Korean War Thread

Kankou

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pending some discussions, I have to say that I wouldn't be posting for one ~ two days until things are figured out. In the meantime, please enjoy the other conflict.

Commenting on the map: With the concentration of underbground bunkerbusting and lack of airbursts, I doubt that we would be seeing anything similar to the map. Might as well keep those man alive, iKrolm. I could use some non-warfare RPing once things get going.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1309259225' post='2743367']
Pending some discussions, I have to say that I wouldn't be posting for one ~ two days until things are figured out. In the meantime, please enjoy the other conflict.

Commenting on the map: With the concentration of underbground bunkerbusting and lack of airbursts, I doubt that we would be seeing anything similar to the map. Might as well keep those man alive, iKrolm. I could use some non-warfare RPing once things get going.
[/quote]

I RP'd a combination airburst/underground, mostly in North Korea. Looking at that map, it took four 1MT to cover most of NK. Seven 20MT hit NK, and that's just[i] [/i]from me.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1309259370' post='2743368']
I RP'd a combination airburst/underground.
[/quote]
I'll answer that specific question when I start posting RPs.

Oh yes, to clarify what I mean by the previous statement: I wouldn't be posting RPs.

Fall out is actually worse ground burst rather than air burst. If you examine the link iKrolm provided he said surface burst. I think that now that we are dealing with much smaller tunnels, the NBC protection in them would be significantly reduced, in addition to seismic activity produced by the blast, the vacuum effect created by the thermonuclear blast, etc, I think its fair to say that caves would be significantly damaged along with there being significant exposure to radiation.

That said, I for one would be willing to allow for a significantly reduced fall out if current PM negotiations were successful.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1309280704' post='2743498']
I don't know weather patterns in that part of the world, but is there a reason all the fallout is going in a north-south direction rather than west-east?
[/quote]

No, no reason at all; it could be blowing in any direction.

Edited by iKrolm

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1309308731' post='2743790']
Actually, I'm almost positive it would be blowing south-east.
[/quote]
It would be blowing Southwest because of the East Asian Monsoon winds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_monsoon

Little known fact, a country’s weather is dependant on the player controlling said country.
Otherwise players couldn’t role-play random weather disasters in their countries.
Random weather disasters during wars, however, are unacceptable.
Kankou has the say, within reason, where Korea’s winds blow.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1309310192' post='2743810']
It would be blowing Southwest because of the East Asian Monsoon winds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_monsoon
[/quote]

Erm, if you actually read that article it says southeast, bud.

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1309469051' post='2745321']
Erm, if you actually read that article it says southeast, bud.
[/quote]
[quote]
In most years, the monsoonal flow shifts in a very predictable pattern, with winds being southwesterly in late June,[/quote]

Man they are raining so many nukes down on the place there is no way I'm coming within 50 miles of Korea proper. Just don't have the NBC gear to justify it in RP.

So respond to my boat of people I sent so I can move my brigade back to where-ever they are needed next.