Hockey Playoff Pickem' Challenge

King Charge

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1303887389' post='2700249']
Well that worked out splendidly. Van in 7.

Now we just need to roll over the Preds. Detroit is the next real challenge.
[/quote]

Lol, good luck rolling over the Preds. I hope the Nucks aren't overlooking them as much as you are, because they have a pretty good team over there. That Pekka Rine or whatever can easily steal a series and Luongo can easily lose a series for the nucks.

Also, I wouldn't even count the Sharks out at this point. I mean, The Canucks moved on, maybe this is the year for chokers to win? :P

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1303941321' post='2700594']
Aww shucks, that's three years in a row now we get eliminated by Chicago. We'll get you guys next year. ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, well it wouldn't be a rivalry if we just rocked you every year. We have our cup, had an interesting playoff series where we pushed the number one seed to game 7 overtime. It's hard to be upset with them. They deserve a rest, hopefully Seabs and Keith will utalize this time to get their heads out of their arse.

My picks for the round:

The West
[color=green](1)Canucks in 5[/color] Right winner, wrong games
[color=red](7)Kings in 7[/color] Wrong winner
[color=green](3)Red Wings in 5[/color] Right winner, wrong games
[color=green](5)Predators in 4[/color] Right winner, wrong games

The East
[color=green](1)Capitals in 6[/color] Right winner, wrong games
[color=green](2)Flyers in 5[/color] Right winner, wrong games
[color=green](3)Bruins in 6[/color] Right winner, wrong games
[b][color=green](5)Lightning in 7[/color][/b] Right winner, right games

2nd round starts tomorrow!!!

Please get your picks in ASAP. You will be deducted points off of your final score if you don't get your picks in by puckdrop! I'm not sure how many, but there has to be a penalty for it or else it's not fair to everyone else! I'll try to update the score right now.

Here's the thread for 2nd round sign up! Get on it boys!
http://cnbatcave.com/index.php?/topic/308-second-round/#entry1935

Standings update: Kevin McDonald is running away with this. We can't let this nucks fan win! :P

Kevin McDonald: 27
Martino: 18
Goldie: 17
King Quaz: 15
King Charge: 13
Wu: 13
Moneymango: 13
Jekalle: 13
Scipio: 13
Keeper: 11

Go back and check my math if you want and correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by King Charge

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303944074' post='2700636']
Yeah, well it wouldn't be a rivalry if we just rocked you every year. We have our cup, had an interesting playoff series where we pushed the number one seed to game 7 overtime. It's hard to be upset with them. They deserve a rest, hopefully Seabs and Keith will utalize this time to get their heads out of their arse.
[/quote]

Personally, I' rather see indignation than humble pie. Why not "those lucky !@#$%^&*. We trounced them in game 4 and 5 and they barely managed to squeak through in the end. Their hallow, cream puffs, chokers-in-chief. I can't wait to watch Luongo collapse against Nashville and let in 8 goals.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uMZt3YQIbGc/SgmrcrtUqsI/AAAAAAAAAJM/ouboyCMonag/s400/luongo_beachball.jpg[/img]

lolololol"

And so on. It irritates me that people mock their opponents when they win and then play all humble when they lose. Be spiteful damnit. ;)

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1304028191' post='2701409']
Personally, I' rather see indignation than humble pie. Why not "those lucky !@#$%^&*. We trounced them in game 4 and 5 and they barely managed to squeak through in the end. Their hallow, cream puffs, chokers-in-chief. I can't wait to watch Luongo collapse against [b]Nashville and let in 8 goals[/b].

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uMZt3YQIbGc/SgmrcrtUqsI/AAAAAAAAAJM/ouboyCMonag/s400/luongo_beachball.jpg[/img]

lolololol"

And so on. It irritates me that people mock their opponents when they win and then play all humble when they lose. Be spiteful damnit. ;)
[/quote]
I'm not sure what you're smoking, but it must be some powerful stuff

[quote name='Linden16' timestamp='1303881182' post='2700195']
^^^ This

To quote Hughson "It's a wonderful day for an exorcism".
[/quote]

I'm now seeing Canucks fans everywhere talking about how their team "exercised" its demons.

lol.

Next round starts on Saturday! Get your picks in! Sorry about the inactivity. I just got a new job...on top of my old job...on top of full time school. But I promised prizes, and prizes I will deliver! I'll post the updated standings sometime tomorrow!