, but it's obviously not working with all the protest. However, that is besides the point. The point is that I want to maintain peace here. The point is that I see you as necessary to maintain those goals. So, in a way, you could say that I have a small proposition."

Kadir shrugged and drank some of his tea.

"The Empire of Dalmatia will recognize you as the legitimate government of Northern Ireland. Your status in the South will have to be determined by the USI, which I assume won't be an easy matter. You can proceed with that at your own risk. The military-slash-naval base being constructed in the North will remain in Dalmatia control. To protect your sovereignty as a new nation, we would be willing to send you weapons. How you use these are entirely up to you."
[/quote]

"This is something we can agree to at this time. The base may remain in Northern Ireland, and we will accept the supplies and weapons to aid in protection. Is there a document to sign regarding this proposal?"

Kadir nodded and handed the document and pin to Price to sign. With the signing of this document, Northern Ireland will be in your hands and weapons shipments will begin as soon as possible.

[quote][b][center]Document for the Sovereignty of Northern Ireland[/center][/b]

I. The Continental Empire of Dalmatia shall relinquish control of Nothern Ireland to the Independence Movement led by Price.

II. The Continental Empire of Dalmatia promises to protect Northern Ireland from all outside threats, until such a time is deemed unnecessary

III. Dalmatia shall supply the government of Northern Ireland with defensive equipment. It will also supply the advisors needed to train the new Northern Irish Military to use such equipment.

IV. The Northern Dalmatia Military Base shall be treated as Imperial Soil, wholly owned by the Continental Empire.

Signed for the Continental Empire of Dalmatia,
Moff Kadir[/quote]

Edited by Malatose

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1314213425' post='2787746']
Kadir nodded and handed the document and pin to Price to sign. With the signing of this document, Northern Ireland will be in your hands and weapons shipments will begin as soon as possible.

[/quote]

Price looked at the document. Nodding his head at each line. He signed the document, knowing it will be one step closer to the rest of Ireland.

"Thank you Moff Kadir. It has been a pleasure. Now, if you don't mind, I have business to take care of here and in Cork."

Kadir took the document and placed it into his dossier.

"It's been a pleasure."

After Price left the room, he sent an armaments order to the Imperial Capital. However, the order wasn't for Imperial Forces stationed in Ireland. Instead, it was for the Northern Irish Military about to be formed. In the order, he requested the following armaments to be sent to Northern Ireland along with the necessary advisors to train the men.

[quote]To: Department of Military Procurement
CC: Supreme Command of the Imperial Armed Forces, Imperial Ruling Council, Imperial Privy Council
Subject: Military Aid to the Northern Ireland Government

As part of our mission to prevent war in Europe and as part of our promise to support the new government of Northern Ireland, the following weapons and equipment are to be shipped to newly formed Northern Irish Government. Therefore, the following items are to be shipped immediately.

(Enough) StA-12 Assault Rifles to supply an entire army
XE-101 Xenias Infantry Combat Uniforms (plus the necessary equipment to maintain this combat gear)
8,871 Arca IV Nakil Main Battle Tank (plus assorted tank rounds and munitions
Arca Armoured Personnel Carrier
G17 Self-Propelled 254mm Mortar
Panzerschreck Ausf.B Advanced, Fire-and-Forget Anti-Tank Guided-Missile
Enough Lu-65 Air Superiority Fighter and Lu-67 Multi-Role Fighters to equip the entire Irish Airforce

Signed,
Moff Kadir[/quote]

Using soldiers attached to the neutral zone a message would be sent to the leaders of the peaceful resistance movement.

[quote]To whomever it may concern,

Due to recent events and the clear fact you seem to be a true movement fighting for the rights of the people my administration would like to discuss formal recognition and support of the peaceful resistance movement. As it stands myself going to Ireland would cause to much suspicion however if you are willing to meet I will send the Magistrate of Delian Affairs to Ireland and give him the authority to talk for the Hellenic state.

With kindest regards,
Hektor Gabris, Chief Magistrate of the Athenian Federation[/quote]

Price went to the Belfast City Hall and entered his interim office. He made a phone call to Kearney, when it didn't ring he assumed he was in a meeting and left a message. He informed him of their latest success before going on air. Price recorded a video message to his supporters. He had an assistant bring the Four Province Flag over to him as he walked outside. Price told the assistant to turn the video camera on, and to begin recording. Price talked to the camera.

"My people, we have reached a great milestone for our freedom and independence. We have negotiated for Northern Ireland, and the territory is now our sovereign territory. Today, I lower the flag of CED in front of the Belfast City Hall, and raise up our interim flag. The Four Province Flag is a historical flag, going back to our roots. It represents each province of Ireland, equally, as one. It is where we will begin, here in Northern Ireland. We will unite the Island once again. We will be one, once again."

Price lowered the CED flag. Price and an assistant properly folded the flag and stuck it in a case. It would be returned to the CED base in Northern Ireland. They unfolded the Four Province Flag and rose the flag to the top.

"Dia na hÉireann." Price said. His dreams were finally coming true.

The recording ended and it was sent to the Broadcasting House in Belfast. It would be copied and sent to all major news outlets around the world. Price walked inside to his office. He had work to do.

Once he entered his office, he noticed a memo from the Athenian Federation.

[quote]
Dear Chief Magistrate Gabris,

We will be able to accept the Magistrate as soon as he is able to reach Belfast.

