Korean War Thread

Kankou

Kankou, you didnt address my attacks on the South Korean coast, Im not going to be a pain, but I refuse to RP your damages for you because ive not a clue what you have down there.

For referance my fleet is 200nm south of the southern mainland Korea, east of Shanghai and west of Kagoshima. Im gonna go out on a limb and say roughly 50 miles north of Okinawa.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aggressivenutmeg' timestamp='1308811892' post='2739206']
Kankou, how big was the nuke you dropped on Busan? and were exactly did it hit?
[/quote]
If you mean the supposed paratroopers in Busan, since I never seen Japan give you permission to land in Japan, I would have to say you never got to do anything about the attempted landing. Merger had posted the following concerning unauthorized landing on his land: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102852&view=findpost&p=2737527

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1308825366' post='2739271']
Kankou, you didnt address my attacks on the South Korean coast, Im not going to be a pain, but I refuse to RP your damages for you because ive not a clue what you have down there.[/quote]
If you mean the pounding around Jindo, I'll get to it in the announcement speech. Just woke up from short nap, and need to get some work done first.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1308825366' post='2739271']For referance my fleet is 200nm south of the southern mainland Korea, east of Shanghai and west of Kagoshima. Im gonna go out on a limb and say roughly 50 miles north of Okinawa.[/quote]

So basically, 5 carrier groups spread out between Shanghai/Kagoshima and Okinawa?

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308829588' post='2739293']
If you mean the supposed paratroopers in Busan, since I never seen Japan give you permission to land in Japan, I would have to say you never got to do anything about the attempted landing. Merger had posted the following concerning unauthorized landing on his land: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102852&view=findpost&p=2737527
[/quote]

I asked, then we moved to the other thread and never got a responce <_<
I said at the top of my post that I'm acting on the assumption I have permission, unless someone tells me otherwise.

[quote name='Aggressivenutmeg' timestamp='1308830467' post='2739298']
I asked, then we moved to the other thread and never got a responce <_<
I said at the top of my post that I'm acting on the assumption I have permission, unless someone tells me otherwise.
[/quote]
Since Merger did write a specific stern warning about unauthorized landings in Japan, I would have to say your troops didn't have any authorization, and thus are not in Japan, meaning they would be spared any attacks for now. That's how I see things, so go get actual permission rather than just assumptions. Thanks.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308829588' post='2739293']
If you mean the pounding around Jindo, I'll get to it in the announcement speech. Just woke up from short nap, and need to get some work done first.
So basically, 5 carrier groups spread out between Shanghai/Kagoshima and Okinawa?
[/quote]

No rush, just thought you had forgotten, and about the carriers, yes. But they arnt all clumped together like a traditional battlegroup, they literally are spread out across that triangle of sea with my Submarines and ASW helicopters throwing up a ring of steel to the north, NE and NW.

Exact positions are hard to give but as a rule of thumb

[quote]Once the squadrons had returned the Hellenic Forces were ready for the next phase of the offensive. The Battleships HNS Kalimata, HNS Venice and HNS Rome moved into positions south and east of Korea. Not far behind would be the carriers HNS Poseidon and HNS Aphrodite with the HNS Odysseus. a command ship, staying as far away as possible where it could still maintain all its systems against the GKF. The rest of the Pacific Fleet established positions south and east of Korea in a pattern that would make sure a single hit could never take out more than one ship.
[/quote]

I'm going to have to ask that Triyun rewrite his post. Unless my geography is horribly inaccruate, I'm pretty sure that Pyongyang is not 20 miles sout of Zargathia.

Also, I thought you respected me! Why have you igonored my request to hold all attacks for now :( *Acts all hurt and that stuff*

And finally.... I think EM speicifically said no grand detection of entire network, and that there are enough arguments to show that's imppsible.

Since EM asked me to clarify my compromise, here are the choices.

[b][u]Choice 1: High Tech Bunkers[/u][/b]

1. Allow the large "high tech" network,
2. The entire western part of Chosun's bunker system will be exposed upon the following conditions met by Triyun
- Five successful nuking over five separate points in western Chosun (however, the initial 10 nuke bombing will go on)
- Five successful spy rolls to piece together the map.

