Korean War Thread

Kankou

Mind posting the forces participating and their general locations so I can keep track of things? Thanks.

Also, all OOC goes here. Please don't post OOC in the other threads, thanks.

[b][u]Actual Participating Forces[/b][/u]

[b][u]Greater Korean Federation[/b][/u]

Troops: 840,000
Tanks: 8,400
Fighters: 65 Squadrons
Bombers: 5 Squadrons
Naval: 28 Seawolf class subs (7 IG subs), two carriers, 1 landing ship.
Strategic Weapons: 50
Nuclear Weapons: 2 warheads, plus daily reload.

[b][u]Pravus Ingruo[/u][/b]

10,000 Marines

[b][u]United Kingdom[/u][/b]

Troops in theatre - 55,000
Tanks in theatre - 460
Undisclosed artillery/APC's

[b][u]Canada[/u][/b]

Troops: 2,000
Tanks: 175
Fighters: 10
Bombers: 5
Strategic Weapons: 20

[b][u]Blue Heaven[/u][/b]

Troop Force in Theater (IT): 100,000
Tank Force IT:1,000
Fighter plane Force IT: 90 F-22 Raptors
Bomber plane Force IT: 30 B-52s

Edited by Kankou

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kankou, you need to say what ships you have IG. Even though I am not a formal combatent yet

Standing Army: 1,016,000 (RPed reserves)
Standing Armored Forces: 10,016 (equal numbers IFV, APC, Self Propelled Artillery) (substantial reserves)
Combat Air Squadrons: 90 Fighter Squadrons, 15 Bomber Squadrons (substantial reserves)
Navy: 11 Littoral Combat Ships, 11 Amphibious Dock Ships, 9 Battleships, 9 Cruisers, 8 Frigates, 8 Destroyers, 35 Submarines, 7 Carriers (substantial reserves)
Nuclear Weapons: Hundreds, 25 Operational, 2 Daily Renewal
WMD: 50 (large stockpile)

Edited by Triyun

I'll be constantly buying ships to match my RPed ships, hence why I haven't written anything formal yet.

Please keep the forces to those that will be participating in the war. Don't go posting your entire military.

Also, has Pravus Ingruo launched the missiles yet, or is it to be launched? Didn't understand.

Edited by Kankou

Standing Army: 910,630
Standing Armored Forces: 9,106(Not counting APCs and the like)
Combat Air Squadrons: 80 Fighter Squadrons, 25 Bomber Squadrons
Navy: 10 Littoral Combat Ships, 10 Amphibious Dock Ships, 9 Battleships, 8 Cruisers, 7 Frigates, 7 Destroyers, 35 Submarines, 7 Carriers
Nuclear Weapons: Dozens of 19 Megaton Strategic weapons, hundreds of smaller tactical weapons, 25 Active, 2 Daily Renewal
WMD: 50 while maintaining a large stockpile.

Not sure what you mean by "daily reload" for nukes, but the policy is (as far as I remember) 20 (or 25 with HNMS) able to be fired off at once, only able to reload one or two a day (if you have WRC or not). So if you fired off seven day one, and had a WRC, you'd have 20 on day 2 and so on. Fire off all 20 (or 25), next day you only have 1 (or 2).

Troops: 444,376
Tanks: 4,444 plus undisclosed number of APCs, IFVs, artillery, etc.
Aircraft: (70 squadrons total)
.5 squadrons Surgical Bombers
1.5 squadrons AC-130s
36 squadrons Air Superiority Fighters
24 squadrons of Fighter-Bombers
6 squadrons of Ground Fighters
2 squadrons of Heavy Bombers
Undisclosed number of helicopters
Naval: Merchant Marine only
Strategic: 50
Nuclear: Full

My missiles have already been launched. Also don't know how much of my military will be participating. 10,000 Marines at least as they are being picked up by the Athenians.

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308525780' post='2735078']
Not sure what you mean by "daily reload" for nukes, but the policy is (as far as I remember) 20 (or 25 with HNMS) able to be fired off at once, only able to reload one or two a day (if you have WRC or not). So if you fired off seven day one, and had a WRC, you'd have 20 on day 2 and so on. Fire off all 20 (or 25), next day you only have 1 (or 2).[/quote]

Unlike most of you, I've started buying nukes. Therefore, I figure I can have a reload while also having the newly bought nuke as usable.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308525780' post='2735078']
My missiles have already been launched. Also don't know how much of my military will be participating. 10,000 Marines at least as they are being picked up by the Athenians.
[/quote]
Just update them as you go along. Thanks.

Not formal combatant; posting for reference.

