Hockey Playoff Pickem' Challenge

King Charge

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a Canucks fan since I was old enough to pick a team to cheer for. I will say we've got the best chance in a LONG time of going further than the second round this year. The Blackhawks, regardless of their make up now, are not the same team that beat us last year or the year before. We've played well, we've managed to develop solid dependable lines even though injuries and I think we're set to go far. Chicago WILL be difficult but I think we've got this. I'll say Canucks in 5. The Hawks will have to work harder than they did last year to beat us. Both our goalies are also in top form. Considering the Hawks got rid of a few good solid players after winning the Cup last year, I think the Canucks will be able to ride the momentum of the season into the first round of the playoffs and take the first round.

Edited by Cager

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1302324899' post='2687268']
What makes you say that? The fact that regardless of if they win or lose a playoff series, cars will be flipped over and riots will ensue? [/quote]

Habs make it to the pre-season = cars getting flipped and riots ensue! lol

Streaming the Pitt-TB game and watching Det-Phx on TV, cuz I'm awesome :)

For those who cannot get the game they want to see on TV either because you don't have coverage in your area or because CBC has chosen to give you a game you don't want to see, or if you're not in North America (or parts of the US) but still want to watch the games, CBCSports.ca streams every game they cover online, live. That includes Phx-Det, TB-Pitt and Van-Chi tonight, and Bos-Mon beginning tomorrow.

Can't help you with the other 4 series as TSN carries them, but who cares about Nashville-Anaheim anyway?

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1302497742' post='2688368']
Their defense is better than last years (see: not only being able to fully field 3 defensive pairs but having some in reserve). Their backup goalie went 16-4-2 with a .929 save percentage. Luongo will be rested going into the playoffs and might even be able to take the odd night off because Schneider is so dependable. Not too concerned about Luongo playing poorly this year.
[/quote]
I now feel even more confident about this. Hopefully it continues throughout the series.

Looks like the Red Wings dominated last night. Those many of you who have massive inferiority complexes regarding the Wings, no doubt the result of years and years of watching your teams lose to them, should now--as usual--find some way to complain about how the Wings didn't deserve to win the game. Bear in mind first, though, that the Coyotes got six power play chances to three for the Wings, that four of them came in the first period alone, and that two of them coincided for a 1:30 two-man advantage.

Have at thee.

I dont know what series is going to be the most exciting...I'm an East guy so the west is out for me...Boston Montreal is going to be good of course...but I cant wait for Pens Tampa...as a Flyers fan, watching one of these guys take the other out is wonderful, I hope it goes 7 games

The two I was most excited about were Vancouver/Chicago and Boston/Montreal, because of the rivalries. Pittsburgh/Tampa was a close 3rd. I think the Sabres/Flyers series could be pretty good though.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1302809100' post='2690698']
[url]http://byfuglien.ytmnd.com/[/url]

I got a kick out of that.
[/quote]
dat salary cap

So excited for game 2 tonight.

Edited by Drai

The Bruins/Habs series should be very interesting. Especially with the Habs taking game one in Boston. The Wings finally looked like a championship caliber team in game 1 of their series. They haven't played so well lately. If Franzen gets going again this post-season everyone better watch out. Z is out for at least the next game though, that hurts.

[quote name='moneymango' timestamp='1302898941' post='2691210']
u mad I'm going to game 2?
[/quote]
Very jealous yes. You better belt out the anthem with Mark Donnelly pre-game.
[img]http://www.world-memorial.org/CAST-Mark%20DonnellyCanucks.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1302901498' post='2691231']
Very jealous yes. You better belt out the anthem with Mark Donnelly pre-game.
[img]http://www.world-memorial.org/CAST-Mark%20DonnellyCanucks.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
For sure. Sitting 22 rows up behind the Loungo for the first and third. :D. Hopefully I am good luck.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1302917364' post='2691315']
How much were your tickets?
[/quote]
$310.
The game was unreal, such a great atmosphere. I really hope the Canucks can go for a run this year, the city will go insane.

Edited by moneymango

I think I watched the most poorly called game every last night between the flyers and the sabres.

-Someone dropped their stick, and as it was falling and flyer hit it and got called for slashing.
-They did a fake faceoff to throw someone out(what are they called anyway?) and the Buffalo center pushed Briere to the ground and didnt get a penalty.
-A flyer went the clear the puck, it hit someones helmet and went out of the rink and he got called for delay of game.
-After the play someone picked up Giroux and slammed him into the ground and they BOTH got a penalty.
-The flyers took a shot and it clearly hit off the outside of the net and they refs called a goal, luckily they took it away.
-Buffalo scored a goal and the refs made no call at all, instead they went right to instant replay, I'm assumming to see if the net was lifted up, but I've never seen a no call like that before.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1303067321' post='2692032']
Torres and Samuelsson both back for tonight's game which will be huge.

Still miss Malholtra, but apart from him we've now got all our main forwards on the ice.
[/quote]

Hawks will have John Scott. Well see if your players are still as physical. <_<

We're done. This Hawks team is pretty terrible. I'm just glad we made the playoffs I guess. It's hard to get mad when they just won the cup last year. Anyways, judging by Hossa's performance (if you can call it that), he probably has a golf tourney to get to or something, because I don't even notice him out there.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303098342' post='2692345']
We're done. This Hawks team is pretty terrible. I'm just glad we made the playoffs I guess. It's hard to get mad when they just won the cup last year. Anyways, judging by Hossa's performance (if you can call it that), he probably has a golf tourney to get to or something, because I don't even notice him out there.
[/quote]

Yes, indeedy. Get out the brooms.