Hockey Playoff Pickem' Challenge

King Charge

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1303327171' post='2694791']
Looks like Luoungo's issue after that reach back save really cost them. Should of pulled him sooner, something was clearly wrong. Blackhawks still go down though
[/quote]

Luongo's only issue was him not being able to mentally recover after getting hit for 2 in a row. I'd be very surprised if he had anything physically wrong with him, he's never had the best ability to overcome adversity and he psyches himself out more than most goalies. That's what I'd be worried about. I'm tempted to say give the start to Schneider. It will never happen in a million years, but that kid will one day bring his own team (not the Canucks) very deep in the playoffs.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1303334666' post='2694872']
Luongo's only issue was him not being able to mentally recover after getting hit for 2 in a row. I'd be very surprised if he had anything physically wrong with him, he's never had the best ability to overcome adversity and he psyches himself out more than most goalies. That's what I'd be worried about. I'm tempted to say give the start to Schneider. It will never happen in a million years, but that kid will one day bring his own team (not the Canucks) very deep in the playoffs.
[/quote]

I think if Luongo doesn't at least get to the Cup finals, AND SURELY if the Hawks come back and win the series (I can dream, can't I?), Schneider will be the new starter and Luongo will be shipped somewhere else.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303335493' post='2694879']
I think if Luongo doesn't at least get to the Cup finals, AND SURELY if the Hawks come back and win the series (I can dream, can't I?), Schneider will be the new starter and Luongo will be shipped somewhere else.
[/quote]

There's no way. Who in their right mind is going to pick up a contract with 11 YEARS REMAINING, at (I can't remember exactly but I think) more than a $6m cap hit a year, for a goalie that chokes in the playoffs? Luongo is Van's starter for the next 10 years whether they like it or not.

Edit: Which is why I expect Schneider to be shipped this off season or next, for probably a first round pick. I saw Schneider play a bit when his team played against my local AHL team. Man, that guy knows his way around a net.

Edited by Kevin McDonald

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1303334666' post='2694872']
[/quote]
I dont know, I still put the blame on the save where he had to reach back, could of tweeked, overthought and got scored on, then your process takes hold. Who knows.

I think Schneider is gonna be a big names one day as well, I like the Enroth kid in Buffalo and of course Bernier in LA as well

Scores have been updated. Everyone who submitted their first round picks had Detroit. Kevin McDonald was the only one who picked them in the correct amount of games, hence he takes a 3 point lead on everyone after the conclusion of the first series.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303363126' post='2695299']
Scores have been updated. Everyone who submitted their first round picks had Detroit. Kevin McDonald was the only one who picked them in the correct amount of games, hence he takes a 3 point lead on everyone after the conclusion of the first series.
[/quote]

Oh yeah! Though it's bittersweet, considering how much I hate Detroit.

[center][IMG]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/King_Charge/coach.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[center][b][size="7"]Got a Problem? Go See The Wizard![/size][/b][/center]
[center]Alain Vigneault, you need a brain. You're a terrible coach. Your decisions lack any sort of sense.
Kevin Bieksa, you need courage. You talked crap, yet ran away from John Scott all night. Then, on the very next shift after he was kicked from the game, you had no problem instigating a fight with the much smaller Victor Stalberg.
Roberto Luongo, you need a heart. It seems to be there before every game, but once you let a bad one in, or there's to much contact for your liking, you cave in and just give up.
Daniel Sedin...Go home Daniel. Just go back to Sweden and never come back.[/center]

Let's go Hawks tonight. Let that shadow of doubt creep on in there. :P

How did I not see this before.....

As A long time fan of the winged wheel, I now appoint myself the Red Wing voice here :P. The facts are if the wings are clicking (and they seem to be (for now)) nobody can stand before them.

Finals:
Red Wings vs. Pittsburg (III). Wings in 7

Mr. McDonald I guess I'll be talking to you soon. :P o7

[quote name='Archmage' timestamp='1303483318' post='2696555']
How did I not see this before.....

As A long time fan of the winged wheel, I now appoint myself the Red Wing voice here :P. The facts are if the wings are clicking (and they seem to be (for now)) nobody can stand before them.

Finals:
Red Wings vs. Pittsburg (III). Wings in 7

Mr. McDonald I guess I'll be talking to you soon. :P o7
[/quote]

PREDS PREDS PREDS PREDS PREDS PREDS PREDS PREDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enough said. :P

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1303692332' post='2698838']
So with Ana's elimination I'm 2-1, with those 2 also being the correct # of games.

I'll start the nagging, Charge, update the stats :P
[/quote]

Wait until this heart attack from game 6 passes. :o

[u][b]IF[/b][/u] the president's trophie, number one seeded, Canucks lose to the #8 seed, dismantled, backed up into the playoffs Chicago Blackhawk team after going up 3 games to 0 in the series...WOULD it be the biggest choke in NHL History?

I believe it would.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303711734' post='2699058']
[u][b]IF[/b][/u] the president's trophie, number one seeded, Canucks lose to the #8 seed, dismantled, backed up into the playoffs Chicago Blackhawk team after going up 3 games to 0 in the series...WOULD it be the biggest choke in NHL History?

I believe it would.
[/quote]

I don't think the BH's will win game 7....but they are the defending champs.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1303880750' post='2700191']
10 heart attacks later.
[/quote]

^^^ This

To quote Hughson "It's a wonderful day for an exorcism".

Edited by Linden16