Standing Army: 1 425 000
Standing Armour 14 251 tanks (equal numbers IFV, APC, Self Propelled Artillery)
Aerial Forces: 95 Active Squadrons
Navy: 12 Littoral Combat Ships, 10 BB, 9 Cruiser, 9 DD, 7 Subs (times max sub multiplier), 7 CVN
Nuclear Weaponry: Multiple Hundreds, 23 Active
WMD: 50

Standing Army: 664,528
Standing Armored Forces: 6,645 (equal numbers IFV, APC, Self Propelled Artillery, etc)
Combat Air Squadrons: 85 Fighter Squadrons, 20 Bomber Squadrons
Navy: 9 Littoral Combat Ships, 9 Amphibious Dock Ships, 8 Battleships, 7 Cruisers, 7 Frigates, 7 Destroyers, 30 Submarines, 6 Carriers
Nuclear Weapons: Dozens 19MT warheads, hundreds of others, 25 Operational, 2 Daily Renewal
WMD: 50, with stockpile

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Troops in theatre - 55,000
Tanks in theatre - 460
Undisclosed artillery/APC's

Navy- 6 carriers, 8 corvettes, 8 heli carriers, 7 battleships, 7 cruisers, 6 frigates, 6 destroyers, 24 submarines

Nukes - n/a
Air - 600 ish

Forgive the bad stats, on my phone, I'll fill this out fully tomorrow.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308525662' post='2735075']
I'll be constantly buying ships to match my RPed ships, hence why I haven't written anything formal yet.

Please keep the forces to those that will be participating in the war. Don't go posting your entire military.

Also, has Pravus Ingruo launched the missiles yet, or is it to be launched? Didn't understand.
[/quote]

Post your forces you have standing now still.

[quote]So if you fired off seven day one, and had a WRC, you'd have 20 on day 2[/quote]

If you fired seven off day one and had a WRC, I think you'd have 15 on day 2. I believe the regeneration is flat.

could be wrong though, but it seems stupid that if you fire off 19 you'd have 20 the next day but if you fire off 20 you only have 1 or 2

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1308530248' post='2735177']
If you fired seven off day one and had a WRC, I think you'd have 15 on day 2. I believe the regeneration is flat.

could be wrong though, but it seems stupid that if you fire off 19 you'd have 20 the next day but if you fire off 20 you only have 1 or 2
[/quote]

Sorry, I had meant WRC with HNMS. Forgot to post that. We're both thinking along the same line though.

It would probably be more beneficial to everyone involved if those who have posted their numbers only posted what they currently have involved in the war or are in the theater, not their entire military force, since some men would undoubtedly be staying at home in reserve. Posting the entire force of your nation does not help in getting an accurate picture of the numbers in the war.

Perhaps if everyone posted what they currently have involved in the theater, and continue to update it as necessary, and also post their current reserves at home, we can build a more accurate picture of the conflict and how it is shaping up.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1308530784' post='2735195']
It would probably be more beneficial to everyone involved if those who have posted their numbers only posted what they currently have involved in the war or are in the theater, not their entire military force, since some men would undoubtedly be staying at home in reserve. Posting the entire force of your nation does not help in getting an accurate picture of the numbers in the war.

Perhaps if everyone posted what they currently have involved in the theater, and continue to update it as necessary, and also post their current reserves at home, we can build a more accurate picture of the conflict and how it is shaping up.
[/quote]
That's what I asked, but it seems most haven't actually decided how many they're sending. BTW, thanks Merger.

Not to argue and such, but

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102836&view=findpost&p=2735212

Given that I have the SDI, five missile defense, and used a nuke, I think that 5 missiles a bit too low. Something about 70% shot down?

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308532798' post='2735238']
Not to argue and such, but

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102836&view=findpost&p=2735212

Given that I have the SDI, five missile defense, and used a nuke, I think that 5 missiles a bit too low. Something about 70% shot down?
[/quote]

1) SDI only works for nuclear weapons, not non-nuclear weapons.
2) IG missile defense % = % of IC missiles shot down. How it's always been. Take it up with the GMs if you don't like it. *shrugs*

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1308532982' post='2735242']
1) SDI only works for nuclear weapons, not non-nuclear weapons.
2) IG missile defense % = % of IC missiles shot down. How it's always been. Take it up with the GMs if you don't like it. *shrugs*
[/quote]
Not exactly. Back in the conflict with Malatose, I used the same methods and had a much higher hit rate. There has never been any sort of rule concerning how many you shoot down, as long as it's reasonable. I think I'll stick with the 7 missiles shot.

Also, wouldn't WMD be under the SDI rule? That's how I remember things.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1308533236' post='2735250']
Not exactly. Back in the conflict with Malatose, I used the same methods and had a much higher hit rate. There has never been any sort of rule concerning how many you shoot down, as long as it's reasonable. I think I'll stick with the 7 missiles shot.

Also, wouldn't WMD be under the SDI rule? That's how I remember things.
[/quote]

Ah, no, sorry. If you have 5 IG missile defenses, you shoot down roughly 50% of the missiles tossed at you. Those are the rules. You don't get to pick an arbitrary number. It's been connected to IG missile defenses for YEARS (as it was back when I was PI the first time in Florida).

And SDI ONLY works with nuclear missiles. It's always been that way.

Standing Army: 521,810 total [500,000 active, 21,000 reserve]
Standing armored forces: 5,218 [equal numbers of IFVs, APCs, self-propelled artillery]
Combat air squadrons: 70 squadrons total [840 aircrafts total]
Navy: Brown-water navy [Coast guard]
Nuclear weapons: 10
WMD: 50, but maintaining a large stockpile