Signed,
Mr. Price[/quote]

Edited by Voodoo Nova

As soon as Magistrate Viktor Gariboldi had received notice from the Office of the Chief Magistrate he would take a charter jet to Belfast from Athens International Airport. Normally the government would take a private jet however considering the nature of the meeting no attention was better. As such he also lacked guards. Apart from a vest under his suit he enjoyed basically no protection which made him nervous. Once on the ground in Belfast he would walk towards the exit of the airport. From the information he had received someone would be there to take him to a location for the meeting.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1314228211' post='2787833']
As soon as Magistrate Viktor Gariboldi had received notice from the Office of the Chief Magistrate he would take a charter jet to Belfast from Athens International Airport. Normally the government would take a private jet however considering the nature of the meeting no attention was better. As such he also lacked guards. Apart from a vest under his suit he enjoyed basically no protection which made him nervous. Once on the ground in Belfast he would walk towards the exit of the airport. From the information he had received someone would be there to take him to a location for the meeting.
[/quote]

An associate met with the Magistrate. With him, he brought a few militia members to guard the Magistrate on their way to the City Hall.

"Welcome Magistrate, considering the recent terror attacks during our protests a few days ago, we preferred offering protection if you don't mind. We will be heading to Belfast City Hall, where you'll be meeting with Mr. Price."

They arrived at the City Hall and entered the building. There were militia guards at the entrance of the building of the interim government building. They nodded towards the assistant as he walked in with the Magistrate. They walked up to Price's office, where the assistant motioned the Magistrate to enter. Price noticed the Magistrate enter his office.

"Welcome Magistrate Gariboldi. I hope the guards provided adequate protection on your way to the building. Have a seat; what is it you wish to discuss?"

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1314229892' post='2787848']
An associate met with the Magistrate. With him, he brought a few militia members to guard the Magistrate on their way to the City Hall.

"Welcome Magistrate, considering the recent terror attacks during our protests a few days ago, we preferred offering protection if you don't mind. We will be heading to Belfast City Hall, where you'll be meeting with Mr. Price."

They arrived at the City Hall and entered the building. There were militia guards at the entrance of the building of the interim government building. They nodded towards the assistant as he walked in with the Magistrate. They walked up to Price's office, where the assistant motioned the Magistrate to enter. Price noticed the Magistrate enter his office.

"Welcome Magistrate Gariboldi. I hope the guards provided adequate protection on your way to the building. Have a seat; what is it you wish to discuss?"
[/quote]

"I fully understand, admittedly I am kind of thankful for some protection."

As he saw Price upon entering the office he nodded in respect.

"Well as you probably know my government has pretty much declared neutrality on the Irish matter. However in recent elections it became clear people favored recognition of your movement. At this point my government is reaady to arrange formal recognition of Northern Ireland, in addition we feel we can provide certain military support to handle the rogue elements in the resistance movements." Viktor outlined.

[b]Private[/b]

David looked out of the window of his office. Robert stepped in, "Mr. President?" David looked back, "Come in Robert." Robert stepped inside. The sun was setting and it was the best time of day to be in the Round Room. It was either the work of the masons who might may have purposely designed this to happen or it was by luck. Vice President Robert would always come in during the sun set and relax in one of the nice chairs while he and David would discuss things of interest or just have an excuse to sleep. As the sun reached the horizon the orange light came into the room. It was bright and shocking, but it was dim and brought silence and peace to the room. It would make you sleepy if you were in that situation.

David sat behind his desk and put his feet up on it, leaning back in the leather chair. "If this movement" David said as Robert sat down and quickly closed his eyes, "has the best intentions for Ireland at heart and are sure they can run themselves, then I see no reason why not to let them then." Robert silently yawned and slowly nodded, "If it is best for Ireland, then it is best for us." Robert quickly fell asleep while David day dreamed with his eyes shut.
David had decided that he would not try to split Ireland and the people, but instead would give them another chance to see if they could thrive.

Later that day a diplomat was sent to Belfast with a treaty in hand.

[b]Private Between USI and Ireland[/b]

[quote][center][b]Treaty of Peace Between
The United States of The Islands
And Ireland[/b][/center]

I. The United States of The Islands shall hand control of Southern Ireland over to the Independence Movement led by Price

II. The United States of The Islands will recognize the Independence Movement led by Price as the legitimate government of Ireland

III. The United States of The Islands will assist Dalmatia in protecting Ireland from outside forces by request

IV. The United States military base near Down Patrick on the coast shall be treated as United States Soil, wholly owned by the United States of The Islands

V. All 50,000 military forces of the United States and those of The Kingdom of Cochin will withdraw from Ireland for the exception of the military base on the coast near Down Patrick

VI. Both parties agree to recognize the legitimacy of the other and will work together, to the best of their abilities, to assure peace between one another[/quote]

Edited by PresidentDavid

The United Federation of the East hereby recognizes Irish national sovereignty, and offers 2 billion international bancors in assistance, along with 20 V-22 Osprey, 20 MH-60s Helicopters, 8 E-8 J STars, 8 Upgraded E-3 AWACs, and 18 KC-130 Stratotankers.

Further we offer to construct a Nuclear Fusion Plant for Ireland at a discounted rate of 8% return on investment over 20 years.

OOC: Recognizing Voodoo's government if that is not clear.

Edited by Triyun

[b]In the President's Office[/b]

"They were successful?"

"Indeed Amjad, they have succeeded through non-violent means."

"This is excellent news. Help the newly founded revolutionary state would you Lavo?"

Lavo chuckles before replying. "You ask as if I didn't already have plans to do this after hearing about the second round of protests."

With that, 2 billion Rebel Credits would be offered in assistance to the new government, along with an official offer of recognition of Price's government and movement.