Hockey Playoff Pickem' Challenge

King Charge

Here's how it would work:

Before every round of the playoffs you will be able to pick the winner of each match up and how many games it will take for the series to be over. Points will be rewarded as followed:

Guess the series winner and in the correct games get 5 points.
Guess just the series winner get 2 points.

Bonus Points will also be rewarded. This is a prediction you will make at the start of the playoffs of 2 teams you think will make the Finals. You will predict the winner and in the correct games, but since this will be done at the start and not re drawn, the points will be worth more. They will be added to your total, and may affect the result of the winner.

This is how the Bonus Points will be awarded:

Both teams, Winner, and correct games = 20 points
Both teams and winner = 15
Both teams = 10
Winner and in correct games, but wrong 2nd team. = 7
Winner = 5

If this thread generates enough interest I'll make a thread on our forums. Winner would receive their choice of either 300 tech or 18 million dollars (if more than 20 people join I'll probably raise that to 500 tech or 30 million dollars).

This competition is brought to you by Gotham; official alliance of the NHL :awesome: . (Not really)

UPDATE: SIGN UP HERE
http://cnbatcave.com/index.php?/forum/92-king-charges-awesome-hockey-playoff-pickem-challenge/

You're going to have to register at our forums. I know it's a pain, but it's the best way to do it. Good luck fellas.

Edited by King Charge

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1301877807' post='2683679']
I'm so in. Canucks and Caps, Canucks in 7.
[/quote]

[quote name='moneymango' timestamp='1301878714' post='2683686']
Canucks, Bruins. Nucks in 6
[/quote]

I can't wait for the inevitable first or second round choke from the Nucks.

My prediction: Flyers and Red Wings, Flyers in 7

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1301882367' post='2683715']
Who else will come out of the West? I have no faith in the Nucks or Sharks to do anything in the playoffs. LA maybe?
[/quote]

It is a tough call in the west (well, also in the east.) But if not the Nucks I'm more inclined to say the Hawks to repeat.

And yes, that is my immense hatred of the Red Wings talking. I would rather there not be a Stanley Cup playoffs than see Detroit win it. True story.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1301880368' post='2683695']
I can't wait for the inevitable first or second round choke from the Nucks.
[/quote]

Word. Especially if the Nucks run into the Hawks and the Sharks run into the Ducks.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1301882302' post='2683713']
The fan in me says Sabres...but I think we have a year to go before its our year.
[/quote]

Hey, ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. Look what the Habs did last year.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1301882367' post='2683715']
Who else will come out of the West? I have no faith in the Nucks or Sharks to do anything in the playoffs. LA maybe?
[/quote]

I'd say anyone but Nashville or San Jose.

Also, the OP has been updated with the sign up information.

Edited by King Charge

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1301885278' post='2683753']
I registered. Do I need to apply for a mask or can you just make a special mask for people in this thread?
[/quote]

According to forums admin, you shouldn't need any special mask to access that forum. Let me know if you're still having problems, I'll go heckle them if need be.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1301886096' post='2683761']
According to forums admin, you shouldn't need any special mask to access that forum. Let me know if you're still having problems, I'll go heckle them if need be.
[/quote]

Screenshot of the error I get when I click on the link exactly as you have it in the OP:
[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/ThePenguinVA/sserror.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1301886285' post='2683764']
Screenshot of the error I get when I click on the link exactly as you have it in the OP:
[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/ThePenguinVA/sserror.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Try it now.

If it doesn't work now, heads will roll.

The caps crumble in the playoffs every year...they arent making it to the finals. They are still missing a part of the puzzle.

I bleed orange and black so I gotta go with the flyers in the east

The west is a bit different. Luoungo isnt the same goalie in playoffs past...so I'm not sold on the nucks, if he plays like he does during the season they stand the best change. Wings always have a chance. San Jose wont. I love the Kings, but they are still too young I think. Next year might be their year. No phoneix, no nashville. The ducks could, different team since Emery has started. Hawks wont because Turco isnt a playoff goalie. I'd rather see Dallas make it into the playoffs than them.

Edited by Sarmatian Empire

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1301936068' post='2684043']
The caps crumble in the playoffs every year...they arent making it to the finals. They are still missing a part of the puzzle.

I bleed orange and black so I gotta go with the flyers in the east

The west is a bit different. Luoungo isnt the same goalie in playoffs past...so I'm not sold on the nucks, if he plays like he does during the season they stand the best change. Wings always have a chance. San Jose wont. I love the Kings, but they are still too young I think. Next year might be their year. No phoneix, no nashville. The ducks could, different team since Emery has started. Hawks wont because Turco isnt a playoff goalie. I'd rather see Dallas make it into the playoffs than them.
[/quote]
Dude, the Hawks have benched Turco for months. Crawford has been our starting goalie.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1301948539' post='2684130']
Dude, the Hawks have benched Turco for months. Crawford has been our starting goalie.
[/quote]
Dont' they split time? I thought it was 50 50...either way. Hawks have more issues than just goalie.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1301949853' post='2684141']
Dont' they split time? I thought it was 50 50...either way. Hawks have more issues than just goalie.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Crawford has won more games as a rookie goaltender for the Hawks since Ed Belfour, he's our starter. I wouldn't see goaltending as an "issue" area considering we won it all last year with Niemi. We need to get healthy. Bolland proved last year that he's a big time playoff performer, and Sharpy was (maybe still is) leading the team in goals. We need them back in the line up. Also, Keith needs to start playing like a Norris winning D-man. He has had way too many dumb turnovers this season. I think this team has potential to do some damage. EDIT: IF THEY CAN MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS! :mad:

Edited by King Charge