The result will be that Triyun can kill off 70,000 troops and 800 tanks with a single SDI roll, to a total of 210,000 troops and 2,400 tanks. At the same time, the rest of troops will be destroyed at a rate of approximately 6,000 troops per successful spy/SDI combo rolls, while having great security as they move along the system.

[b][u]Choice 2: Low Tech Bunkers[/u][/b]

Each successful spy roll will expose approximately 10,000 troops, which would need to be defeated in a SDI roll. The troops will be comparably immobile as contrast to choice 1.

Note that I can vary the numbers of troops in the bunkers, although the 210,000 troops/800 tank offer will still stand with choice 1.

Please ask any questions you might have about the proposal above, Triyun. I'll ignore your acceptance in the GM thread for now.

Also, a note: I'm likely to be away starting from the 25th to the 27th, so I request that all RPing/rolling related to the Korean War (unless specifically agreed to by PM) be stopped during that time. Thanks.

I am having nothing more to do with that mess of a war. It isnt even fun anymore, its just the coaltion indiscriminately nuking a small pensinsular with essentially 20 megaton nuclear weapons. There is nothing and nobody left alive on the surface, regardless od what Kankou says, realistically, Korea is a graveyard. Which makes what the coaltion doing an act of genocide, and I know your going to dress it all up as "she used nukes first shes open season" but I actually couldnt care. Dress it up however you want but it doesnt sit right with me, I RP ICly through OOC beliefs, and if I was a General in a coaltion commiting genocide, I would desert and go to jail rather than be a part of it.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102852&view=findpost&p=2742693

Kitex, either get at least some minimum writing down on where and how your forces have started their action, or don't bother posting at all. Furthermore, the conflict being in its 5/6th day, there is no physical way that your troops would have come all the way from Alaska to your assigned Japanese base. You're still in the North Pacific, a long way from joining in any conflict (and I'm not even taking into consideration how you might have gotten all provisions necessary for the move, given that alone would have taken weeks)

Sorry, but not going to take your post into consideration until it is editted.

Minimum requirement example: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102852&view=findpost&p=2740050

PI: You're attacking a place that the Republic of Daehan (anti-KGR state) controls. Would you like to edit to a new location, or just continue on with it? If editing, pick a place in South Jeolla.

I've been thinking of moving the RP to a new thread, mainly for a change in scenery after all the lulznuking that had occurred, and to reflect the changed political situation within Korea. Would you people mind?

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1309196964' post='2742772']
Yeah, I got confused by the different colors. I'll just edit to Mokpo like I was originally planning.
[/quote]
Not a problem. I'll probably reply in about 3 hours or so.

To help those of you landing soldiers in Korea, I made a map:

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/Korean_fallout.png[/IMG]

[list][*]Red: .5 Gy/hr, 100% lethal in sixteen hours of exposure
[*]Purple: .05 Gy/hr, 100% lethal if untreated or 50% lethal if treated in five days of exposure, will cause severe illness
[*]Blue: .005 Gy/hr, 5-50% lethal if untreated in sixteen days of exposure, will cause moderate illness
[*]Cyan: .0005 Gy/hr, will cause illness[/list]

Please keep in mind these are only 1MT nuclear detonations vs. the 20MT nukes dropped on Korea, and there are only 10 of them. NBC suits help, but they only block a portion of radiation & in heavily irradiated areas (such as currently exist in Korea), one will still easily receive high doses.

[size="1"]Sources:
http://www.unitedstatesaction.com/nuclear_radiation_and_fallout.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_radiation_syndrome[/size]

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1309221759' post='2743025']
SOUNDS LIKE FERTILE GROUND FOR GODZILLA!
[/quote]

just throwing this out there.

new Godzilla film slated for 2012
http://www.webcitation.org/5wNWDaN39

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1309227460' post='2743120']
I love how my landing spot is one of the only areas clear of that. I pick my areas well.
[/quote]

That's just a random distribution; I didn't plot the location of the nuclear detonations or even close to all of them, else Korea would be only purple and red with some blue reaching into Japan. :P

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1309232198' post='2743161']
That's just a random distribution; I didn't plot the location of the nuclear detonations or even close to all of them, else Korea would be only purple and red [b]with some blue reaching into Japan.[/b] :P
[/quote]

Are we still talking about CNRP?

...too soon?