Round 19 changes

Thomasj_tx

[quote name='bannyfaws' timestamp='1312313858' post='2770248']
i,d like to see it changed so that once you choose your alliance ,you have to stick with it for the rest of the round !

too much funny stuff goes on with guys jumping from alliance to alliance for different purposes :ehm:
[/quote]

lol no, AA jumping is part of the fun. Rogue someone's IA and target lists as well as their infra :awesome:

i,d like to see it changed so that once you choose your alliance ,you have to stick with it for the rest of the round !

too much funny stuff goes on with guys jumping from alliance to alliance for different purposes :ehm:
[/quote]

Happens every round and yeah, it pisses me off too but I doubt that's something they could introduce. What if next round, most of us get bored and delete and WAPA is down to about five members, so you figure you better merge otherwise you're getting raided everyday. You wouldn't me able to.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1312344683' post='2770746']
Would like to see a 23 hour Update, Increased Round Duration and lower Wonder Purchases from 10 to 8 days.
[/quote]

23 hour update sounds great, it'd level the playing field for people outside America, like Europe where update is at 6am.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1312342591' post='2770704']
Agreed, although what I would like to see is people being approved to join an AA as a few others games that I have played.
[/quote]

Agreed. I have long been an advocate of this approach. In fact, one of Admin's former games worked exactly that way. I can see that approach working well in CN, especially in TE.

I know a change to the duration of a day on Bob has been proposed many times to no avail but I have never read any proposals on moving the update time to better reflect this big blue ball we live on that is mostly ocean.

For example, as it is now when update occurs the Pacific Ocean is enjoying early evening hours, seems a waste of prime time for such a sparsely populated area of the world. Both the Pacific and the Atlantic cover multiple time zones and the current update time doesn't account for this fact.

The current update occurs at a time that is inconvienient for the bulk of humanity - simply put it doesn't reflect where population lives on our globe.

The eastern seaboard or North America is required to deal with an update past midnight, western Europe has to get up at the crack of dawn...but in the mid pacific it's early evening?? Check the population density, this makes no sense at all.

If admin wants to grow his player base his update should accomadate the highly populated areas of our planet, not the middle of the largest body of water on earth.

Now, admin may live in Texas, and any server admin knows midnight is a normal time to run server tasks but this doesn't really work in this game model. I would suggest by simply changing the time update occurs it could significantly increase the potential player base by addressing where humans live and shifting the dark hours to the least populated areas.

I know if I was trying to increase player count I'd look at the east coast of NA and western europe and focus on them as the primary market, the rest of NA and the pacific rim would be secondary target markets. The middle of a huge ocean would not get the best hours. ;)

Edited by Wired

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1312401381' post='2771102']
I know a change to the duration of a day on Bob has been proposed many times to no avail but I have never read any proposals on moving the update time to better reflect this big blue ball we live on that is mostly ocean.

For example, as it is now when update occurs the Pacific Ocean is enjoying early evening hours, seems a waste of prime time for such a sparsely populated area of the world. Both the Pacific and the Atlantic cover multiple time zones and the current update time doesn't account for this fact.

The current update occurs at a time that is inconvienient for the bulk of humanity - simply put it doesn't reflect where population lives on our globe.

The eastern seaboard or North America is required to deal with an update past midnight, western Europe has to get up at the crack of dawn...but in the mid pacific it's early evening?? Check the population density, this makes no sense at all.

If admin wants to grow his player base his update should accomadate the highly populated areas of our planet, not the middle of the largest body of water on earth.

Now, admin may live in Texas, and any server admin knows midnight is a normal time to run server tasks but this doesn't really work in this game model. I would suggest by simply changing the time update occurs it could significantly increase the potential player base by addressing where humans live and shifting the dark hours to the least populated areas.

