ASI Announcement

2burnt2eat

bxp5kbr.jpg

The Atlantic Sphere Initiative

Not long ago, the Dominion of the Grand Enclave was founded by one member with a rather crap nation. We now have 35 nations on our AA (and my nation is still crap). While we are still small, we realized changes needed to be made for continued success. As Rodrod said, "DOGE" as a name may have helped us attract members, but not always the right type. As Draisatl said, going forward it may lead to snap-second judgments that aren't necessarily fair. Today, that same alliance will continue to thrive under a different name, and that name is the Atlantic Sphere Initiative. Our protectors are the fine folks in The Seven Kingdoms, of who we've had the pleasure to work with. Our forums will be the same with a slightly different address while we continue to work on a new one.

Forums

Team Color: Brown

Protector: The Seven Kingdoms

IRC: #asi

The Atlantic Sphere Initiative Charter

Preamble

For the Purpose of the Growth and Establishment of The Atlantic Sphere Initiative and her Members, We hereby adopt this Charter to be the Foundation of our Government, and the basis of our Community. Though alone we are weak, through our Cooperation we are strong.

Article I: Admittance

To join the Atlantic Sphere Initiative, an applicant must fill out all necessary forms and meet all set qualifications without exception. Membership with other alliances is forbidden. A Nation's application may be denied for any or no reason.

Article II:Expulsion

A member may be expelled immediately from the alliance upon order of the President, provided that they have in some form created imminent danger to the alliance, or shown consistent poor behavior and insubordination. An expulsion order can be overturned with seventy percent of the voting membership in opposition, with such a vote occurring upon request of the expelled member. The voting membership is defined as all members that cast a vote.

Article III: Government

Section A: The President

The President leads the Atlantic Sphere Initiative. The President reserves the power over all alliance functions unless specifically stated otherwise in binding government documents. These powers may, and usually are, vested in subordinate government officials. The President is bound by no term length or limit. He assumes power by the appointment and resignation of his predecessor of the same office.

Section B: The Appointed

The Appointed derive their authority to govern from a delegation of powers by the President. They are both chosen and replaced by the President at will. The appointed fill the head of department positions (Directors), and lower positions, not including the Deputy Director position (the second-in-command of Department Directors). These members are tasked with carrying out all duties assigned by the President. There may be a designated position created for the Presidential successor, or this may be a dual title of a member.

Section C: The Elected

Each Department Director will have a secondary and subordinate leader, known as the Deputy Director. This position is elected, and is elected every three months in an established voting cycle. The purpose of The Elected is to provide leadership in the absence of the Director, represent interests of the members, and become the prime candidate for Director replacement, if necessary. The Presidential successor is also elected every three months. An incumbent running unopposed will win by default.

Article IV: Amendments and Additions

Amendments and Additions to this Charter may be made upon submission of a proposal by the President, and the approval of the majority of the membership who vote. During the first year of the alliance, the President may make changes at his discretion to deal with any issues that were not thought of for this Charter.

Signed,

2Burnt2eat, President
Lordship, Vice President
Rodrod, Director of Interior Affairs
Draisatl, Director of Foreign Affairs
Melkor, Director of War

Sorry Rey, no wrestling theme.

So what your saying, is that you're actually an alliance now...
Good job.

We figured that many new players to the game actually do want to be considered nations and join something that is themed on an actual CN alliance. As we've had the most success getting new players, this should help us going forward.

And I'll still take your sarcastic compliment. ;)

Protectorate Agreement

Article I: Preamble
In the spirit of good will, prosperity, and the pursuit of friendship, The Seven Kingdoms (henceforth referred to as TSK), and The Atlantic Sphere Initiative (henceforth referred to as ASI), do hereby recognize this protectorate agreement as official and agree to all terms and conditions therein. They recognize that ASI shall be deemed a protectorate of TSK until such a time that ASI can stand independently as a sovereign alliance.

Article II: Protection
In a case where ASI finds itself in an unprovoked defensive war, TSK agrees to offer all necessary assistance to ensure ASI's protection and well being. Should ASI be the provoker in a conflict, TSK may offer its assistance at its discretion. In a case where TSK finds itself in a war, defensive or offensive, ASI is encouraged, although not required, to assist TSK.

Article III: Communication
Both TSK and ASI agree that communication is key to any relationship. Both parties will keep each other up-to-date on all important information. Furthermore, TSK will send advisers to ASI to ensure ASI is operating well and to offer whatever assistance is needed. ASI also agrees to keep TSK informed about any foreign affairs decisions they may make, and gives TSK veto rights over treaties and other such agreements. TSK will be present as an adviser to ensure efficient development of internal programs and processes.

Section IV: Economic integration
TSK will assist ASI in building a strong economy by any reasonable means. Both parties will grant each other preferred status in buying and selling technology, as well as finding and constructing trade circles. 

Section V: Cancellation
Either party may cancel this treaty with 48 hours notice to the other party. During these 48 hours, the treaty remains completely in effect.

Signed for TSK,

David Stilicho, King

JethroKyte, Hand of the King

Metalbot, Master of Arms

Lyev, Master of Laws

Jache, Master of Whispers

LandR, Grand Maester

Der Rote Baron, Master of Arts

Signed for ASI,

2Burnt2eat, President
Lordship, Vice President
Rodrod, Director of Interior Affairs
Draisatl, Director of Foreign Affairs
Melkor, Director of War

Glad to have this all sorted. Congratulations to our friends in ASI for successfully recreating themselves; we're happy to help for as long as you need us.

We figured that many new players to the game actually do want to be considered nations and join something that is themed on an actual CN alliance. As we've had the most success getting new players, this should help us going forward.

And I'll still take your sarcastic compliment. ;)

Well when I first heard of DODGE, I thought it was a joke that would die as fast as it appeared.
But it seems I was wrong. So good job. I mean that sincerely. Just don't make the mistakes we did in PNU. :P

wow

such backpeddling

doge beter 

many confuse

bad choice

Well when I first heard of DODGE, I thought it was a joke that would die as fast as it appeared.
But it seems I was wrong. So good job. I mean that sincerely. Just don't make the mistakes we did in PNU. :P

Thanks. We'll continue to work hard for the sake of our members, and while we've (I've) made mistakes as evidenced by our prior name, we'll continue to learn from them. I am curious about PNU though. If you ever want to share your story about it and your advice, feel free to pm me. I would be glad to have it.

• 4 weeks later...

[font='comic sans ms', cursive]Hi to whoever is reading I'm new to Cyber Nations and I would like to join this alliance, however, I have no idea how to do that. Please help!![/font]

Try sending a message to the person who posted this.