Rate their activity.

Zoomzoomzoom

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310289660' post='2753810']
Being active has nothing to do with what a person does its a question of quantity. Its a simple black and white question, they are here or they arent. If people are on every day they are active end of story. Saying that it did give you a chance to fluff up your feathers again reminding the world how important you think you are or some crap. I wouldnt consider self aggrandising an activity which would mean people like you have never been active but being active is not something I can decide based on how much time a person spends telling people how great they think they are themselves. So as much as I dont like nose breathers I still have to admit they are active.
[/quote]
First of all, what in the world are you on about? Why the irrational lashing-out at Tyga?

Second, no, it is not that black and white. If every member in the alliance responds to ingame orders quickly but they never get on their forums otherwise, are they active? If they get on their forums every day but none of them ever post, are they active? If they have active forums but IRC communication is negligible (or vice versa), are they active? Skype is the big thing now, and I don't do Skype... Am I thus inactive? Activity isn't easily defined because there are several mediums in question here. Does being active on one of them constitute "being active", or do you need to be active on all of them? It is not as simple as "being here".

-Bama

Mostly Harmless Alliance 3
Green Protection Agency 4
Fark 5
Sparta 6
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations 7
World Task Force 5
Orange Defense Network 6
New Pacific Order 9
Umbrella 10
New Polar Order 7
The Order Of The Paradox 8
The Last Remnants 6
Viridian Entente 7
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization 7
Non Grata 7
The Democratic Order 2
RnR 6
FOK 5
Nordreich 6
Random Insanity Alliance 7
Mushroom Kingdom 9
The Legion 5
Nusantara Elite Warriors 6
The Phoenix Federation 7
LoSS 6
Valhalla 7
NATO 6
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance 6
Global Order Of Darkness 6
Federation Of Armed Nations 6
Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations 6
Nueva Vida 5
The Foreign Division 5
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons 5
The Templar Knights 4
World Federation 5
Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism 7
Legacy 7
Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics 6
Asgaard 8
Argent 8
Christian Coalition Of Countries 6
Global Democratic Alliance 6
Ragnarok 7
Guru Order 5
Siberian Tiger Alliance 7
The International 6
The Grämlins 7
Knights Of Ni! 5
The Prolific Empire 5
Boards Alliance Of Protectorate States 6
SLCB 6

I was going off activity in the public eye and a bias of what I think they would be like during times of war.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1310527466' post='2755289']
First of all, what in the world are you on about? Why the irrational lashing-out at Tyga?

Second, no, it is not that black and white. If every member in the alliance responds to ingame orders quickly but they never get on their forums otherwise, are they active? If they get on their forums every day but none of them ever post, are they active? If they have active forums but IRC communication is negligible (or vice versa), are they active? Skype is the big thing now, and I don't do Skype... Am I thus inactive? Activity isn't easily defined because there are several mediums in question here. Does being active on one of them constitute "being active", or do you need to be active on all of them? It is not as simple as "being here".

-Bama
[/quote]

If being active means sitting on irc all day, being on the owf all day, responding to ingame orders quickly 27/7 and actually making phone calls to organise and run a computer game :lol1: Im surprised anyone would want to be considered active. What kind of loser would lives their life like that and be proud of it?

What next, people have to meet in RL once a week to be considered active? <_<

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310591414' post='2755618']
If being active means sitting on irc all day, being on the owf all day, responding to ingame orders quickly 27/7 and actually making phone calls to organise and run a computer game :lol1: Im surprised anyone would want to be considered active. What kind of loser would lives their life like that and be proud of it?

[/quote]
Did you read my post at all? That isn't even remotely close to what I said

-Bama

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310591414' post='2755618']

[/quote]

I think you missed the point. Bama hit the nail right on the head. All answers will be subjective, that much is clear.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1310617828' post='2755894']
At the end of the day, governmental activity is what's really important.
[/quote]

Maybe, though if you have an active, dedicated government that only has a handful of active members to lead then it's kind of moot.

[font="Verdana"][size="4"]A lot of AAs also use IRC and their own Boards more than the OWF these days.

But I'l start and leave it at UMB, TOP, Asgaard, and Gramlins from that list. Those 4 are the main AAs I regard in the highest among the Top 50 (all based on past experiences of course).[/size][/font]

Without being in an alliance, you can't really get a good idea of how active they are. Also there are two types of ways an alliance can be active, members just spamming pointless stuff just for the sake of posting more and then there are the active type that include actual intelligent discussion/activity relating the advancement of the alliance or deciding what course of action to take next. The more spam related activity tends take place in the lower level access forums, the discussion that matters takes place in the higher level restricted government sections. Without access to either of these I'm not sure what you're basing how active they are on. If we based it on how much they post on this forum, alliances such as FAN would rate really low, but I don't think they are very inactive even if they don't post on OWF much.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1311187042' post='2759889']
Posting on the OWF doesn't mean you're active, it means you don't know better not to or don't care that it's awful here. Smart people never post here.
[/quote]

You know that kind of means you're self-admitting that you are not smart :P

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1311187042' post='2759889']
Posting on the OWF doesn't mean you're active, it means you don't know better not to or don't care that it's awful here. Smart people never post here.
[/quote]
[color=#718A96][size=2][b]
[/b][/size][/color]

5 being average activity

1 - Mostly Harmless Alliance
5 - Green Protection Agency
7 - Fark
3 - Sparta
7 - Independent Republic Of Orange Nations
? - World Task Force
6 - Orange Defense Network
4 - New Pacific Order