Round 19 changes

Thomasj_tx

I'm hoping for a change in declaration ranges, hopefully the range will be shortened and people will be forced to choose targets closer to their NS.

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1312222481' post='2769273']
I'm hoping for a change in declaration ranges, hopefully the range will be shortened and people will be forced to choose targets closer to their NS.
[/quote]

im all for that ! :)

[quote name='bannyfaws' timestamp='1312224725' post='2769292']
im all for that ! :)
[/quote]

Awesome, that way your buddy Fleegle aka Lochiel won't be able to do a 50% down declare.

Confusion.

Edited by Confusion

My wish list:

1) Retuning of aircraft combat so that the outcome isn't so highly variable.

2) More frequent wonder purchases opportunities.

3) Something to make naval combat more meaningful to the overall war effort.

I would like to see a change to the scoring system to take into account Casualties as well as NS, both for individual nations and Alliances.

This would put an end to the turtling flag runners.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1312234954' post='2769405']
I would like to see a change to the scoring system to take into account Casualties as well as NS, both for individual nations and Alliances.

This would put an end to the turtling flag runners.
[/quote]
We'll see how much progress is made on that front. :rolleyes:

I endorse the casualties = final score idea. (Maybe implemented as an NS modifier for winning purposes only, so that the guy with a ton of casualties and no infra isn't stuck fighting high-end nations?)

That said, there are other ways to make sure people with no casualties don't win the flag - just give them some. :nuke:

Edited by Einer

Eh, I kinda like flag runners not needing casualties. It gives them sort of like a VIP role for other nations to work around. They end up with pretty damn high casualties near the end of round anyway; someone peaking 3999 infra rebuying troops that get nuked away is bound to have a lot of casualties.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1312225313' post='2769301']
Awesome, that way your buddy Fleegle aka Lochiel won't be able to do a 50% down declare.

Confusion.
[/quote]

Like Fleegle is the only person in TE to have ever hit anyone half their size. :rolleyes:

[u]New improvement suggestions[/u]

Library (+3% literacy, +1.5 happiness)
Tavern (+2.5 happiness, -1% citizens)
Farm (+2.5% citizens)
Gun shop (+7.5% soldier efficiency, -1% citizens)
Dojo (+1% citizens (health effects), +5% soldier efficiency)

[u]New wonders[/u]

Brewery (Need beer and 3 taverns to buy, +6 happiness, -2.5% citizens)
Gunnery Range (+3 happiness, +15% soldier efficiency)
Airport (+3% citizens, +2 happiness)
Godzilla (usable once per war, -25% opposing infra, -10% your own infra)

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1312300218' post='2770098']
[u]New improvement suggestions[/u]

Library (+3% literacy, +1.5 happiness)
Tavern (+2.5 happiness, -1% citizens)
Farm (+2.5% citizens)
Gun shop (+7.5% soldier efficiency, -1% citizens)
Dojo (+1% citizens (health effects), +5% soldier efficiency)

[u]New wonders[/u]

Brewery (Need beer and 3 taverns to buy, +6 happiness, -2.5% citizens)
Gunnery Range (+3 happiness, +15% soldier efficiency)
Airport (+3% citizens, +2 happiness)
Godzilla (usable once per war, -25% opposing infra, -10% your own infra)
[/quote]

There are so many flaws with this, it'd take the rest of the round to point all of them out. For Example, OH HAI INSTA -1000 Infra! Those suggestions would literally break the game, especially when Improvements end up giving a better turn out than Wonders such as the Pentagon.

Confusion.

All those who do not support the Godzilla wonder suck chocolate salty balls.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1312309836' post='2770198']There are so many flaws with this, it'd take the rest of the round to point all of them out.[/quote]
That ought to give you something to keep you busy. Get started asap.
My sekrit plot all along, y'know.

Real edit:
[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1312309836' post='2770198'][...]especially when Improvements end up giving a better turn out than Wonders such as the Pentagon.[/quote]
Like Guerrilla camps?

Edited by Clash

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1312310301' post='2770208']
All those who do not support the Godzilla wonder suck chocolate salty balls.

That ought to give you something to keep you busy. Get started asap.
My sekrit plot all along, y'know.

Real edit:

Like Guerrilla camps?
[/quote]

o/ Godzilla that is all

i,d like to see it changed so that once you choose your alliance ,you have to stick with it for the rest of the round !

too much funny stuff goes on with guys jumping from alliance to alliance for different purposes :ehm:

[quote name='bannyfaws' timestamp='1312313858' post='2770248']
i,d like to see it changed so that once you choose your alliance ,you have to stick with it for the rest of the round !

too much funny stuff goes on with guys jumping from alliance to alliance for different purposes :ehm:
[/quote]

Interesting thought but totally impractical.

You could not get rid of ghosts. Any nation could join your alliance and go rogue crazy.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1312318674' post='2770311']
Interesting thought but totally impractical.

You could not get rid of ghosts. Any nation could join your alliance and go rogue crazy.
[/quote]

Agreed, although what I would like to see is people being approved to join an AA as a few others games that I have played.

I lol'd at Godzilla.

Would like to see a 23 hour Update, Increased Round Duration and lower Wonder Purchases from 10 to 8 days.

We will also likely see an increase starting funds to the beginning of the round as the Admin stated he would like to see changed when he originally switched the starting funds from 1 mil up to 5 mil back in Round 16.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1312344683' post='2770746']
I lol'd at Godzilla.

Would like to see a 23 hour Update, Increased Round Duration and lower Wonder Purchases from 10 to 8 days.

We will also likely see an increase starting funds to the beginning of the round as the Admin stated he would like to see changed when he originally switched the starting funds from 1 mil up to 5 mil back in Round 16.
[/quote]
Hell I think the current 5 mil is enough, it makes it real easy for rogues to put a damper on someone's parade starting out of the gate.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1312344683' post='2770746']
I lol'd at Godzilla.

[/quote]

I almost like the idea of scaling down the starting money week by week. I'm on board with the 23 cycle and the Wonder dates, for sure.

Edited by Awesome Dog