Korean War Thread

Kankou

Citing my successful spy rolls please give me the location of Korean shipyards (including those building the not yet built units) and naval units. I would also like to request the location of the nuclear facilities.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1308579027' post='2735822']
Citing my successful spy rolls please give me the location of Korean shipyards (including those building the not yet built units) and naval units. I would also like to request the location of the nuclear facilities.
[/quote]
The "shipyards" are near the port cities of Najin, Chongjin, Kimchaek, Sinpo, Hongwon, Hungnam, and Wonsan, [b][i]inside mountains[/b][/i]. Rereading what I wrote, I think I didn't really make it explicit about the mountain part when I posted about the navy, so if you would excuse me on that matter.

Reference: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95308&view=findpost&p=2552587

Nuclear facilities would be in the same place as they were. Only difference is that I have stockpiled enough "unarmed" weapons (basically, the uranium are kept next to the bombs instead of inside them) to keep me in this war until the end, so no point in having the facilities.

Just a thought: I personally don't like how a single roll can decide the exposure of every single example of a certain facility type. I wouldn't mind having one facility complex found out at a time (up to a reasonable limit, obviously), but meh, we'll see how things go.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308592978' post='2735995']
UK asked for help in warring BH, a Korean minister helped, UK warred on BH, and after being faced with destruction by America, pointed at Korea to saves its own ass. Just your usual backstabber's tale.
[/quote]

Actually, UK asked for evidence pointing to its attackers, a Korean minister doctored evidence, UK warred on BH, and after Ireland secretly proved that BH was innocent, the UK pointed to Korea.

Don't go about lying to the boy.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1308603807' post='2736117']
Actually, UK asked for evidence pointing to its attackers, a Korean minister doctored evidence, UK warred on BH, and after Ireland secretly proved that BH was innocent, the UK pointed to Korea.

Don't go about lying to the boy.
[/quote]
How is that different from my account? :P

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308524977' post='2735063']
[b][u]Greater Korean Federation[/b][/u]

Troops: 840,000
Tanks: 8,400
Fighters: 65 Squadrons
Bombers: 5 Squadrons
Naval: 28 Seawolf class subs (7 IG subs), two carriers, 1 landing ship.
Strategic Weapons: 50
Nuclear Weapons: 2 warheads, plus daily reload.
[/quote]
My stats from before the IG war started. Please confirm GMs.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1308628045' post='2736595']
Does this mean saved stats are back?
[/quote]
The RP war started before the IG war. I was posting that for reference. Unless we're going to say that a RP war that started before the IG war needs to be affected by the IG war, and not the other way around.

Translation: I'll use my IG stats when Korea is rolled over or survives. Until then....

Edited by Kankou

Ok in response to these rolls.
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97237&view=findpost&p=2737362

Kankou, please give me information about your bunker network in south korea and information about coastal defences in this area: Seogwipo, Jeju, Wando, Kindo and Haenam. Theyre all within the same general area of eachother and around the coast/islands off the coast.

Just feel free to hit one of the mountain ranges in South Korea, although I think the southern Sobaek Mountains would be the best place to start, and you slowly move up north.

As for the coastal defense, just RP what you want with them.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308674524' post='2737381']
Just feel free to hit one of the mountain ranges in South Korea, although I think the southern Sobaek Mountains would be the best place to start, and you slowly move up north.

As for the coastal defense, just RP what you want with them.
[/quote]

If I dont know what Im shooting as far as coastal defences go, then whats the point, you basically just gave me free reign to just say you dont have any.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1308674586' post='2737385']
If I dont know what Im shooting as far as coastal defences go, then whats the point, you basically just gave me free reign to just say you dont have any.
[/quote]
Just use common sense. There would be concealed artillery guns (like the ones in North Korea) and MRL used as coastal defenses, but I don't really need to RP everything to the last detail unless I was making something massive, would I? Just bomb the !@#$ out of the meager coastal defenses and focus on minesweeping. That should keep you busy for now.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1308708737' post='2738068']
**In Britain**
The loss of the illustrious, her crew, aircraft, three corvettes and a battlecruiser hit the public hard, but the MOD was prepared.

It reactivated a mothballed Nimitz class carrier, a compliment of F-35's were brought out of storage and attached to the ships flight wing.

The other lost ships were also replaced with a Ticonderoga cruiser and three braunschweig class corvettes.

They would be crewed by the naval reserves, veterans of the west African war and the first Irish conflict.

They would arrive in the theatre within the week.
[/quote]

Zoot, a mothballed ship takes at least a month (that's if everyone is focusing on it) to get back into service. An example of this came up very recently when the British had to considered reactivating their helicopter carrier for the Libyan campaign.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1308711379' post='2738109']
Zoot, a mothballed ship takes at least a month (that's if everyone is focusing on it) to get back into service. An example of this came up very recently when the British had to considered reactivating their helicopter carrier for the Libyan campaign.
[/quote]

When I say mothballed I don't mean like all the crap pulled out of it, I mean just kept in naval storage, like in port.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1308711577' post='2738113']
When I say mothballed I don't mean like all the crap pulled out of it, I mean just kept in naval storage, like in port.
[/quote]

Ah, fair enough

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308790272' post='2738816']
Question to SpacingOutMan: Can you explain the type of nuclear bombing you did? Didn't get what you meant.
[/quote]

Essentially I carpet bombed the border with the coordinates given to me by Triyun (pinpointed at where you had around 500,000 troops underground and stationed) in pairs of nukes (so two nukes were dropped at a time with close proximity to one another).