I know if I was trying to increase player count I'd look at the east coast of NA and western europe and focus on them as the primary market, the rest of NA and the pacific rim would be secondary target markets. The middle of a huge ocean would not get the best hours. ;)
[/quote]

best post ive read in a while ,totally agree ! :)

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1312401381' post='2771102']

[/quote]

I'm gonna be weird on this one and say I like it the way it is. Makes things unpredictible. As much as I'd like to be on at update time, I'm usually not. It kind of adds a variable of chance, on what you might be doing that particular day or night. Simulates a degree of miscommunication, and adds to the fun in my opinion. I mean, who doesn't love to wake up in the morning to check their nation to find out that they've been declared on by three nations and have lost half their nation strength!?

[/quote]
Maybe an alliance tracker. Something like our highest infra (Peak Infrastructure 1,264.55) type of thing. casualties minimum in order to win the round would be nice or at least casualties as part of your score.

I have long thought that spies were not given enough options. How about letting spies steal tech and military instead of just destroying it, like they do in real life? Also let them steal nukes and/or set off a nuclear explosion in the opposing nation by sabotage?

[quote name='Therm' timestamp='1312833654' post='2775156']
Wolf, you have a radcleanup set. (Halves GRL)
[/quote]

Oh, well there you go then. Silly me.

One thing I would like to see changed is the WRC. Changes in red.

[quote]
Increases the purchase costs of all military by [s]0.1%[/s] [color="#FF0000"]0.05%[/color] per technology level.[/quote]

The .1 makes things so ungodly expensive and incredibly difficult to keep up in a war in todays Round environment. Cutting it in half would make it more fair.

Seriously Godzilla ftw.

Can we get a cooler navy? Navy could rock if done right but it's kind of boring now.
There's a lot of room for improvement. Here's a few idears off the top of my head:

How about if you have a carrier, the planes can attack the other nation's ships?
Or just air strikes against navy in general.

Battleships, cruisers and frigates can shell the land killing infra, tanks and/or troops - occasionally landing on your own stuff? It would be kind of like the way air damage is done except instead of planes getting destroyed it was your/their troops/tanks.

How about spy attacks against/by navy?

A while back on the other forums I suggested that a naval blockade automatically cancels your 5th trade as long as the war is current or until the blockade gets broken. It would be whatever trade is the most recent. This makes perfect sense. It seems logical that you can't get the extra resources from having a harbor if that harbor is blockaded.

More naval attacks per day! How about every carrier can form a deployable task force where you pick the ships on it the same way you pick which planes to use for an air attack? Every time you pick, the next time those ships you can't use. Each gets 1-2 attacks per day from either a bunch of choices, like shell land, attack opposing navy, blockade opponent, or air strike.

Man there's just a lot that can be done here.
I'm sure other people have ideas too.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1313137272' post='2778497']
Seriously Godzilla ftw.

Can we get a cooler navy? Navy could rock if done right but it's kind of boring now.
There's a lot of room for improvement. Here's a few idears off the top of my head:

How about if you have a carrier, the planes can attack the other nation's ships?
Or just air strikes against navy in general.

Battleships, cruisers and frigates can shell the land killing infra, tanks and/or troops - occasionally landing on your own stuff? It would be kind of like the way air damage is done except instead of planes getting destroyed it was your/their troops/tanks.

How about spy attacks against/by navy?

A while back on the other forums I suggested that a naval blockade automatically cancels your 5th trade as long as the war is current or until the blockade gets broken. It would be whatever trade is the most recent. This makes perfect sense. It seems logical that you can't get the extra resources from having a harbor if that harbor is blockaded.

More naval attacks per day! How about every carrier can form a deployable task force where you pick the ships on it the same way you pick which planes to use for an air attack? Every time you pick, the next time those ships you can't use. Each gets 1-2 attacks per day from either a bunch of choices, like shell land, attack opposing navy, blockade opponent, or air strike.

Man there's just a lot that can be done here.
I'm sure other people have ideas too.
[/quote]

Some navies should have like a bombard that kills a little infra and even some planes :v

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1313127849' post='2778431']

The .1 makes things so ungodly expensive and incredibly difficult to keep up in a war in todays Round environment. Cutting it in half would make it more fair.
[/quote]

Well, most of the tech based wonders need an overhaul.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1313127849' post='2778431']
[quote]Increases the purchase costs of all military by [s]0.1%[/s] 0.05% per technology level.[/quote]
[/quote]
Agree with this.